Pumpkin Squares With Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe adapted from my friend Pam’s mom (Jeanette)
For the pumpkin squares you will need:
1 and 2/3 c. sugar
1 c. canola oil
One 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 large (I used two 11×17″ pans) or 1 half sheet pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl (or the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment), mix together the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until well combined and smooth.
3. Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
4. Bake for 20 t0 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
To make the frosting, you will need:
1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
One 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
1. In large bowl (or the bowl of a standing mixer with the whisk attachment), cream together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
2. Scrape down the bowl, then while mixer is on low speed, mix in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time.
3. Add in vanilla.
4. Frost cooled pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. Slice into bars.
Bars will keep, well wrapped in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.