A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2012 Birthday Swap  (Read 2705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 30, 2012 05:52:45 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414931.0

Swap name: October 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: Oct 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

**You have ONE WEEK after being approved for this swap in which to make your first claim!**

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414931.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414931.0

Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate PMs, you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put "Oct. Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"Oct. Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received PMs include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by Oct. 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items

--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen

--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.

--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):
Name of swap: Oct 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414931.0  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- Oct. 2012 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=414931.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

July 2012 Birthday List
July 2012 Birthday Gallery
August 2012 Birthday List
August 2012 Birthday Gallery
September 2012 Birthday List
September 2012 Birthday Gallery

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012 06:11:35 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012 06:03:00 PM »

Birthday Swappers (claims made/claims sent/claims received)
craftaddiction - Oct 7 - (0,0,1) receiving 1 gift
witchybelle4u2 FOC - Oct 31 - (1,0,1) receiving 3 gifts
ChevelleZombie - Oct 15 - (0,0,1) receiving 3 gifts
Camelama FOC - Oct 13 - (0,2,1) - receiving 2 gifts
melindasaysrawr - Oct 15 - (0,0,1) receiving 2 gifts
johnson.mom2two - Oct. 8 -(0,0,2) receiving 1 gift
jnny_heck - Oct. 4 - (0,0,1) receiving 1 gift
Foxy Sam - Oct 26 - (0,0,1) receiving 1 gift

Non-Birthday Swappers
TroubleT (0,0,1)
Whysteria (0,0,2)

Claims
sent
received
sending late w/ communication
contact organizer asap

Send by 10/17
craftaddiction to witchybelle4u2 for a pet blanket

10/21

TroubleT to witchybelle4u2 for a scarf and some extras

10/22
witchybelle4u2 to melindasaysrawr for a Tree of Life necklace

10/23
ChevelleZombie to camelama for a scarf,lunch placemat out of plastic bags, mat mug rug

10/24

johnson.mom2two to ChevelleZombie for something Fleur De Lys
jnny_heck to johnson.mom2two for a Big Bang Theory Hoopla
melindasysrawr to ChevelleZombie for a birthday surprise

10/29
Whysteria to ChevelleZombie for slouchy hat and gloves
johnson.mom2two to jnny_heck for pot holders

10/31

camelama to craftaddiction for a fabric basket Angel package received
camelama to witchybelle4u2 for potholders
camelama to melindasaysrawr for a dream catcher

11/2
witchybelle4u2 to Foxy Sam for a scarf - Angel package received

11/4
Whysteria to Camelama for a cat toy and fingerless gloves

11/6
Foxy Sam to johnson.mom2two for a pinterest inspired package
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012 07:11:58 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012 08:04:41 PM »

Happy Birthday everyone. I live with my boyfriend and our small dog in Iowa. We live in a really tiny town, so it is very hard to get craft supplies. So don't be confused if I ask for some tiny supply on my list that is easy available by you. It isn't a mistake. Even if most stores might have the item really cheap, we probably don't. My favorite colors are pink, purple and blue. Please avoid fleece. It gets really static-y here in the winter.

Anything from my pinterest

Sewn:
Organizer basket with divider - Image, Tutorial
Microwave Vegetable/Potato Bag
Coffee Mug Organizer(s)
Upcycled coffee can like this
Reusable sandwich bags with wipeable inside
Super Warm Earflap Hat (knitted/crocheted would also be good if it was lined)
Hanging towel(s) for the kitchen (the kitchen is done it Caribbean colors)
Winter Dog Boots (for snow) - Pattern. For a small dog.
Fabric Baskets - like this
Halloween Costume for my small dog (can take measurements)
Pattern Weights
Weekender Bag
Cloth Feminine Napkins. I could use some long ones (overnighters).
Simple white muslin dishcloths (for me to embroider)

Other:
Stenciled shirt (Large, please no crew neck) - there are some ideas on my pinterest. Really anything "cute" would work. Here is one I like.
Crochet (or knitted or sewn) Spongebob
Spoon Rest
Dryer Balls
A smallish painting (wall space is very limited) - Here is one idea
Tin for dog food like this

