A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 3937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 01, 2012 07:16:04 AM »

Swap name: October 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 October 2012 to 31 October 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a Pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow Craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your Pinterest site.  If you don't have a Pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the September swap, please do not sign up until you send. You will not be accepted.  

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's Pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: October 2012 Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012 07:20:44 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012 07:22:45 AM »

Discussion and Gallery

Swappers Name links to Pinterest
Bold and Blue = give love = claiming more than claimed
(1) Jexxican 2/0/2
(3) elyxandra 2/0/2
(3) AuntieKar 3/0/3
(2) zzdia 2/0/2
(4) Koreena 2/0/2

(1) melindasaysrawr 1/0/0
(1) Tamalama 1/1/0
(2) gala_apples 2/0/2
(1) bunny1kenobi 2/0/2
(3) Noushi 3/0/3
(1) SMLounsbury 1/0/1
(1) goddessgarb 2/0/2
(1) GIDDIUP222 1/0/1

Claims
Sent
Received
Late with communication

Due Oct 19
zzdia --> AuntieKar for some crochet snowflakes and maybe a crochet monster

Due Oct 20
Koreena --> Jexxican for something felt for the kids

Due Oct 25
noushi --> Koreena for a surprise!
jexxican --> gala_apples for some stamps

Due Oct 26
gala apples --> melindasaysrawr for infinity and beyond bracelets

Due Oct 27
noushi --> zzdia for some supplies
tamalama --> koreena for a skeleton key necklace Temp neg Shipped 12/18

Due Oct 29
elyxandra --> Koreena for something for the hoopla wall
elyxandra --> zzdia for supplies and a surprise Rec'd Dec 21? Awaiting confirmation

Due Oct 31
jexxican --> noushi for fabric bowls

Due Nov 1
zzdia --> elyxandra for some whedon stitchery
koreena --> tamalama for some C-mas ornaments

Due Nov 2
AuntieKar --> elyxandra for something "inspiration" inspired, and a surprise

Due Nov 3
AuntieKar --> bunny1kenobi for some pinterest suprises

Due Nov 4
noushi --> SMLounsbury for some surprises for the kiddos.

Due Nov 5
goddessgarb --> AuntieKar for a Girls Survival Kit and a pin cushion strap for the sewing machine

Due Nov 6
Gala_apples --> elyxandra for a lettering based craft
goddessgarb --> noushi for a sewing machine pin cushion and some kind of plastic animal pin cushion
AuntieKar --> gala for a ribbon sensory blanket and possibly a suprise.

Due Nov 10
bunny1kenobi to AuntieKar for a star book with ATC's in it.

Due Nov 11
bunny1kenobi --> noushi for an eye mask

DueNov 12
giddiup222 --> goddessgarb for some supplies

Due Nov 14
Melindasaysrawr --> koreena for a surprise
SMLounsbury --> giddiup222 for a toddler bow hat
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013 01:53:10 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

jexxican

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012 07:23:16 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM, USA.

I am a wife to a nerd and a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and a 6 month old baby girl. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do so note how those links go straight to their boards. Need info for sizing or anything just ask! I'm thinking I would really like some stuff for them to use for Christmas presents/stocking stuffers.

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open to interpretation, though I would really not like anything from the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though like I said, feel free to be inspired by it. The same with my "art" board, really. I don't have a lot of wall space, though I do have a hoopla/small art wall so feel free to make something for that. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little. Except my fiber. For some reason I'm trying to build a stash there, so if you want to send me something from my "Fibery Awesomeness" board you would be my best friend. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super., too.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I also really dig fall colors, being a redhead and all. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. I'm not usually very girly. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. My husband is straight up nerd. I think that's all there is to us.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012 07:25:06 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

elyxandra
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012 02:24:41 PM »

Hi everyone!
My name is Elyse. I'm in my 20s, and I run my own graphic design freelance business. I live with my parents, and have no children.

When I'm not working, I spend most of my time reading, crafting and hiking. I am OBSESSED with anything to do with books/lettering/graphic design history. I'm a junior member of a local calligraphy guild, and I'm always thinking about lettering. I love drawing but don't spend near enough time doing it.

I love watching movies, especially quirky ones and some that are a bit obscure. I'm working on building a board with references to my favourite movies incase that helps. Did I mention I love books too? A lot of my favourite movies, are also my favourite books. My favourite authors are Douglas Coupland and Chuck Palahniuk.

I love all animals, but prefer cats to dogs, and lizards/amphibians to insects (unless it's a dragonfly or butterfly/moth).

I have dark hair and light skin (I guess you would call me a winter) so I wear a lot of jewel tones, blacks and greys and not very much orange/yellow. I seem to be on a purple kick these days, although turquoise and emerald greens are also in heavy rotation. When it comes to jewellery I prefer silver/grey tones for metals. I have pierced ears, and love ear cuffs.

