A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2012 OPS D&G  (Read 14283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Koreena
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012 06:43:28 AM »

... What bugs me about people pinning recipes is that they never seem to use them, or if they do use them they don't say anything about it and you don't know what they thought of it. What's the point in just keeping pictures of food on your Pinterest if you're not going to try the recipes?

I hear you!  I *try* to make a point of updating my comments...  I'm even considering rearranging my food folder and splitting it to 2 (or more), one of which will be recipes I have tried.  I was chatting about Pinterest with some girlfriends the other day (they all LOVE this swap idea, btw) and someone was saying that they spend hours pinning but never make/do anything.  I found that bizarre!  My Pinterest is basically a gigantic to-do list haha ~ I'm obsessed!

The crafty stuff is definitely my favourite part. By far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012 10:43:19 AM »

I totally added a whole "tried it, loved it" board just for food/crafty stuff I've tried....I need to set up an "I got this sweet stuff" board soon too....I do have to go through and re-arrange some of my pins....some boards are just way too cluttered...but I love the ideas I've gotten!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
noushi

interested in doing personal swaps

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012 11:01:55 AM »

I'm totally guilty for the whole pinning a bunch of recipes but never making them.... I just don't have time to cook, but when I do have time I can never remember the recipes I liked. Same with the quilt patterns I pin. But I do make a few of those every so often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012 01:25:26 PM »

I worked on my Pinterest a little today. I got rid of a bunch of bookmarks that were on my browser by pinning them instead. I realized I don't use my bookmarks anymore but find all my stuff on Pinterest so why didn't I do that a while ago?
But in doing this I also had to make a new board, so now my main page isn't just a 3x5 grid, it's a 3x5 grid with a dingleberry. I don't know how I feel about this.

As for the whole "tried it/loved it" thing, maybe when I have more in my Edibles board that I've tried then I will do that. I just started using Pinterest for that though so maybe it will be a while? Maybe it won't?

I hate going to someone's Pinterest and seeing something I've already made for them still on it, well, for some things Some things I can understand, like bowls or whatever, but something like a stitching pattern... Eep! I'm always worried they'll get claimed for it again and then they'll like the claim better than what I made for them! I've always tried really hard to keep my crafted wishlists updates, but sometimes it takes a few days. Sometimes it's something I can just delete and then I feel all accomplished but sometimes I have to say "[got/made] this but keeping it for future reference." Apparently I didn't do it fast enough the last time though, because Koreena claimed me for some masks I made. Good thing she's flexible. She made me some animal ear headbands that I got in the mail today. They are darling! Too bad I can't find my camera. Sad I'll find it soon and post pics, I promise! Probably be after the kids go down tonight, though. They are for Christmas and all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
noushi

interested in doing personal swaps

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012 01:34:20 PM »

When I was going to ship Koreena's package today I hit a small snafu.... I had made a small cat toy to throw in as an extra, but apparently the draw of catnip was too strong for my cats to resist and they managed to snag the toy and completely, COMPLETELY tear it apart Sad I wish I had time to make another, but luckily it was just going to be an extra.

On another note, I completely agree with Jexxican about the leaving stuff you've already gotten on your board to be claimed. A few times I've been worried that something I was claiming had already been made for or by the person. So now I'm off to update my board regarding what's been  claimed for me Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012 01:43:17 AM »

I'm going to add my two cents despite sitting out the swap this round Smiley I know I'm guilty of leaving stuff among my pins despite being claimed for it or having recieved it in a swap... It's not because I hated what I received, so stop thinking that right now! I think it's a mixture of me being a bit forgetful, and also how I use my pins. It's not just a wishlist to me and I usually don't want exact copies of pins, so it's kind of fun to see what two different persons will make with the same inspiration.

What I need to do is take some photos and pin the awesomeness I've already received in these swaps! Oh, and I need to figure out a way to hang jexxicans hoops on the wall I want them on Sad I thought I had hangers that were sturdy enough but the wall killed them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012 07:06:02 AM »

It's not because I hated what I received, so stop thinking that right now!
I wasn't saying people do it because they don't like what they got, I understand the forgetful thing 'cause I do it too, but it still causes a little anxiety.

Also, some things you can get duplicates of and it be cool. Like I claimed Noushi for some fabric covered bowls. If she is down with more bowls than just what I send her, that's cool. You can never have too many fabric bowls.

What I need to do is take some photos and pin the awesomeness I've already received in these swaps! Oh, and I need to figure out a way to hang jexxicans hoops on the wall I want them on Sad I thought I had hangers that were sturdy enough but the wall killed them.
In the hoop swaps they've talked about these little hooks that they make that have double sided foam tape on the back so you stick that to the wall and hang your stuff without having to actually penetrate the wall. Check them out!

Also, I just realized why these cookies aren't as good as they should be: I doubled the butter. *face palm*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012 07:06:32 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012 11:02:45 AM »

We might actually have something like that... Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012 11:45:57 AM »

I had made a small cat toy to throw in as an extra, but apparently the draw of catnip was too strong for my cats to resist and they managed to snag the toy and completely, COMPLETELY tear it apart Sad

No worries!!!  That's pretty funny, actually Smiley  Hope your cats enjoy it!!  This happens to me ALL OF THE TIME.  I think I've put something away and then *poof* It's gone...  only to be found days later covered in dust & cat hair from being chased all over the basement by Mr. Chubbs.  He's loving the felt ornaments I've been making for the sweat shoppe swap...  have already had to re-make 3 ornaments.  They now stay in a sealed ziplock at night!!

And Jexxican - so glad you like the ears Smiley  I have some photos of them, if it would be easier for you to keep them tucked away - just let me know, I can post them for you.  Like I already said to you privately, I really enjoyed making them & am planning to make more for the little ones in my life.  Such a simple & fun project to make!

I have some big crafty plans for myself this weekend...  I just revisited tamalama's Pinterest and can't remember which ornaments I was planning to make haha...  Will make a decision & get moving... my send date is Thursday & with Hallowe'en on Wednesday, I had better hurry up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012 12:39:36 PM »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to post pics. Bad Jessie!

Action shot!I want to wear the monkey ones all the time but alas, they are for the kids' Christmases. Sad Ah well, 2 more months and I can steal them all I want!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Placemat on a Rectangular Loom Part 1/2
How to Knit a Laptop Table Saver with a Loom Part 2/2
How to Knit a Placemat on a Rectangular Loom Part 2/2
How to Knit a Laptop Table Saver with a Loom Part 1/2
How to Knit a Flat Panel on a Loom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...