Supplies
Self Patterning/Stripping yarn - in sport, DK or worsted weight. Need at least 7 ounces for each scarf.
Lion brand wool-ease in any colors (worsted is my favorite, but any wool-ease would be great)
Candy Molds (for smaller pieces, any shapes)
button/badge maker
solid black safety eyes in any size
stamp carving material
Nylon Omega Thread - any size, any color
Wooly Nylon Thread - any color
Mini angel food pan - like our closest Jo-anns doesn't have them
Lip balm colorant
Mini pie cookbook
Cotton Sock yarn - blends are good too

Extras:
Fruit Leather
Gummy Bears
doggy treats

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012 03:36:04 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012 03:23:10 AM »

Hi October babies. Smiley

My name is Wondra and this Halloween I will be THIRTY. *gasp*

I'm American but I live in a tiny village in Wales, UK. I work in a call centre for a bank (so you know I get a lot of hate) but I'm studying to get my BA in Enlish Language and Lit. Reading and writing are my life.

Here in Wales our choices for craft supplies are pretty limited. Sad We have one local craft store and they are EXPENSIVE so... I too have troubled getting craft supplies that are really common in other places. Sad

I live in a house without any kind of heating and the wind just howls through the valleys in the winter so anything like a hat, socks, gloves, or a scarf would be so, so, so welcome.

If you'd rather ignore my list and just craft a surprise based on one of my favourite themes, have at it. Smiley Themes: cows, witches, vampires, autumn, Halloween, geekery, music, skulls, video games, photography, bats, gnomes, football, rum, pinterest, twitter, zombies, stags, swear words and general naughtiness.

And if you'd rather craft for one ofmy pets instead, that's great too! I have a miniature smooth haired dauschund named Dylan (full name: Dylan Tiberius Lovetoy), a (12-year-old) mutt called Sweep, a (14-year-old) cat named Sweatpea, a cat named Willow, three beareded dragons (Elvis, Frankie, and Rocky), and two chinchillas called Eddie and Maggie. My doxie is my baby. Anything doxie themed is a win - as well as anything for him to wear. (It gets cold for him too in the winter!) A repurposed, knit, crochet, or sewn sweater for him would be a lifesaver. (He doesn't like anything that goes on his head, though!) Or even a mini doxie sized blanket since he likes to burrow under them!

Lastly, I suffer from Depression, migraines, and arthritis. If you want to craft a "comfort" surprise for any of these, that's welcome too. (Something that says "F**k Depression would make me LOL.)

Colours: I like gem tones, reds and purples and oranges especially. Black with anything is a win. Nothing white or light coloured!

Stuff I like and/or need:
Tree art. (Just something like 5x7 or 8x10 or somewhere between, nothing big.) Ideas here: http://pinterest.com/witchybelle4u2/bud-blossom-leaf-and-tree/
Any hoopla art. Ideas here: http://pinterest.com/witchybelle4u2/hooray-hoopla/
A pair of pillow cases. (Seriously... Who has enough pillow cases?)
Rude "business" cards. Like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/106215321/you-suck-at-parking-novelty-business
Cloth pads. Like these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/105820143/set-of-2-medium-flow-pads-skulls-n-polka or these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/66112567/mamacloth-starter-pack-with-free-mini
A pair of slippers. Something like this: http://www.sewnews.com/articles/Cozy_Toes
A potholder/potholders. Like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/98873136/bright-owls-set-of-two-quilted or this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/75991220/double-oven-mitt-reversible-potholders
A dream catcher. It doesn't matter how small or big or colour or whatever.
ATCs or an altered... Whatever. (Something to hold my ATCs would be even better.)
A shawl pin. Something like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62708754/tutorial-for-wire-wrapped-heart-fibula
A loo roll holder. Like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/102249236/spare-toilet-paper-roll-holder or this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/105064863/toilet-paper-spare-roll-holder
Something a little dark and strange. Ideas here: http://pinterest.com/witchybelle4u2/a-little-dark-and-strange/
A reuseable bowl cover. Like this: http://goddesshobbies.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/ecolovies-how-to-make-no-plastic-wrap.html

