A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the craftster guide to nifty, thrifty and kitschy crafts! by leah!!!  (Read 17214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2005 12:06:34 PM »

I would definitely buy the book too because I'm always doing searching on craftster for stuff I've never seen before...just general themes and stuff...

I think if the book had themes that would be really cool. Themes like, you know how there's a lot of nintendo stuff on here? there could be a game section, a gift section, a clothing section, ...well I guess kinda like how the boards have sections that would be like the different sections of the book, and I suppose there could be "tips and tricks" in each section too. Like what materials work best, what books to get that help the most and stuff like that..Or it could have themed sections like Video Games, Bands, Celebrities, and stuff like that for the graphic (silkscreening etc) part...

I like a lot of projects besides the featured crafts, and I think that a lot of the featured crafts photos are offline because of how old they are. I think it would be neat to just ask the craftsters what they think should be in the book from past projects (like submit links to a thread or something) maybe even just for inspiration and then ask for people to also submit new stuff.

Ohh! There could even be a section in the book without how tos but just kinda like an inspiration gallery!  That  would be neat...(it's a loose concept and i know some people might get perturbed about no how tos with those...) I mostly suggest that simply because of the things that might have legal issues riding with them. It could even include links to awesome websites.

Anyway...I really like this idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
Chelsea
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2005 11:06:53 AM »

I love the idea of a Craftster book - all the crafts that I see on here that are just amazing and need all the recognition they can get.  I would definitely buy a book.  I personally love books anyway.  It would also be a lot easier to buy a book than to look up all the tutorials on here.   Usually when I find something really great I print it out or if it's in a magazine I copy it, and I have my own little file folder of crafty ideas (kinda like a book in an unorganized kind of way).  I have a few of the tutorials saved in my Favorite places thing in their own little folder too.  Smiley    Hopefully everything will work out with the current book and this craftster book will turn out good too. 

I heard about this site through getcrafty.com...and I heard about THAT site from her book....so it would definitely bring people to this site. 

April is so far away though   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg4568
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2005 11:12:16 AM »

i would totally buy a Craftster Picture book, or like coffee table book thad didnt feature instructions, but did document cool photos of crafts on here. (originals only of course, not the knock off crafts)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laura99
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2005 06:15:02 PM »

Maybe is too soon, but... still no news?Huh?? Anyway, Craftster is making history at least with my friends and family, but will be nice too see in paper the Craftster Revolution/Evolution, to see how crafts are going to evolve through generations.

Crossing Fingers
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2005 07:00:44 PM »

Maybe is too soon, but... still no news?Huh?? Anyway, Craftster is making history at least with my friends and family, but will be nice too see in paper the Craftster Revolution/Evolution, to see how crafts are going to evolve through generations.

Crossing Fingers

This is from a post a while back in case ya missed it...  Smiley

Since there's been some resurgence in interest in a crafting book, I thought I'd take this as a cue to finally do some bean spilling!

I've had this idea for a very specific craft book for a long time now.  After some trials and tribulations of trying to get it published without an agent, I finally wised up and got myself a fabulous literary agent and she got me a deal!

The title of the book is:

The Craftster Guide to
Nifty, Thrifty, and Kitschy Crafts
100 Projects from the 1950s and 1960s

It's being published by Ten Speed Press and will come out in April 2006.

The majority of the book is craft projects from actual 1950s-1960s vintage books, magazinew and leaflets with the original imagery and instructions updated so you can actually make them. And a few Craftster members and friends have contributed "new but vintage-inspired" projects.

It's very far along -- the manuscript is 99.9% done! I think it's going to be such a fun book. Some of the projects are really cool and you'll want to run right out and make them and some of them are just hysterically funny in that 1950s/60s kind of way.  But above all they have that unmistakable 1950s/60s charm to them.

It's purposely being called "The Craftster Guide to..." so that if it does well there can be all kinds of other "The Craftster Guide to..." books!  Pretty cool, eh?!

For future books, I'd love love love to involve more Craftster member creations.  This book idea just happened to come to me first.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2005 01:02:29 PM »

Exciting! I can't wait to see it and the rest that follow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
remisica

Perception is a vicious cycle. Groar!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2005 01:58:42 AM »

groan! april 2006? that means it'll take til 2007 before i can get my hands on that books! Curses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree.
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2005 05:50:07 AM »

groan! april 2006? that means it'll take til 2007 before i can get my hands on that books! Curses!

Aww. Why will it take til 2007?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
remisica

Perception is a vicious cycle. Groar!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2005 08:34:38 AM »

the slow publishing business. it takes at least half to a whole year for it to get to ol'singapore. harry potter's THE exception; they overship and 2 months later discount 30%.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look for me in the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree.
Laney

You could be as hated as me if you only tried.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2005 03:25:07 PM »

Wow. I was thinking this just yesterday. And I swear I didn't see this post until just now! It came to mind because I was adding more print-outs of projects from here to my DIY binder (all of which came from this site) and I thought, "geez... I have a whole book here. Oohh!! That's what craftster should do!"  Grin

I would definately shell out my hard-earned bucks for a craftster.org crafting book, and I'm pretty "budget-conscious"  Roll Eyes. But, I think there should be more crafts in there than just the featured projects. I'm not knocking the awesome featured projects on this site, but there are just tons of other really great projects that haven't been featured.

I'm really glad someone brought this up. I was too scared.  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are people who have money
and there are people who are rich.
--Coco Chanel
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Game Room - FLEURY FLAKES Breakfast Cereal Review
Classic Southern Pimento Cheese Recipe
Crab Cakes Recipe
Food Network Star Dishes on Dirty Restaurants
How to Make the Perfect 8 A.M. Burger
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...