A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~~Holiday are coming~~Ongoing Wish Swap Round 87 OPEN  (Read 1627 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 30, 2012 02:40:40 PM »

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE ASKING TO JOIN OUR SWAP

When you PM the orgs you MUST have the name of the swap and when you ship and receive  the claim name and date!!!
this is NOT an option a rule!
I.E.  Sally ----> Suzy for a pink pony saddle due out Jan 1[/color]This must be in ALL of your messages to the org!!

for this swap a MED By SIZE it is 2 OR more craft hours ( this is not cooking time, drying time, etc.. waiting around for something to set up.......it is craft time for the average crafter)

You must have 15 crafted items AND 15 supply items  (more the better chance of getting claimed quick)
Please bookmark all three threads, PM your partner ASAP to get the addy I don't want any messages I don't have and it is the deadline do you have it messages you have 2 weeks to have out the door and in that time can get the message to them and communicate![/b]

1.   Please make your wish list made and saved in your computer BEFORE you make any claims ( min of 15 med craft items and 15 supply items)
2.   You must pm partner as soon as you claim to say hello and get addy there are too many that have not been doing so and waiting until send outs and becoming later for not doing this from now on this will be noted in feedback!
3.   Bookmark all threads and communicate in them ( this is important!!
4.   FOC we have a special thread for us to talk about whatever we want to and feel the need to share with each other. Great fun there so think of being a FOC and join us!
5.   If you stall the thread more then 8 hours you must add more items!
6.   PM BOTH org and co org when you send and receive with the claim and the send by date in the message!
7.   Post pics within 5 days of receiving OR have the sender do so ( this will be noted in feedback if you do not!)
8.   From the time you claim you have 14 days to have out the door. If your 14th day is a holiday or on a day your postal service is not open you must send the day before that!
9.This is a high quality swap! Please check for loose threads, excess glue, make sure this is your BEST work we don't need anymore PM's about quality and would have to have to PM that there is an issue. You must send what you claim for ( we understand things happen like machines break etc..then you must still send on time and something else from the list that your partner wants!! If you claim for a wool hat done send cotton
10. read careful partners wish list and allergies, likes, dislikes etc this is very important

Organizers:  BABALINA58
*IMPORTANT PM INFO*
When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 87 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

Qualifications to Join:
For you to join this round you must be cleared feedback in all Ongoing Wish list Swaps through Round 84
(except for international delivery).  You also cannot claim in this swap if you are currently late in Round 85
Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

Swap Info:
Swap name: Ongoing Wish list Swap 86
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Org BABALINA58
Sign-up date range: Sept 31 - OCT 28
Date to send item by: 14 days from the time you claim ( this starts on the time you claim NOT the next day!) If your send by date is a holiday or a day your postal service is not open you must send before!!
Limited to a certain number of people?: No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
You must be over 16 years of age.  If you are under 18 (but over 16) be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (youll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

Organizer Notes and Stuff

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants
- Is at least 18 years old

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month
- Has posted at least 15 times
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
- Does not have any negative feedback
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

***PLEASE! Do not claim someone while waiting for approval!*** You may claim as soon as you get approval confirmation again, not before you receive a PM from me saying your approved!!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizers.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 87
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
( If not then you will not be approved )
A medium item is the following-
A craft or recon etc that takes the adv. crafter more then two hours to complete.
Or
20-30USD worth of Store Bought Items ( If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new check the net for prices) !YOU MUST Check with partner if wanting to send used items to make sure they are OK with them...Do not send old thread etc as it is useless to most! are you willing to do this?
This is a HIGH QUALITY swap and you understand this will be your best work and it is very important to talk to your partner to make sure you have their wishes and your best crafting in mind ?
Are you willing to post a photo of the item/s you receive or have the person who sent to you post of the photo for you with 5 days of receiving Or ask partner if they will?
Are you willing to take a photo of the item you are shipping in the event the person cant post photos?
DO you have a working camera? If not please do not join this swap as Pics are required!
Your List must be created in the following format:
Crafts ( min of 15 med)
Craft Supplies ( min of 15)
Extras as many as you would like
Do you agree to follow this?
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?
If you are willing to ship outside your country? (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks.DO NOT SEND SLOW MAIL overseas) Are you willing?
Are  you willing to Bookmark all threads, PM orgs when you send and receive with the claim and date due out in it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMPORTANT: Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.[/color]http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0 this is a great tip for being a great swapper and the link to all swap rules are there too Smiley
Please bookmark this thread  post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything also, please bookmark the discussion and the gallery threads!