Supplies:
Yarn Bee brand yarn. (I love it but they don't sell it here.)
Peaches & Creme yarn. (100% cotton yarn is so hard to find here!)
Wool or needles for needle felting.
Wooden clothespins.
Any pewter charms. (Just whatever's on sale, honestly!)
Hemp. (Any size, any colour.)
A jar of leftovers. (Seriously... Whatever bits of ribbons, buttons, trim, etc. that you've got laying around.)
Buttons. Any size, shape, colour, etc. It's my goal to have an enormous jar of buttons that makes my (future) children roll their eyes when I say, "Go find me a button that looks like this..." Smiley
Wooden bangles.
A box full of poms and tassles. (Handmade is better!) I always want them but don't have the patience to make them myself.

Extras:
Postcards. (new, vintage, sent, unsent, whatever - I collect them.)
Kool-Aide (Not sold here.)
Sausage gravy mix. (My husband is addicted to it and they don't sell it here.)
Cheap dog treats or a dog toy. (If it squeaks, Dylan loves it.)
An old, second hand paperback. (The chinchillas love to nibble on them.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
camelama
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012 05:10:08 PM »

Camelama
Seattle, Washington

Short Bio: Hello hello! I am a geeky gal who loves to craft, primarily sewing but also embroidery, knitting, woodworking, and electronics. I work for the local university, managing a pharmacy learning center. Its grand work I love my job!  And I love life its NEVER boring, theres always something to do! I live in a little fishermans cottage on the bluffs above Puget Sound.  I love my little old Nordic neighborhood (settled mainly by Nordic people working in the fishing, lumber and shingle industries). My cat Phoebe is a 16 year old that I adopted at a few years ago from a friend, as her living situation had grown bad. She is the loviest, sweetest, most adorable floofy kitty ever. Music, reading and crafting are huge in my life.

No allergies but no smokers please if possible. Wink I do have a long-haired cat, so anything I make *will* have a cat hair on it, no matter how long I de-hair it!

Etsy faves: http://www.etsy.com/people/camelama/favorites?ref=si_fav
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/camelama/
Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/people/camelama
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/camelama/

Crafted items:
   SURPRISE ME!  Shocked  Go totally off-canon, or riff off of something on my faves/pins/etc, have fun!
   Re-usable Shopping bags (Seattle now has a plastic bag ban so all shopping is done with our own bags! Great to have a lot so you can rotate out and make sure you always have some in the car while others are being washed)
   Other bags of any kind: zip, drawstring, fold-over, clutch, etc.
   Reusable lunch bag set. I eat lunch at my desk, away from any kitchens etc, so a placemat & lunch bag are a must! I keep meaning to make myself more than one so its not always a rush to get it washed every single evening (cuz I eat messy sometimes!). Bigger is better than smaller, bag-wise, as I bring a lot of re-heat stuff and those containers a bulky!
   Knitting project bags. I always have 4 or 5 WIPs at one time so appreciate project bags!
   Knitting needle case/wrap/bag. Straight and/or circular and/or dpns.
   Thread-catcher to hang off of my sewing table.
   Mug rugs
   Case for my Kindle Fire
   Fabric/felt/metal/wood bowls, boxes, containers etc. 
   Pillow covers blues, greens, bright colors, all sorts of examples in my Etsy faves.  Can send exact couch pillow measurements. Or you could even do a whole new pillow if you want to make something a different size, but Id be happy to supply the innards myself. Cheaper for you to mail then! Wink
   Fabric-covered buttons
   Handmade buttons
   Teapot cozy
   Coffee cup sleeves I get tea, not coffee, and the water from espresso carts here is always SO HOT I burn my hands! (precious delicate princess-and-the-pea hands, my friends tease)  So some good thick sleeves would be great. The coffee cart is just down the hall at work so its easy for me to grab a sleeve and go get a hot water refill!
   Tea towels! I love all kinds of kitchen towels but especially tea towels / dish towels, either with embroidery or cute fabric trim. My kitchen is cream and green but really any color combination works, my whole house is a mishmash of colors!
   Cat beds. Phoebe Cat loves to curl up in a ball and sleep in so many different spots in the house, would love some very basic little round cat beds to put in her favorite spots.
   Cat toys. Phoebe loves ribbons ropes and other dangly things, plus lurvs catnip and things she can rabbit-kick while on the nip high. Wink Or catnip mice to carry around. (I have GOBS of organic catnip, so feel free to leave it for me to put in the catnip and close it up!)
   Pin cushions. I like pincushions that have low center of gravity, no glass/porcelain etc can you tell my cat LOVES pin cushions and pushing them off my sewing table?! LOL  Also like them rather thick, and without hard items on the top surface a lot of time I return pins and needles to the pin cushion without looking, so I dont want buttons in the way Ive broken too many needles that way already! Heh. Examples in my Etsy faves.
   Needlecase/needlebooks: I love these, love having one set up for each embroidery project in progress! No trouble finding just the right needle then!
   Fingerless gloves/mitts. My little cottage by the water gets COLD in the winter! Wink These help me knit or type in the winter.
   Prints: I love little prints or paintings. Nothing big, nothing fancy lots of ACEO examples in my Etsy faves.
   Fridge magnets.
   Scarves!!!!!!  I love scarves. I wear a long black coat in the winter and I like to brighten it up with colorful scarves. Not TOO colorful tho for example, screaming neon yellow not so much. Heh. Bright yellow, yes.
   Brooches I wear these on my long black coat, or on the sweater I wear at work (my office is known as The Tundra, its so cold in here year round! I love it though!).
   Earrings I love bird earrings, colorful earrings, whimsical, dangly (but not TOO long, they get caught in my scarves in the winter, hehe!), silver.
   Bookmarks paper, metal, fabric, knit/crochet, embroidered, you name it! I have about 20 books being read at once so need a LOT of bookmarks! Wink
   Good mugs for tea or a teabag dish

