I finished a couple of corsets by the end of summer and haven't shared them yet! So here you go. The first one I finished I got the pattern through a corsetmakers website thanks to a lovely member who traced it from a very old patent. Suprisingly I havent' made an entirely black corset yet so black was the way to go!
It was a kind of tricky corset, as all the pieces were creatively shaped and not only the front heart shape. I got lucky with an amateur photographer I know and we made a photoshoot with this corset and others I've shown here before. As I said I got lucky because being an all black item there was no way I could take decent pictures of it! I used thinner boning in this one -and the ones I will show you in a bit- and I am still pondering which boning I like best. I can't quite remember how many bones I used in this one, but as I used double side interfacing I got to make this pretty light. I've traveled with it and it weights next to nothing! It's a lovely pattern but it takes so many hours so unless comissioned I'm afraid I won't be making any other from it soon.
I talk about the process of this corset in this entry in my blog and also about the patent search engine where many other corset patterns are waiting to be used http://costurasdeacero.blogspot.com.es/2012/06/google-patent-search-engine.html
The next two corsets are somewhat coordinated from two colorways of the same patterned fabric I got last year in Japan. It's a lovely cotton that's pretty sturdy, probably meant for quilts and both of them looked just perfect with the same Sand kona cotton I used for the binding. The black one is my standard underbust pattern only a size bigger than mine since I wanted to make it for sale. Thankfully I got enough fabric left for another one as I quite like it with that dress
(yes, I feel silly looking at the camera when I'm using the self timer...)
I got the lining fabric thanks to a swap here on Craftster and I love it! it's pretty thick for corsets and stands up to sweat.
And finally! (phew!) this one it's an experiment, it's called a waist cincher, and got it adapting the underbust pattern and joining the front two pieces to get rid off the front busk as it is a bit too short for that. But because it's short it takes no time at all to lace it at the back so it's okay! it was great making this one since it was such a quick one against all the other ones I make. The only tricky part was cutting the boning so short, but I got the hang of it pretty quick.
Sadly, I didn't get action pictures but if I do I will post them!
Thank you for reading through all of this and hope you like them. C&C is very welcomed!