I don't have any allergies, and I love things that smell yummy, although I would prefer not to receive any food items in the mail.

I am open to receiving craft supplies, and to crafted items that are inspired by or an interpretation of something on my boards, although I do have a specific wishlist on there as well Smiley

You can find my pinterest at: http://pinterest.com/elyxandra/
I guess all of the boards are fair game for inspiration, although i don't think you'll get much out of the tips board. I just finished an Adventure Time swap, so it would be nice to get something other than A.T. stuff.

If you want to know anything else, just ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012 06:44:05 AM »

Hi, all! Cheesy I'm Aida and I'm from the Philippines (that's an archipelago in Southeast Asia, if you have no idea where that is). No allergies

I'm a professional nerd computer programmer. I love geeky things, musicals, books. My favorite colors are green (from emerald green and heading towards the bluish green shades) and most of the deep blues and darker shades of blue, also earthy tones like browns and greys and autumn reds. I'm not a huge fan of lighter shades of blue except turquoise, and overly bright colors like neons.

All my boards are fair game for crafting or inspiration, except for the stuff I've made, received from swaps ones (but they do show a lot about me), keep in mind (just stuff I want to keep track of), places I want to go to, food, and cute/funny board (just there for the fun). Basically, my pinterest boards are arranged in such a way that the ones that aren't as useful swap-wise are at the bottom. You don't have to make exact copies of my pins, you can be inspired by them. Also, the descriptions in my pins are usually my comments on the pin. I prefer sturdy, well made, and functional. I'm still adding more pins, slowly but surely!

And I love supplies, and if you want to make a supply claim I've got a supply board.

My pinterest: http://pinterest.com/zzdia/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012 09:23:20 AM by zzdia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012 07:42:27 AM »

Hello  Grin

My name is Koreen & I live near Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada.  **I have an American PO Box for swapping with people from the US**

I am mom to a giant boy who has just come to school at the university where I work.  My job is to provide "cultural activities" for students who have come to Canada to learn English & it suits my absolute love of learning about other cultures perfectly.

My current obsessions include playing roller derby (go Niagara Roller Girls!), all things crafty, spending time with family & friends, and relaxing with a good book or movie when I have some spare time. Which is almost never haha.

I am allergic to dust, mold & cigarette smoke, but don't think that those things should really affect what I receive...  I don't have any pets at home, but often spend time/craft at my SO's house and he has a cat.

All boards on my pinterest are fair game and supplies are great   Boards that will probably be easiest to claim from are: "I want these things. Bad", "Decor Ideas", "Things I want to make (or have made) for me", "Crafty Supplies I need" and "Jewelry".

I love blues above all but like most colours except for pastels and neons.  I love bracelets, earrings & necklaces and silver is my preferred metal...  Hand stamped charms are amazing, if you ask me.

My apartment is sadly boring when it comes to decoration... You know that place you decide to live 'for a little while' and don't really make it home?  Well, I've been there 4 years now... Think some wall art or hoops to start a hoopla wall would be pretty awesome.   I love trees, words & quotes, birds, books, silver, retro/pin-up images...  There's really not much I don't love.

I guess that's enough about me for now!  Questions about sizing or specifics for projects are welcome

Have a great day everyone!
 K>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012 03:58:11 PM »

Hi all!

I'm Karly, and I'm a 31 year-old married crafty goddess.  Ok, so more like a crafty goddess wannabe...bygones.  So, I live with my hubby, and my loving parents (we're in that awkward "in between places" phase right now).  I have a 9 year-old step-son who lives in the UP with my DH parents.  I love trying new things, which makes this a perfect swap for me!  I love fall colors (it's my favorite time of year) and jewel tones.  I recently chopped my hair off, so would love some crafty goodies that I don't have to make myself to go with my new 'do!  I would also love some stuff to use for Christmas for Hubby and Son (Ryan and Micah-they have their own boards).

Most all of my boards are open to use, feel free to be inspired!  I'm soon going to make a "got it" board, which I won't need anything from.  If you need to know anything, feel free to ask, I'm pretty much up for anything!  The only thing I would steer away from would be profanity...I do want to be able to share what I get with the kiddos in my life!