Craft supplies:
   Fabric any kind! Fat quarters, scraps, remnants, etc always find a use in my house. Content of fabric doesnt matter from cotton to slinky luxe stuff to suede, Ill find a use for it!
   Sewing thread
   FELT! I love felt with any amount of wool in it.
   Yarn any kind!
   Embroidery needles, embroidery thread, embroidery hoops etc
   Pins of any kind
   Buttons buttons buttons! I love opening up my button tin and seeing all the colors and picking out new favorites.  Cheesy
   Ribbons, trims, etc

Extras:
   Tea (loose or bagged)
   Any local-to-you candy that you like! Or you can't go wrong with anything mainstream chocolate or mint!
   Local postcards

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
melindasaysrawr

I'll go where the wind takes me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012 11:17:43 PM »

My name is Melinda, and I turn 21 the 15th of this month! I live in a middle of nowhere town in north Georgia, where everyone knows everyone else (and their business), but I like it here. I live with my mom (who is disabled) and some of her family members (who are... old. lol), but I have my own little "apartment" in the back yard. Our house burnt last year, and the only peice that didn't get damaged was a room my dad built on, that we turned into a small apartment. It is a large open room, and has a closet, and what will soon be a bathroom. We call it the shack, and it's perfect for me. My parents recently got a divorce, but they're friendly, so it hasn't been too bad. I do most of the bill paying, etc now, which I actually enjoy most of the time. I have a three furbabies, Ollie (a long hair chihuaua, who lives with my dad), Nick (a miniture pomeranian) and Bella (another long hair chihuaha who I'm pretty sure has yorkie in her.) I have a wonderful boyfriend, Justin, who is my most favorite ginger<3 I love him even if he is a Tennesee fan, haha. Thanks so much for whoever chooses me!