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

~~Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 86

~~Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

~~Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions. I.E. 4/1/1 = 4 claims-1 in transit-1 received by partner

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF FIFTEEN MED PER SECTION i.e. CRAFTS and SUPPLIES.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.

(Please have your list ready before making a claim, this swap moves very quickly!If not I will skip you and or remove your claim!!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.  

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address with in 24 hours!! It is up to you to make sure you do this DO NOT PM THE ORGS FOR THIS INFO! You must get and keep safe until you ship!

Friends of Craftster are allowed UP TO 3 wishes at one time as per the orgs discretion, others are allowed 2 wishes again as per the org dis..  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish at a time until your crafts are received for this month.  HOWEVER the orgs reserve the right to tell you that you may only claim one or two items at a time if you have had issues in the past with shipping late or poor communication etc!!

Do not choose over your given limit. If a  stall in the thread the orgs can claim again to get this moving again !

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

~~You must send Del. Comf with in the USA. NO exceptions within the USA!
~~If sending overseas as it takes so long we are changing the rule for INTERNATIONAL packages ONLY as soon as you ship AND SEND A PHOTO COPY /PIC of the shipping receipt ( or the tracking number from the receipt) you can claim again ONLY AFTER I HAVE THIS RECEIPT HOWEVER!!! You can send it to me in a message OR if cant get in that way you can EMAIL IT TO : CPYSGIRL@YAHOO.COM

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS (14 days from the time you claim)TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.This starts from the time you claim not the next day must be out the door BY the 14th day!
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU CLAIMED FOR YOU WILL BE GETTING TEMP NEGATIVE FEEDBACK until you do send the proper package
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium and that is what you claimed for we know things happen and some have to be changed but must be OK by the person claimed and on their list or wished in their Pinterest/wist )

Feedback will be given as soon as you have sent - received -posted pics but will be up to 2 weeks after the swap closed if you do not post pics and this will be noted and you might not get allowed back in the next round if you cant do this! Please take pics before you ship! This is a rule not an option!!!

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous rounds:

Photos are a requirement for this swap!

You must have your wish list saved in your computer before you make any claims as to not stall the thread Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~Bookmark the wish, discussion and gallery thread ~~~~~~~~~

Discussion Threads: PLEASE BOOKMARK!!

ROUND 80-82
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=404618.0
ROUND 83-85
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409428.0
ROUND 86-89
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413481.0

OFF TOPIC discussion thread for all that is not craft related but we share as we are so close Smiley put it all here!! You must be a FOC to join us in this fun
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=387796.0

Round Seventy-Eight Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=400978.0
Round Seventy-Nine Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=402977.0
Round Eighty Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=404619.0
Round Eighty One Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406305.0
Round Eighty Two Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=408361.0
Round Eighty Three Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=409429.0
Round Eighty Four Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=411669.0
Round Eighty Five Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=412746.0
Round Eighty Six Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413482.0
Round Eighty Seven Gallery

Remember, all must PM both orgs when you send and receive, we do not need to know you claimed or you posted pics in the gallery WE WILL SEE IT WHEN WE UPDATE! It just bogs down our in boxes, You will be told when you join how many swaps you may claim depends on your history, If you have issues PM orgs ASAP, Make sure to send a HIGH QUALITY SWAP as that is a big rule here and send what you claim for. Send a min of 20-30usd in supplies and or a craft that takes a min of 2 hours w/o all the dry,setting up, cooking time etc... HAVE FUN!!! Most important be kind, generous as this is a wonderful swap and we want everyone to feel loved here and happy with your crafts and be as addicted as the rest of us are Smiley
Any questions or concerns please pm org asap Smiley
Happy swapping!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012 11:55:52 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
babalina58

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012 02:41:26 PM »

Important Info
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012 02:41:46 PM »

swappers
babalina58
Averia
ifallthraindrops
frosty772
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012 08:41:54 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012 02:42:03 PM »

Claims:
                           DUE OUT OCT 31 HALLOWEEN
ifallthraindrops --->frosty for something I will determine tomorrow because it's bed time. Probably yarn and something else.