Oh yeah.....the important link.....www.pinterest.com/mrshoss

happy crafting!
Karly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
melindasaysrawr

I'll go where the wind takes me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012 11:25:45 AM »

Hey, there! I'm Melinda. I'm 20, turning 21 on the 15th of this month! Yay! I live in a middle of nowhere town in North Georgia, about 2 hours away from Atlanta. I live in a little apartment type deal in the backyard of my mom's house, it was a recent thing, as some of her family members moved in. We call my place the "shack." It's pretty decent size, kind of like an open room loft, with a closet, and what will soon be a bathroom. My parents are recently divorced, and my mom is disabled (as are the family members now staying with us, thanks to age and a car wreck.) So I do most of the bill paying, errands, and all that good stuff. I have three furbabies, Ollie (long hair chihuahua who lives with my dad now), Nick (minitaure pomeranian) and Bella (a long hair chihauhua that I think may have a bit of Yorkie in her). I spend most of my time with my lovely boyfriend Justin, who is my most favorite ginger<3 I love him even if he is a Volunteer fan Tongue

I have no allergies. No major dislikes. Clean, used items are a-okay by me! You can get a good sense of me from the board "that girl Melinda." http://pinterest.com/neyney1991/that-girl-melinda/

All boards are up for inspiration. I have wishlist boards for me, for other people, for supplies, and to buy. The dream closet board has most the hair accessories and all the clothes I'd like. The board Jewelry of course has all the jewelry I'd like.

I'm an avid reader. I watch Netflix, not cable. I'm working on the episodes of Grey's Anatomy, and love it. Vampire Diaries is a close second. I like photography, and have a Nikon D3100.

Things that make me happy: turtles, lime green, zebra stripes, cheetah/leopard spots, bob marley, candles, owls, peter pan and tinkerbell, turtles, Georgia bulldogs, photography, reading, harry potter, sushi, cooking, jewelry making, backstreet boys, four leaf clovers, most anything irish, peace signs, cameos, hoodies, tye-dye, tattoos, feathers, backstreet boys
Books: Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Nora Robert's books
Movies: Peter Pan, Dirty Dancing, the Secret Garden, Annie, Pirates of the Carribbean, Alice in Wonderland
TV Shows: Greys Anatomy (but I'm only on season 6! be careful of spoilers lol), Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds

Thanks so much!  Grin

http://pinterest.com/neyney1991/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/neyney1991/

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
gala_apples
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012 06:53:48 PM »

I'm Gala, from Winnipeg (Canada).

I'm kind of known as the woman with a thousand necklaces. Every time me and my friends hang out the first thing they do is peer at my throat. I realise my pinterest is skewed towards necklaces, but I really tried to fit every medium on (clay, metal, embroidery, sewing, etc). I don't have any allergies but I have a fat neck, so chains need to be 19" at least.

For supplies, nothing has to be specific. I like ink and stamps and paper and findings, I don't really care about if they're brand name, or certain colours.

For Christmas all my relatives are getting soap baskets. Any scents on my soap board are just suggestions, I'm happy with anything. I also have a few newborns and no clue what to do about it, so I've pinned a few baby things *shrugs* If you can think of something a 8 month old totally needs, I will add it to my pinterest so you can claim me for it  Wink

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/smac385/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012 01:00:14 PM »

Hi, Im Deanna and I live in sunny AZ!  Im excited to be able to play this month and Im looking forward to stalking everybodys boards!

If you choose to claim me, most of my boards are suitable, and use any you like for inspiration (exact replicas not required).  The ones that probably wont be much help to you are Upholstery Fabric, How Bizarre, The Best Medicine, For Me?, My Craftiness is Showing, Im An Artist Heres my Card, Someday Grandbabies, Gift & Swap creation  Inspiration (this is for things I'd give to others, not things I want myself), and my food boards. 

My kids would also be happy with goodies "Gifts for my kiddos" is where to look for ideas for them.  Im starting the Christmas preparations earlier this year!  If there is a * in front of the notes, it means some kind soul has already made that item.  Because my kids pin their own wishes on there, coming out and saying I got one will give away the Christmas surprise!   (If some kind soul would be willing to make my son or hubby the bearded beanie on this board, they would be sooooooooo thrilled!  My son's 24, so you'd need a man-sized pattern, with sandy brown beard. Hubby has dark brown almost black. Thanks!)

If you need sizes or additional info, please let me know. 

Supply  items gladly received!  I have a board for that, actually 

No allergies, but Im not a big fan of cigarette smoke aroma.  My husband is EXTREMELY allergic to rabbits.  If you have rabbits, please don't claim me unless you have washed your hands thoroughly before crafting, and the clothing you are wearing and the crafting items you are using have either never been anywhere near a rabbit, or have been washed since coming anywhere near a rabbit.  (hope that didn't sound rude... he's REALLY allergic -can't even be within 10 feet of one  Embarrassed )

My link: http://pinterest.com/deannalaw

Thanks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cool Looks For School Kids
Trendy Tushie Huggers from Agoo Clothing
Stella McCartney for Gap Kids and Baby Gap Spring/Summer Collection
Agoo Clothing for Active Babies
How to Choose Organic Baby Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...