Things that make me happy: turtles, lime green, zebra stripes, cheetah/leopard spots, bob marley, candles, owls, peter pan and tinkerbell, turtles, Georgia bulldogs, photography, reading, harry potter, sushi, cooking, jewelry making, backstreet boys, four leaf clovers, most anything irish, peace signs, cameos, hoodies, tye-dye, tattoos, feathers, backstreet boys
Books: Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Nora Robert's books
Movies: Peter Pan, Dirty Dancing, the Secret Garden, Annie, Pirates of the Carribbean, Alice in Wonderland
TV Shows: Greys Anatomy (but I'm only on season 6! be careful of spoilers lol), Vampire Diaries, Criminal Minds

Tumblr: http://melindasaysrawr.tumblr.com/
Etsy Favorites: http://www.etsy.com/people/melindasaysrawr/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/neyney1991

Crafted Items: (parenthesis = super cute examples)
-Hoodies (Size XL)
-Shirts (Size L, XL if made to be slouchy)
-Pajama Pants (Size 16, I wear a 14, but like them long and loose)
-Shoes (Size 7 1/2 )
-Lotions, Soaps , Body Wash, Lip Balm, or any bathroom products in general.
- tree of life necklace thanks witchybelle4u2!!!
- Any jewelry! examples/inspiration can be found on my wist.
- bracelet( http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354936412/)
- Georgia bangle: (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354988045/)
- Honeydukes Sweetshop T-shirt : (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354677543/)
- Quidditch Hoodie: (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354677546/)
- Boot Socks: (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354352782/)
- "99 Problems" and "Ain't one" shirts: (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354179399/)
- Chubby Girls Cuddle Better shirt: (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354184088/)
- Charm Bracelet
- Feather Earrings
- Headbands or Hair Accesories
- Vick's Vapor Shower Disks (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354982262/)
- Chapstick Coozie: (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354987353/)
- Tumbler Cup: (Red Solo Cup: http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354988069/ (; )(http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354988018/)
- steering wheel cover (I drive a 1994 Toyota Corrola)
- a bag large enough to hold a dslr camera and a zoom lens
- Camera Strap with a Lens Cap holder- http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354171162/
- Decorated headphones- http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354173101/
- Jack Daniels Whiskey Bottle Lamp- http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354298964/
- Decorated pillow cases
- Shot Glasses: (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354985131/)
- Dream Catcher (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354641353/) thanks camelama!!
- 21st Birthday in a Box! I have no clue what would go in it, but it could be fun to do!
- Begginer craft kits for: Crochet, Quiltting, Embroidery, Polymer clay, Resin, Card Making

Bella and Nick
- Dog Collar
- Dog Bed
- Treat jar (http://pinterest.com/pin/146437425354988054/)
- Treats

Supplies
- Scrapbook Paper
- Ring Blanks
- embroidery floss
- Charms, findings, any random bits!
- Beads, beads, and more beads!
- Any jewelry making supplies.
- Hemp
- Mod Podge
- Wooden Letters
- Feathers

Extras
-Post Cards (can be crafted, or bought. used to collect these too, but lost most of them in the fire.)
- Candy and baked goods (bought, crafted, what have you. I'm a sucker for sweets!)
- Anything that your town is known for
- Pressed Pennies
- Surprise me! (:
- books!

The links I used are mostly for inspiration. Feel free to make something off of my pinterest that I don't have listed here. There's plenty of things in my wishlist boards, dream closet, and jewelry that I would LOVE to have that I didn't list specifically here.

NO ALLERGIES. Clean, used items are a-okay by me! Thank you!(:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012 12:43:46 PM by melindasaysrawr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/neyney1991/

"To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
ChevelleZombie
The dark Martha Stewart! :P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012 09:34:31 PM »

My Name is Sheila,! Cheesy

I'M OFFICIALLY ENGAGED! (AS OF OCT. 14TH, 2012!)-so anything with our names (Antonio & Sheila) or wedding/marriage/relationship cutesy would be awesome!) or even our "theme" would be cool! (it's french country modern chic with a little vintage-also the "saying" will be Love, Laughter & Happily ever after Smiley i'm so excited!)

