A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper & Ephemera Swap Gallery (warning: may induce envy)  (Read 9935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

piratekittie
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2005 07:19:59 PM »

I've seen those gnome pictures before!! In a book called "Gnomes" Haha. Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HUGE Spring Cleaning Sale!!!!
Etsy: http://karenmaiko.etsy.com

I have a Blog!
 http://karenmaiko.blogspot.com
jacqui
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005 11:10:37 PM »

That's cute stuff. Can't wait to get my envelopes.  Grin Hope people like what I sent them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StarSix
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005 01:59:28 PM »

Here is what arrived in the mail for me today from Darkest_Faerie, displayed on my yoga mat (for lack of a better picture-taking surface):

I love it all, especially the sheet music vellum.  I'm a piano player!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
ubercraftygal

and i swear, in that moment, we were infinite.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005 02:14:42 PM »

fadeawaydream -- nice package!  Wink

The glitter paper is really cool -- is it glued on?  I haven't seen anything like that around here.  Very neat.  The elephant picture is so cute!

Also... I am in love with the gnomes.  Haha!  What are they from??

I can't wait until my partners get my envelopes... this is so fun.

Thanks! The glitter paper came in a pack of assorted papers I got awhile ago from a friend's mom--I think she bought it at Blick. But I'm sure you could do it yourself using white glue and glitter by "drawing" designs with the glue and sprinkling the glitter on.

The gnomes are from this wonderful book I got at a thrift store. It's called Gnomes by Wil Huygen published by the Peacock Press in 1977. The book itself describes everything you ever wanted to know about gnomes including history, language, anatomy, appearance, etc. I love it. (:

i have that book! it's so awesome. whimsical really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fadeawaydream
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005 04:44:34 PM »

Here is what arrived in the mail for me today from Darkest_Faerie, displayed on my yoga mat (for lack of a better picture-taking surface):

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a369/StarSix/IMG_0197.jpg

I love it all, especially the sheet music vellum.  I'm a piano player!

Eee! Such pretty paper! (:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008 01:35:45 PM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

defunctbuffalo
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2005 08:12:13 PM »

No photos yet, but just wanted to brag to the world on behalf of DefunctBuffalo....  She sent out the MOST AMAZING package! 

YAY!  I'm glad you liked it.  Hopefully the other package found its way to a good home?

I'm still enjoying the unbelievably great weather of LA (about to see some fireworks and I actually might need a sweater!!!!  So much nicer than the nasty 100 degrees of Chicago), but I'll be home next week and I can't wait to see all the gorgeous paper waiting for me.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Karensff
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005 12:06:08 AM »

It all looks so pretty.

Karen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flyinpurplemunkiez
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005 07:52:53 AM »

I took pictures of what I sent but before posting them I'll give stickeravenger and Princessandthebead time to get their packages and post pictures of their own (if they want).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maps
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005 02:35:39 PM »

Wow!  I got my envelope from happify today!  It is all wonderful!  I will post pics later, but I wanted to say thanks right away.  Thank you, thank you!   Cheesy  -Molly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been laid up with bronchitis for two weeks. I am catching up now. Please let me know if I have forgotten something! Sad  -4/5/11
craftysunday

oh, trusty vans...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005 05:33:48 PM »

i got my envelope from defunctbuffalo on saturday (it's tuesday. shows how busy my weekend was, right?). anyhow, i just wanted to say thank you thank you (even though she is out of town for a bit). i don't have a camera, but let's just say, i was super stoked! lovely mod looking oragami paper (button making, ahoy!), a national geographic year in pictures magazine (which also served the dual purpose of settling a dispute regarding saltwater crocodiles, so, hooray for knowledge!) and some pages from an old golden children's science and nature book...these were just a few of the many things she managed to stuff into one envelope.

thanks again. this was a super fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build LEGO Animaniacs Dot
How to Build LEGO Minicon Safeguard
Betty Woodman, Max Protech Gallery
Ivan Navarro, Concentration Camp, at Roebling Hall
Gordon Matta Clark and Rirkrit Tiravanija at David Zwirner
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...