NOV 9
goddessgarb--->ifallthraindrops for wall art and embroidery floss.  No metallic, sorry, but lots of colors of cotton

NOV 10
ifallthraindrops--->goddessgarb for something knitty. Whoo!
Averia--->ifallthraindrops for a pendant
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012 08:26:33 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012 02:42:31 PM »

First up this round Is: FROSTY772
Hello there !!
Im Tammy.  Im 40 and im married to a great man and mom to three handsome boys in Northern California. I moved here from OH and love it!! We purchased our first home and are thrilled!!  I like to sew, quilt.  I am starting to get into embroidery and can crochet a little bit.  Im very much into girly type stuff and love anything regency -titanic era. I also love 30s-40s things as well.  I am allergic to nickel.

Here are my wishes
Anything off my wist list is great!!

Im looking for unwanted rock concert tshirts!!  80s hairbands a plus!!!  rock hard rock or meta!! !

New items
pair of black leg warmers (for hubby) or/and a red pair for me!!  (one pair at a time is fine!!)

Mediums (more can be found in my list  Grin)
~~Jewelry (chokers, bracelets, earrings but please no nickel posts)
~~Aprons!!  Even though I sew them I would love to see what others come up with!!  I would also like two childrens apron (both are under 12yrs old)  Transformers and Spiderman a plus!! (one claim at a time is fine needless to say  Grin)
~~My MIL is a bingo fanatic!!!  A bingo bag or a nice seat cushion would be great for a gift.
~~New purse
~~Hand warmers Victorian Goth ones would be perfect.
~~Crazy Quilted Purse.  Or any purse made by you!!
~~Regency or Victorian era Reticule  (have received but more are always welcome here!!)
~~Petticoat (cotton or cotton blend please) either knee or ankle length with some fullness to it as I like poufy skirts !! I actually wear these a lot!! (Im 5'5 email for length) (received one from farmgirljane and would love more!!)
~~I would love some soft wool socks!!  Size 7 feet  Or a pair of socks with eyelet lace sewn around the cuffs (remember to stretch the sock a bit or it wont fit  Grin)
~~I have a weird obsession with knitted cuffs!! I love them!!  Chocolate brown, red.
~~ Anything that can help me decorate my Victorian inspired sewing room
~~ Would love a first aid kit that I can keep in my car.  Can be of any medium just as long as its a bit "fun" to look at and have. After all first aid is bad enough!!   Something really creative (thats why i asking.  I cant think of anything lol)

Im also looking for a sign that says "Please no solicitors or religious groups"  I have people of one kind or another knocking at my door constantly and it makes me rather uncomfortable.

Crafted Items~~

KNITTED AND CROCHETED

I love this shawl and I am willing to wait longer if anyone will make it for me. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CivilWarShawlKAL/  Im not picky about color.  Would be just happy to even have one.

SEWN

**Civil War Era Cape called a Mathilde Mantilla (Think of a Civil War era Poncho.  This is basically what it is)  Here is a link to the pattern http://www.uvm.edu/%7Ehag/godey/images/s5902170.jpg  and here is an example of what it looks like http://www.thegracefullady.com/civilwargowns/ready-mades_silkmantle.htm Measurements will be provided.  Wool blend or Corduroy would be great. Hood is decorative and is not functional. It only uses around 3 yards.  I would also prefer it lined for warmth. It would be great if I could retain the pattern as well for future projects.  (I can sew I just cant figure out how to make it <frown>) without a pre-drafted pattern.  OR If someone with any drafting skills wouldnt mind drafting a pattern to my size I could play around with it and make my own (If I have a pattern to work with)

Primitive Raggedy Ann doll (An example is in my wists)

Victorian caplet.  At least waist length please email for length.

Slat bonnet or corded can provide links if needed.  Any pattern should do as they are all basically the same result.

I would love some handkerchiefs. Monogrammed with my initials would be nice too!! (received more is welcomed)

Victorian slippers.  This pattern is from 1864
http://www.victoriana.com/VictorianShoes/victorianslipperpattern.html

Im looking for special kind of apron for my husband.  He cooks the eggs at breakfast time and is a ninjitsu martial artist.  I would love an embroidered apron that has a ninja/martial artist holding a spatula in each hand and says "Egg Master" underneath.  Fabric and colors are open as long as its durable and holds up.