I currently work as a babysitter/full time auntie of a 4 yr old and 5 month old here in Roswell, NM..I am obsessed with vintage items (mainly from 20s-70s esp kitchen ware, photographs, cameras and parts (working or not) )survival gear, paris, THE FLEUR DE LYS SYMBOL!!, damask design, French culture, spanish culture (as I am Mexican and Spanish), sugar skulls, Nightmare before Christmas, Dexter, Big Bang Theory, Martha Stewart, cooking shows, sock monkeys, regular cute monkeys and especially skulls in general!Halloween  is my fav time of yearI like making jewelry out of epoxy resin, sprinkles, small trinkets to put in the resin. I am an artist by trade thats how I make extra cash, I do photography, drawing with pencil and charcoal, as well as design work on PhotoshopMy favorite colors are blue, black, silver and any shade of pink esp. neon pink!  I like learning new crafts and exploring my abilities.
I like homemade things and thrifty itemsI like the idea of reusing and recycled items, Im trying to get more into it
WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE Cheesy!
I would like to receive anything I really like surprises, especially if you made it yourself (since this is a crafting website) I mainly love the thought and attention that someone has put into it!
I dont know how wists work but I do have an etsy with some saved items if you would like to know a little bit more about me:
http://www.etsy.com/people/ChevelleZombie/favorites?ref=pr_faveitems_more
CRAFTED ITEMS:
-FLUER DE LYS symbol (paintings, drawings, digital art, stamps)
-Slouchy hat in black please!(love the way they look and havent had any luck crocheting one sadly  )-gloves, mittens-shirts ( new or used is fine with me!--size 4x or 5x I like them extra baggy to use for sleeping or pjs )
-lotions, lip balms, perfumes
-candy, treats, sugar!!! Lol (Im not allergic to nuts or anything and I love sweets!)
-Sock monkey, regular cute monkey
-anything nightmare before Christmas
-cute name stuff for my bf and I (his name is Tony and I go by Sheila or Smo)
-change purse
-headbands
-scarves (infinity, extra long, thick)
-necklace, bracelets
-Photography
-wall art

CRAFT SUPPLIES:
-little items to put in resin molds
-epoxy resin molds (plastic or rubber)
-rubber stamps
-Glitter
-epoxy resin kit
-Duct tape of any kind
-white or black tub calking sealant
-crayons, charcoal, chalk, mechanical pencils
-old broken watches to use for parts
-cardstock
-yarn
-paper cutter

EXTRAS:
-Candy (any, except dark chocolate)and baked goods
-recipes
-crafting magazines or any other magazines with interesting articles (Martha Stewart, womans day, cosmoetc)
-I would love to receive something from where you come from (post cards, pictures, trinkets, coins)
-Picture of who is sending the gift (so I can put in my memory box I am making)
-SURPRISE ME! ( I LOVE SUPRISES! IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANYTHING I MIGHT LIKE I WOULD LOVE TO RECEIVE IT!)

ALLERGIES:
**CAT HAIR/DANDER & SPINACH Tongue**
 Grin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012 08:25:58 AM by ChevelleZombie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnny_heck

"Behind every successful woman is herself."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012 04:06:28 PM »

Hello everybody,
My name is Jenny, and I turned 22 on October 4th.  I am a senior at the University of Minnesota about to finish my bachelors of science in Horticulture.  Being a student I dont get a lot of time for crafting, but Im indulging this month Wink In my spare time you can find me cooking up large and fancy meals from scratch, taking care of my numerous houseplants, vegetable gardening, reading, baking, biking, playing tennis and badminton, dancing, writing letters and of course crafting!  My favorite crafts are needlepoint, crochet, and sewing.

Styles and things I like: floral, vintage, science (plant biology, chemistry), gender equality activism (womens health, gay rights, trans, drag), dogs, Harry Potter, wine, regional things (Minnesota, Chicago, USA, Quebec), high fashion
Things I dont like: punk, too girly, scrapbook stuff

To get a sense of my style see:
Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/jnnyheck/
Etsy Favorites: http://www.etsy.com/people/jellybeantabloid/favorites?ref=si_fav

Crafts

Hanging plant holder for 6 and 8 pots ie. Macram or other mediums, too!
Christmas Cards (non-religious)
Place Mats
Cloth Napkins
Tablecloth
Hot Pads/oven mit (All three of mine currently have at least one spot that has been torn, set on fire, or badly stained Tongue )
Hoopla wall art
Personalized Hogwarts admission letter framed Smiley
Christmas garland
Hand knit socks womens size 8-9

