A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
801 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Apocalyptic Survival Swap (Sign Up: 10/2/12-10/22/12 Send Out:11/30/12)  (Read 20217 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soxymoron
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2012 01:33:29 PM »

Whoop, questionnaire sent!

Lydiaharper and VampAracely, you're right, there are loads of directions this could go in but I think that's a good thing. It'll make it easier to settle on something in the theme that your partner will like. So, possible options, something related to your partner's favourite post-apocalyptic film/tv show/book, clothes or jewellery with a post-apocalyptic feel, items that would be useful in a worst-case scenario - like a mini survival kit, or something that your partner would really want to keep with them. I think this swap gallery is going to have a huge range of stuff, it'll be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2012 01:49:35 PM »

I'm jealous of whoever gets Alexus as a partner, she makes the best apocalyptic stuff! Ugh, I'm still on the fence with this one...

Now that it's cold again, I've been wearing the crazy green hat you made me a lot. The COMPLIMENTS, oh gosh, the compliments! Choruses of "Did you make that?!?!" leading to explanations of what a Craftster swap is Tongue

I hope you convince yourself to sign up!

Yeah... I did finally convince myself... I really shouldn't but I can't resist!

I'm so glad you like the hat, that was far more fun to make than it should have been...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
ivoryh1632
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2012 06:52:46 PM »

Welcome to the swap Alchamy513 and soxymoron! I haven't added you guys to the feedback forum yet, so don't worry that the swap's not showing up on your profile. My computer's being slow and not wanting to load the feedback page and I'm on my way out (having a long overdue girls night  Grin ) so I'll get it all straightened out when I get back tonight. But for now I just wanted to let you guys know you've been approved and whatnot.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012 07:01:40 PM »

I've been looking at this swap every day! Lol I don't know. This sounds so interesting but I'm one of the on the fence people.

Me, too.

I am wondering though, since this swap can go in tons of different directions, what are a few ideas of things that could be made?  Just general ideas, I don't want anyone to give too much away, but something to kinda get the ball rolling and help fill out the questionnaire.  lol

Yeah that's one of my main concerns too! What to make? I'm afraid I'm going to be stumped and run out of time and then panic will ensue Lol.

Off the top of my head (depending on what your partner's into), I'm thinking zombie killing kits (i've seen some cool ones around craftster), steampunk guns, practical survival kits (that have been properly decorated/modified of course) like 20 hour candles, canteens, that kind of stuff. I made sure to put that question about everyone's favorite movies/tv shows/books as an easy fallback so if you can't think of anything else you can do stuff related to that just like any other movie/tv related swap.  I'll do some research later and add a list of projects I find for you guys to use for inspiration. But yeah I definately see this gallery being all over the place which should be really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012 03:03:38 AM »

I already have a few ideas, can't wait for partners! I know, I know, I just joined. But my brain exploded (in a non-zombie way!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2012 03:12:15 AM »

Ok just added a bunch of links on the front page for inspiration and ideas. Most of them are zombie related becuase that's kind of the in thing right now, but you could easily take those ideas and modify them to whatever impending doom you see fit. Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2012 06:42:30 AM »

Round 2 of the Apocalyptic Fashion Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392246.0

My apocalypse fashion board: http://pinterest.com/alchamy513/apocalypse-fashion/

My other apocalypse stuff board: http://pinterest.com/alchamy513/apocalypse-inspiration/

Hopefully those will be helpful as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
VampAracely
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2012 06:00:40 PM »

Ok I took the leap and I filled out the questionnaire! I'm actually pretty excited  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2012 08:58:28 PM »

Welcome to the swap pearljam94 and VampAracely!
Round 2 of the Apocalyptic Fashion Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392246.0

My apocalypse fashion board: http://pinterest.com/alchamy513/apocalypse-fashion/

My other apocalypse stuff board: http://pinterest.com/alchamy513/apocalypse-inspiration/

Hopefully those will be helpful as well!

thanks for the links! i'll add them to the list at the begining of the thread as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissSadieMae
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2012 12:53:02 PM »

Thanks for the links guys they have inspired me big time
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Woman’s First Haircut in Nearly 30 Years
How to Give Your Hair Volume
DIY Leave-In Conditioner
How To Achieve Bouncy Waves with Cesar Ramirez
Get a Diane Kruger Braided Updo Hair Style
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...