Other Crafts~~~
Bars of handmade soap (the kind that is made from lye).  Lavender, oatmeal, goats milk, citrus are great however any scents are welcome!!  Or soap supplies/kit as I would love to learn how to make my own.  Plain Pre-made soap bars (cold press i think they are called) that are ready to have scents, colors, herbs ect melted and added in are appreciated too as I have young children and am concerned with having lye in the house.  <USA only>    Sad

Room sprays, bubble baths (im looking for some really good foamy bubbles!!).

Bath bombs.  Also jars of bath salts would be fantastic as well. Im good for now!! Thanks!!

Im looking for some scented oils.  I would rather these be handmade or from specialty shops and not from stores like joanns or hobby lobby ect.

Hand crafted candles are great too. Prefer either fruit and or spice scented ones or lavender (only floral scented one I like).  Im also interested in the scented candle chunks that you can melt and scent your house with.  I have received some but always appreciate more!!

Whimsey jar are really fun!!

Im loving the moon jars!! Would love to have one!! (babalina sent me two, hubby wants more lol)

Im looking for a serving tray that I can bring snacks from the kitchen to the living room.  Asian or Victorian influence a real plus.  Ive seen some nice ones made from frames (glass removed)

Im also looking for a picture frame.  about 1.5 inches or more wide/thick on the sides.  What I would like is a thin wooden back fitted to it. I dont need the glass for it.  An old vintage frame would be preferred for this.  Im going to use it as a center piece tray for candles (if you can visualize it will lay flat on the table) I can take a pic of the pic in my book if you would like to see my inspiration.

Shower curtain.  Victorian style please!! Please contact for colors.

My 18 year old loves Jack Skellington from the Nightmare before Christmas so anything with him on (appropriate for a guy) would be fantastic

Handcrafted Jewelry with Victorian influence

Im looking for a table runner for our new table we recently purchased.  Looking for something, of course Victorian style as well.  Measurements can and will be provided.  Want something rich looking but affordable to make!!  Also looking for new fabric dinner napkins (18").

~~Supplies~~

Sewing items~~ Anything related to sewing is welcome!!  Trims, fabric, thread ect.(Gently used too)
Im also interested in any older sewing supplies as well from antiques stores and such (I have a tracing wheel i bought for $4 so they can be affordable).  Patterns (Burda Mag, Modern, Historic and Historic inspired too)!!  I need envelopes with a size 14 & 16 included in the envelope for dresses and tops and a 16 for skirts.  Thanks!!
Vogue~~ .. .2884...2968...1239 ... 8352...8003,,,v1178,,,v1172
Simplicity~~
McCalls~~

Im especially trying to find a Simplicity Jumper Pattern from 1948 pattern is on my wist list (36" bust if possible)

Fabric Mystery Bundle from Fabricmart.com  http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/804051-10-yard-Mystery-Fabric-Bundle-Assortment.html  Or the mystery box they have for sale (received but more are always welcome!!  I love these!!!!  Thanks Averia!!)

New or Unwanted Issues of Threads ( I have all of 2003, 2006-2008 Though I dont have issues 137 or 138, 140  !!!) probably best to check with me on numbers!! and Burda World of Fashion Magazine !! (I have a few ...1/06** 7/03**4/05** 3/08**)  (used is fine) Knipmode, Ottobre, Patrones, La Mode

Magazines (new or used!!)  Gothic Lolita Bible Magazine, Beading and Jewelry making, Knitting and Crochet, Magazines from Somerset Studios.  Here is a link to their site and the magazines they offer http://www.stampington.com/html/main_magazines.html  Im especially looking for Haute Handbags!!!!   As well as cooking mags!!

Purse supplies of all sorts (handles, magnetic snaps, rings ect).  Silver Victorian clasps would be great too (can be found at Hancocks).  I desperately need some magnetic snaps!!

Scrapbooking items  (trims, paper, stickers anything!!).  Im also looking for some things like brads, ribbons, fancy paper, scissors.  Im also looking for corner punchers, rulers for making fancy torn edges and hole punchers (I have a heart one).  Also plain colored or white blank greeting type cards would be wonderful!!

Emphemra

Costume jewelry or broken pieces that can be recycled into new jewelry

I really really need some cub/boy scout related scrapbooking items such as paper, stickers ect!!!!

Also looking for decorated photo albums.  One for the non American candy wrappers that I collect!!

Handcrafted cards by you would be great!!