Supplies

Black Embroidery Floss!!
Embroidery hoops any size
Fabric for 1 to 2 yard projects
Matching Bias tape
Fabric for embroidery projects 1 x 1 ish
Cross stitch fabric, any size
Set of colored sewing thread (I just have white, black, blue, and red)
Basic items I could craft/embroider (PM for sizes)
   Aprons, TShirts, Sweatshirts, Tea Towels, Napkins, etc.
Yarn, any kind
Crochet Patterns (Intermediate and Advanced)
Embroidery and Cross Stitch Patterns (I like Jenny Hart, Penguin&Fish, Feeling Stitchy blog for ideas)
Sequins or little beads to add to embroidery

Extras
Magazines (anything that looks interesting!)
Jump Rope (Im 55)
Tea
Cocoa
Paper cupcake liners

Allergies: cheap metal/nickel

Thanks in advanced!!!!!!! Happy Birthday, all!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012 08:16:46 AM by jnny_heck » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012 05:49:31 PM »

Hi Birthday Buddies! My name is Laura, and I turned 32 yesterday, October 8. I was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska, but have been living in SE Ohio since 2000. I have been married to my high school sweetheart since 2003, and we have a beautiful 6 1/2 year old girl, and handsome 5 year old boy!  I love to be green and I am thoroughly obsessed with the tv show Big Bang Theory. I have recently learned to crochet and have become addicted!  I also like to sew, and have started getting into embroidery.  I ask for my gifts to come from a NON-SMOKING home .  Thanks in advance!  I'm really excited to be part of this swap!

My Pinterest  Especially from my "I'd like this made for  me" board

My favorite themes are: Big Bang Theory, Alaska (Anchorage/Alaska Rocks (etc), Mountains), Girl Scouts (I've just become a leader in my daughter's Daisy troop), things about being crafty, Criminal Minds, things about my high school alma matter (Dimond High School, colors maroon and gold, mascot Lynx--I've pinned that on my AK board)--I didn't save any of that stuff, and being far from home, I miss it.  Soccer mom stuff

Fav colors: brown, green, purple, teal, silver

Things I'd really like---especially in my preferred themes

Crafts:

--Carrying case for my crochet hooks idea here
--Pincushion thread catcher for my sewing machine
--needlebook
--Tote/Craft bags
--Messenger bag
--Reusable grocery bags
--Reusable napkins
--Anything Big Bang Theory
--Howard Wollowitz's astronaut name tag (the one with with name in English then Russian) as a patch on a ball cap
--Anything Alaska related, esp this
--Big Bang Theory stitch markers use this for inspiration
--Big Bang Theory gang Christmas ornaments
--Pillow covers (at least 16", I will  get the forms!)
--Crocheted shawl
--Hoopla (4-5" please, unless you use the Big Bang Theory or Alaska theme, then larger is great!)  Thanks jnny_heck for a Big Bang Hoop
--Big Bang Theory Charm bracelet
--4x6 Art you think I'd like
--Soccer Mom stuff
--decorated journal with pockets/spaces for pictures for me to journal my swaps
--surprise based off my pinterest

Supplies:
--Yarn--I don't have ANY handspun, to that would be incredibly special and awesome
--Books with amigurimi patterns
--Books with crochet patterns
--Books with cool sewing projects (easy purses, etc)
--surprise

Extras:
--Please no candy
--Beef jerky, teryaki flavored
--postcard from your area--that would be great as your note!
--small hand lotion

Thank you so much for looking and considering! This is a good start--I'll add more as I think of it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012 01:36:38 PM by johnson.mom2two » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frugal Living Swap Rd 6: Sent!
Foxy Sam
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012 12:34:12 AM »

Hi All, I am Sam, Sam I am...Happy Birthday to the other October babies...I am turning 30 this year...in fact in one more week...ooo crikey...so anything that will cheer me up or distract me from getting older (hehehe... know its not that bad...just one of those stages) that would be wonderful.  I am a kindergarten teacher and live in Wellington, New Zealand with my lovely fianc, as well as a fluffy and completely mad puppy, plus awesome angry mobster style Garfield cat and Pinky our Axolotl too (used to have Pinky and the Brain but unfortunately Brain died a few years ago so just Pinky left).  Anyway I am rambling...

