A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper & Ephemera Swap Gallery (warning: may induce envy)  (Read 10590 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eterry2
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2005 07:56:45 AM »

thank you stickeravenger for the wonderful ephemera.  You really went way beyond the call of duty! 

I cannot thank you enough!

Terry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2005 05:13:45 AM »

I got my envelope from happify this past week, but I've been out of town!  Will post a pic soon!  Thank you so much!  Lovely stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
amyshrugged

ohhh...we could start over again

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2005 06:54:20 AM »

Ok... well I know silloh_77 received from me a while ago, and I received her envelope as well.  I can only assume that kellyfitz84 got her envelope from me, since I've sent her 3 PMs over the course of this swap and she hasn't replied to any of them... has anyone heard from her?   Huh

So anyway, I'm posting pictures, because it doesn't look like silloh_77 will mind, and if it ruins kellyfitz84's surprise, too bad.  Tongue  I had a lot of fun putting together my envelopes, and I hope she enjoys everything I sent her, even if she isn't sending back or responding to my PMs.    Undecided

Here is what I sent out to both my swap partners:

and some closeups...

this one shows (clockwise from upper left corner) some nice brown and burgundy bookbinding leathers, handmade decorative papers I made last semester, pages from a weird princess-themed coloring book, pages from a 1980's photography book, pink resume paper, a paste paper, also from last semester, origami papers,  decorative papers from my favorite bookbinding store (Hollanders.com, check it out!), and in the center, four pieces of Italian bookcloth.

this one shows more of my handmade paste papers (very top, teal/orange), a bunch of decorative papers fanned out across the middle (japanese yuzen, batiks from India, woodblock prints, artist-designed silkscreened paper (see the bugs? it's from papermojo), some italian prints, leaf-prints, and marbled papers)... and at the bottom, some funny cat stickers, ribbons, bookbinding linen thread, and some cute cards with animals on them.  

Whew!  Not done yet.  Here is what I received from silloh_77:

a wide array of holiday-themed Simpsons ephemera, a page from a kitten calendar, some really cute vintage valentines, a big stack of stationery, and some other decorative papers, including:

my favorites, illustrations from on old Robin Hood book and some botanical postcards from IKEA.

Thanks, silloh_77!  

If anyone has heard from kellyfitz84, let me know..  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 03:46:18 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now accepting orders for custom handmade books.. treat yourself to a new handbound journal or sketchbook! 
PM me for details.

etsy shop coming soon!
flyinpurplemunkiez
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2005 10:29:42 AM »

I took pictures of only one of the packages I sent and now I don't remeber who it went to. But they were both very similar because I didn't want either or my swap buddies to feel like they didn't get as good stuff as the other. I figured it's safe to post this now that Princessandthebead got her package and stickeravenger is out of the country and therefor won't be able to post pictures for quite some time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
skyra

a fork is a fork of course

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2005 01:52:16 PM »

I got my pkgs from Darkest_Faerie and Flareon (I actually got mine from DF quite awhile ago, but I have been so scattered that I forgot to post!)

GREAT papers, and everything went straight into my collections and I TOTALLY forgot to take pics.  Thanks goils!

Can't wait for my 3rd pkg!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting to save the world...one magnet at a time!!
http://www.torridcraftaffair.etsy.com
princessandthebead
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2005 05:37:56 AM »

YES! YES! YES!  That is what flyinpurplemunkiez sent out to me!  Isn't she a great swapper!!  I love all my stuff.  Thanks for posting the pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a Sharpie addiction.  eemmm...In Fact, I am the President of the Sharpie relocation program. 
Newest addiction....PINCUSHIONS!!
I love personal swaps!

My wist:  http://www.wists.com/princessandthebead

I collect business cards and would LOVE to add yours to my collection!  Email me!
happify
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2005 09:53:05 PM »

I've been a remiss swap organizer not even posting pics of what I've received until now!  Mea culpa!  I am so glad I organized this swap, though, because I got absolutely lovely things from all three of my partners (Selenium, Maps, and RaeAmazon).  Unfortunately, I share a digi cam with my brother and he stole it back from me the day before my papers from RaeAmazon arrived, so I don't have those pics to share yet.  But there will be photographic proof of its wonderfulosity.  