Im also looking for a decorated (painted/decoupaged/stained ect) box for my scrapbooking paper or larger 12X12.  Would prefer an old vintage look.

Stamps and ink pads

Beading supplies like wire 18 gauge or higher, beads, spacers.  Im also needing jewlery making supplies too.  I would love some Swarovski jewelry supplies!!  Also ANY bead findings from Blue Moon Beads of their Lost and Found and/or Manor House (or any that features Victorian/Edwardian pieces) collection would be wonderful.  Also looking for a roll of tiger tail for beading and jewelry projects!!

Yarn!! I love yarn!! I would prefer not to receive any 100% acrylic.  However wool, cotton, silky whatever!!  All colors are welcome (well except neon bright bright colors).

Im looking for corset making supplies. boning, 13.5" busk, lacing!!

Sublime Embroidery patterns ~~Gothic, Pinup, Craftopia, Sushi Bar, Dress up

Books  (Amazons great for these.  Used welcomed as well
**More Power Sewing  by Sandra Betzina
**Jackets for Real People by palmer and pletsch
**"From the neck up an illustrated guide to hatmaking Denise Dreher
** Fashions of the guilded age  by francis gimble

Cookbooks (and cooking magazines) are welcome!!  New and pre-loved!!

I love Charlie Chaplin, Silent Movies and am HUGE fan of Jimmy Stewart!!  Betty Boop too!!

EXTRAS

Candy from outside the US, Including but not limited to, (NZ~~Minties, Pineapple Lumps and Wittakers) Kit Kats!!  Violet Crumbles!! (Canadian Equivalent is welcomed too though the name escapes me)

My husband collects law enforcement patches.  I would love to get a bunch for him for him.  If you live near a prison, jail or other LE facility perhaps they would let you have one???  He gets his this way by asking and they are usually happy to give him one.  My husband loves Asian things as well as LE related (he is a correctional officer) and anything relating to the park service (Smokey the Bear gets double marks lol!!). He is a fan of Bruce Lee and any DVD (he has VHS) movies or any craft with him inspired would be wonderful!!  Or perhaps a stenciled t-shirt of Bruce Lee.  He would be thrilled to receive something just for him (It also continues him to encourage me to swap.  Ya know totally his idea)

Also I would love to be able to get him a hooded jacket with a nin symbol on it!! Stenciled or embroidered (Will send link to a pic if needed).  Does not need to be a crafted hoodie.  Purchased hoodie is perfectly fine!!

Also im looking for bath tub grippers (the ones that prevent slipping) im looking for the kind that stick directly on the tub using tape/sticker.  I cant find any except for the mats

Lego's for my two boys would be wonderful.  They are obsessed!!

Im also looking for a Yellow Freight cap.  Hubby would love one, and has said so for as long as we have been together.  Not sure why but figured I would look for him!!

Pagan Related
Incense charcoal (these can be found in metaphysical or ethnic shops such as those specializing in incense)
Doves Blood ink (Its not really doves blood!!!  Thats just the name for inks used for writing positive chants!!!  There is Dragons Blood too and there are no dragons running around that I know of   Grin)
Parchment paper

Last but not least total complete surprises are welcome!!  If you are good at something and have something you love making.  Go right ahead.  I will say that my tastes are Victorian so if you can incorporate that even more perfect!!

Here is my pinterest !!
https://pinterest.com/frosty772/
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012 09:29:24 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ifallthraindrops
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012 09:04:54 PM »

I claim frosty for something I will determine tomorrow because it's bed time. Probably yarn and something else.

First claim, yadda yadda

Hi! I am 22, currently working as a nanny and living with my boyfriend of nearly four years. My style is pretty haphazard--I never coordinate anything, so my decorating style is whatever I like, all cobbled together. I love bold prints and art deco and fun colors, but I'm not a fan of pink or orange. I love dark colors, like maroon and navy. I knit like a fiend (almost constantly) and also crochet, sew, spin, and dabble in paper craft and jewelry. No pets and no allergies, but my boyfriend is allergic to all nuts. PM with any questions!

