A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shells  (Read 1081 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

selenavaz
« on: October 04, 2012 10:40:01 AM »

I have a lot of shells and I want to use them to decorate my bathroom. How do I use them is the question. My bathroom is like any other with a double vanity, luxurious fittings, a shower area, and shower curtains. There is a lot of space on the vanity where I can keep decorative pieces. What is any innovative way to use shells. Currently they are just in a glass kept near my sink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StitchWench
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012 07:01:54 AM »

I have tea light candles sitting in abalone shells.

I have filled the lids of recycled coffee jars (see here: http://www.moccona.com.au/public/products/classic-range/classic-dark-roast.aspx) with small shells because they look pretty. The jars hold a variety of things e.g. cotton balls, buds.

Shells with holes in them hang off earring hooks & hook up the lace curtains so the bottoms hang in scallops.

Plain shot glasses fit nicely into odd corners & look attractive filled with shells.

HTH
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selenavaz
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012 10:00:12 PM »

Hey Stitchwench. Thanks for the ideas. I really like the idea of having shit glasses filled with shells kept in the corner of a room. I think it will look nice. Also the shells on the curtains seem like a good idea. Let me try something with shells on my shower curtains.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selenavaz
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012 01:32:53 AM »

I also came across this picture on the net where shells are stuck to the border of the bathroom mirror. That too looks really nice. Also shells glued to the glass that holds toothbrush. That would be a great idea too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shainakhan
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012 11:06:47 PM »

Hi selenavaz ,

I was on vacation in last summer, I had collected some shell with too many
different color and size, but now I'm confuse for where can I utilize them?..

I was wondering for handmade customized shell neckless but I'm not that much good in creative part Sad

So anybody have any suggestion for same?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selenavaz
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012 10:25:07 PM »

I have stuck the shells on the border of the mirror in my bathroom, giving it a nice oceanic look. Also I have kept a vase with sand and some branches in them for decoration. This gives a cool pleasant theme to my bathroom. What more you could do with shells is stick it on a frame and make a nice photo frame out of it or on a small pot to make a good show piece. These are the easiest things I can think of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JimBerry
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012 09:32:17 AM »

Wow, this thread seems to be a good one (although most of them already are Wink ) with some great ideas for your home. Shells can be used in so many ways- even ordinary looking things can add so much of beauty to our mundane lives. That's the beauty and importance of crafts and craftsmanship.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012 09:15:45 AM »

I know someone who took a printer's tray and filled each space with 1 shell. She moved or took out some of the dividers so the bigger shells would fit. They're glued in place somehow so they don't fall out - the tray's hanging on the wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Lemon Chicken
How to Make Dried Tofu Fried With Celery
California Sushi Roll Recipe
Wok Chicken with Alex McCord
Baked Panko Salmon Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...