For starters, and in order of arrival, paper and ephemera from SELENIUM!  

I swear she must be stalking me, in the nicest way possible -- so many things that are so me!  The stickers, which don't show up all that well in the photos, include carp/goldfishy species of the sparkly variety, the cute japan/china/korea cartoony characters type, food! (mmmm), dried flowers, and sticky gold numbers (I was just looking at these in Menards the other day -- see?  she must have sent her agents to follow me!).  And the papers range from labels and vintage postcardy types (once again, feeling the love -- esp. the stork one w/ the disgruntled new father in the window), to beautiful printed japanese papers (the kind I ogle over in stores) and fruits and veggies in positions  as you've never seen them before (that is a celery Forum there) and origami paper.  And some of her own B&W photos -- my favorite is the row of statues that you can see under the pic of the NY nighttime skyline (that one's so going on a card for my favorite soon-moving-to-NY photographer cousin, if that's okay?).  And the cutest ?candy? wrappers with fish on them, in all different colors!  Plus the duck journal, with bizarre English on the front; I love love love this kind of stuff!  Mistranslations, come my way!  And all this (plus more!) was neatly packaged in a striped folder (did I mention I am going through a stripes phase) in a letter themed envelope.  Wowzers!

If you think Selenium had her secret agents taking notes as I window-shopped, Maps must've had hers peering into my house.  The first paper I saw when I opened the envelope was the beeeyoooteeeful aqua blue one:

It's got a gorgeous sheen to it, and just so happens to be in my new favorite color (well, one of them -- it's not cheating as long as I still love and am committed to orange, green, and pink, right?).  I don't even know if anything'll be done with that one -- it's up on my vanity with the four bowls and the lamp in the same color that've popped into my life in the last few months.  And as you can see, Maps package had some lovely coordination going on with that blue on two different kinds of paper, the butterfly botanical-type pages, the pale yellow papers, the flower stickers, and the page that must be from the Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Then there was the dash of gold tones, like the picture of The Kiss, which I was very tempted to use on a wedding card for some friends before deciding I couldn't part with it quite yet (next wedding, perhaps), and the checkered Chinese paper...And stamps!  And, perhaps my very favorite (well, one of them, along with the blue and the butterflies and the Caterpillar) is a little diagram-type picture.  Well, needless to say, all just wonderful!

So, really, I don't think either of these wonderful swappers are hiding out in Mpls following me around and trying to figure out what I like, but in case they are, they should just come out of hiding and we can be bestest friends and go paper shopping and make beautiful things.  

I'll try to get photos of RaeAmazon's stuff in the next few days.  Meanwhile, I'm loving looking at everything that everyone else has been sending and receiving -- it seems like the swap is going well (at least, as far as I can tell) but if you have any problems or feedback whatsoever, please let me know, either on the thread or by PMing me.  I'm hoping to start getting positive feedback left in the next 24 hours, plus additional reminders sent out.  

Much paper love!
Julia
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011 03:45:41 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
skyra

a fork is a fork of course

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2005 07:54:07 AM »

I just received my last pkg from RaeAmazon Smiley  Thanks so much...LOVE everything Smiley

great swap goils (hopefully all of the people who sent me stuff also took pics, cause I dug into mine too quickly to get them LOL)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting to save the world...one magnet at a time!!
http://www.torridcraftaffair.etsy.com
Flareon
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2005 06:07:59 PM »

This is the equivalent of the pakages I sent to Stickeravenger and Skyra.  The little ones are actually art cards from a museum, suitable for framing.  Not shown here but included in the packages were some watermark document papers and cardstock already divided for ATCs. 

Note: I've already received from Sticker, but not from Skyra so I'm going to wait until the second one arrives to post pictures. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005 06:10:37 PM by Flareon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
icrispyi

Trying to build swap karma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2005 09:46:44 PM »

::whimpers::

round two?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta build good swap karma!

My Crafter-Stalker Cheat Sheet:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmhkorn/319720.html
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5-Minute Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
Fast Food Formations: Homer Simpson Built From Junk Food
Gordon’s Griddled Pineapple Recipe With Spiced Caramel
How to Make Quick Tiramisu
How to Make Brown Sugar Baked Apples With Bourbon
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...