Here are some themes/fandoms that can be used for wall art/hoopla: Stargate Atlantis, SG1. Sherlock (BBC), Star Wars (including Extended Universe; I LOVE Rogue Squadron), Whedonverse, Doctor Who, biology, grammar, knitting, embroidery, Futurama, Questionable Content, Girls with Slingshots, swear words, rick rolling, Portal, science fiction (in general), Mean Girls (I quote this movie ALL THE TIME), LGBT and women's rights, Disney movies, booze, steampunk, Geek and Sundry

** = really want

Crafts:

-  Knitting stitch markers. I love the little polyclay kind, but beads are also sweet.
** HOOPLA.
-   Wall art of almost any kind.
**  A corset-backed garter belt
** a crinoline/petticoat (my hips are like 36ish)
- If you were keen on decorating or making geeky underclothes, that'd be sweet. PM for sizes.
- Ceramic mugs/bowls/dishes. Pottery is one craft I know I'll probably not get the chance to do, so I love looking at other people's.
-   Handspun yarn
-   Shawl pins/brooches.
-   Cloth Napkins (I have a couple and I'd like to have a lot. Cotton or polyester is fine
-  This as a pendant or wall art: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810272596717/
- This gorgeousness: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810272313361/
-  An insertable pocket for totebags: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810272035582/
- A hip pouch like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810271313696/
- Some sort of garter-like thing that can go around my leg that I can put a flask in. Flask optional, obvs.
-  Art like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810271096540/
- Little TARDIS plushie to go with my 5 tenth Doctor
- Drawstring or zippered project bags for knitting
Pretty much anything on or inspired by my pinterest (pinterest.com/brinnanza). I believe I've commented on everything I've gotten or made, so not those things. PM if you're not sure.

Supplies (All supplies packages are fine; I love thrifted)

**  Embroidery hoops
-   Spinning fiber (anything natural, any prep)
-   Large buttons, preferably in sets of at least four.
-   Thread (any color)
-  Tapestry needles. I am ALWAYS losing them.
-   Machine sewing needles (I go through them so quickly) regular, but also leather/denim.
**   Kool-Aid/dye for yarn/roving (especially need black)
**   Awesome fabric--abstract/geometric prints, swirls, Amy Butler-esque, or linen. I love linen. (Linen-look cotton is also great)
-  Aida cloth/linen/cross stitch fabric
-  A jelly roll. I'm thinking about starting quilting but I want to start easy.
-   Resin kit
-  Felt (acrylic or wool, I don't mind either) (all colors, but especially white)
-  Embroidery floss, especially metallic. Also, perle cotton.
-  Corset boning
-  Alligator clips
- Picture frames to fit a 8.5x11 in picture (need three total)

Extras

Knitting/crocheting books (but pm first)
Paper crafting/card making books
EASY (like, hella simple) quilting books/patterns. I'm considering taking it up.
Back issues of Interweave Knits, Knit1, Knit Simple or Vogue Knitting (or any other knit mags; please pm cause I do have some)
I'll never say no to chocolate or candies, especially gummies.
Cinnamon tea (like Bengal Spice or India Spice. Only herbal, I don't like actual tea)
I looooooove table top games
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012 08:18:20 PM »

I claim ifallthraindrops for wall art and embroidery floss.  No metallic, sorry, but lots of colors of cotton!

This is my first claim (I just got in!) so none sent, none rec'd.

Hello!  So yeah, okay, about me.  I'm a 42 yr old sexy fat chick with a female partner and two teenaged kids, one nonverbal autistic, and the other one lives with his dad.  We live in Idaho.  My partner's a poet, writer, and full-time student in Literature and I'm an intuitive business coach and healer.  We like contemporary design with a warm feeling (like Ikea).  I like unique fabric prints with an artsy and/or ethic edge to them.  I love paisley and batik and pretty much any ethnic fabric pattern I've seen, especially in the colors of fuschia, purple, and turquoise with some gold or orange.

I wear gypsy skirts and maxi dresses with sandals or brown leather boots, and jeans with sandals or black leather boots, and silver and gemstone and black leather jewelry.  I'm a mix between black leather rocker and mystic, depending on my mood and whether I'm working.  I love rivets and grommets and eyelets on black leather, but I also love full, long maxi skirts and dresses and flowy scarves and lots of sparkle.  I prefer to wear natural fibers, except for outerwear (coats and capes, gloves, hats, scarves, etc).  I can't wear polyester in regular clothing, but acrylics for outerwear are okay.  My partner's allergic to down, and I can't do any artificial fragrances.

PLEASE get measurements before making anything.  I am not into surprises, and I really like lots of clear communication.  Smiley

I've included my Pinterest boards here to get info on my styles, colors, fabrics, etc.