I love cute things.  Cute monsters are awesome!  Animals I love!  Especially Polar bears, moose, foxes, badgers, owls, but love them all...  I am also a huge fan of Harry Potter (the books) and of Hagrid, Dobby and Dumbledore.  I love useful things best of all, but love anything that has had lots of effort into making it.  I love crocheting and sewing and scrapbooking and rubber stamping.  I love nature and trees, especially fond of Oak trees too.

My Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
(especially off any of the boards that have "............that I would like")  

My WIST:
http://www.wists.com/FoxySam

For colours I love blues, greens, natural colours, black, silver, purpledont like orange in huge amounts but dont mind it in small doses for effects or images that need it, not a big fan of pink but still like it a little, more pale that florescent, dont like florescent too brightUmmnot sure what else to sayI love chatting though so if you want to know more or anything please feel more than free to send me a message

Things I would love to receive:

A lovely surprise off my pinterest or wist list would be awesome

Sewnappliqu:
  Re-useable sandwich bags
  messenger bag
  Hoodie (especially one like these fairy/elf type) http://www.wists.com/FoxySam/d1510891b542267c9e3ac5ced61029ec?offset=20
  Craft caddies, pockets, kit bags
  Apron would be cool with a matching oven glove too if possible or just the apronask for more details with this oneas thinking of one for work
  Coffee cadeeor even cooler would be a drink bottle one as I use one at work and it looks the same as everyone elses so this would be very helpfulI love this monster one but preferably without the pink backgroundblue or green perhapsI can give you exact measurements of the bottle to help http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386522.160

Knit or Crochet:
  Scarf would be awesome Thank you Witchybelle4u2!
  Wrist warmers (Id love some longish ones) would be neat
  Hat
  Cool creatures

Jewellery:
  Jewellery off my wist
  Loaded charm bracelet
  Necklaces

Stencilled/decorated items:
  Decorated/stencilled t-shirts, hoodies or clothing to wear to kindy, so with neat/child friendly designscute monsters, animals, talk to me as I have more ideas

Kits:
  Rubber stamp carving
  Embroidery/cross stitch
  Stencilling
  Shrinky Dinks
  Polymer/model making
  Yarn bombingjust starting to look into thishmmm
    Patterns/books for crochet...or sewing...

Themes I like (just a few to give some ideas):
  Harry Potter
  Faeries/Elves/Gnomes
  Dragons
  Mystical Creaturesdragons, yeti/big foot
  Cute monsters like Sulley out of Monsters Incthe big fluffy blue one
  Animalspolar bears, badgers, squirrels, foxes, bats,
  Pixar Moviesand Disney ones too
  Cute
  Useful, wearable but also decorative tooanything for work would be good (I am a kindergarten teacher, so almost anything goes).

Craft Supplies:
  Shrinky Dinky stuff
     Glass tiles for making jewelry plus any other bits to help this process
  Crochet patterns/books/mags
  Sewing patterns
  Scrapbook supplies, embellishments, papers, tools, ribbons
  Crochet hooks
  Safety eyes, especially cats eyes type ones (they are really hard to get here so are always appreciated)
  Rubber/clear stamps
  Penny Black Stamps like the cats and hedgehogs I love the Halloween ones tooso cutehttp://www.pennyblackinc.com/display_item.php?PID=6719&CAT=Rstransparentsets
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8055&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8054&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8056&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a
http://www.hasrub.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=2_378_435&products_id=8045&osCsid=516169a47481a24a6ad75e7d369d5d3a

Different coloured inks for stamps
  Punches (not literal onesjust crafty oneslol)
  Pretty buttons/beads/embellishments
  Jewellery stuff

Extras
  Anything that links with the theme list
  Chocolates/lollies
  Something from your locality
  Stickers
  SocksI love interesting socksthe more bizarre the betterI love wearing them to kindergarten, the children seem to love my mad socks too
  Anything you think I would like

Thank you in advance for choosing me...so exciting...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012 09:49:50 PM by Foxy Sam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 8/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 16/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 3/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 5/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 15/16
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...