Jewelry:  http://pinterest.com/goddessgarb/jewelry/

-Bracelets in my size and colors/materials.  I wear a size a bit above the average, which means I can't wear bracelets from stores, and I LOVE bracelets.  They need to be about 7 1/2 inches around.
-I would love a watch in any of those styles, too!
-And fancy stretch rings, again my ring size, like the rest of me (Imagine that!  Can you tell I HATE one size fits all jewelry???) is a little above average, plus I love to wear rings on my thumbs, so size 9 or 10 is best. 
-Earrings.  I like dangly ones, and the wires have to be big.  Sometimes those tiny wires just don't work for my plump lobes!  LOL!  Spirals and hoops, fake diamond-crystals, and silver.  I have long hair, so they have to be kinda big to be noticed.

Crocheted and Knitted:  http://pinterest.com/goddessgarb/crocheted-and-knitted/

-My partner and I need long fingerless gloves.  We both wear black or dark gray coats and like simple, contemporary styles.  (See Pinterest for specifics)
-My daughter (14) needs long mittens (not gloves, because it's hard to get her fingers in those with her disability).  She wears bright colors, and really likes fuschia and lime and turquoise and black together.  She looks adorable in stripes.
-I need a scarf.  Blues and grays and black, you can see ideas about it on my Pinterest above.  Contemporary neutral stripes including a black and/or gray is great.  (I like stripes, can you tell?)

-***And little fox and rat *ANYTHING*  (amigurumis, figures, etc.) would be *adored*.  They stand for our favorite X-Files character pairing in fanfic, Mulder and Krycek.  The rat should have frowny eyebrows but an evil smile.  Smiley  I can give you other specifics if desired.

-We need a tablecloth that would fit a card table, in colors/print that goes with our decor.  You can see several upholstery examples on my Pinterest to get an idea.  Wine, fuschia, plum, and orange together is what I'm hoping to do in the kitchen/dining colors.  We don't do country, more contemporary abstract.  I love paisleys, and stripes are awesome, but without white in it, just the colors.  I'm actually hoping to match a rug I got for $3 at ShopKo.  LOL!  I can send you a picture of it.
- Placemats, also in our kitchen/dining colors/prints.
-Cotton napkins in our kitchen colors/prints.  No polyester, please.  Wine colored paisleys would be wonderful.
-Felted dryer balls!  Need 'em!  I don't think color matters.
-Hand towels with decorative embellishment for 2 different bathrooms:  Purple for one, black and white for the other.  Paisleys and abstract florals are awesome, as are...stripes!
-My daughter needs a belt that's comfortable.  One of those cotton ones would be great, either her bright colors or neutral, either one.
-We need a Christmas tree skirt in the Christmas blues that we're doing this year. 
-Small, decorative afghan/lap quilt for sofa in colors to coordinate with wine, light blue, cream, and white.  Paisleys, abstract florals, something artsy would be wonderful, and it can be sewn or crocheted or knitted.

Supplies:  (I have a supplies Pinterest, too:  http://pinterest.com/goddessgarb/supplies/)

-I LOVE craft, art, and sewing books.  I have a bunch of my newest desires on my Pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/goddessgarb/books-i-want/  I could probably qualify for the 16 things right there.  LOL!
-I want to do embroidery with real silk floss, and I have none, so that would be wonderful.  (Please no cotton, I have a ton and a half!)
-Tiny (credit card or smaller) sewing kits.  I collect them.
-Tiny watercolor painting sets.  They don't have to be high quality, just tiny.  I can replace the parts with higher quality if need be, I just love the tiny kits.
-I love to embellish, so grab bags of funky fabric scraps, ribbon scraps, lace and fancy thrifted clothing scraps are awesome!
-Beads/embellishments/buttons from your own stash are also awesome.
-I love to make scrap crafts, so fat-quarter sized fabric pieces are also awesome.  You can see my tastes here:  http://pinterest.com/goddessgarb/fabric/
-Fine glitter in the blue Christmas colors (soft purple, soft light blue, blue, silver, white)
-Cigar boxes to embellish
-Sturdy cardboard boxes and tins to embellish
-Hinged wooden boxes to embellish, especially around the size of a Cigar box or bigger.
-Wool or wool-blend felt in those Christmas blue colors and light tan.  No acrylic felt, please.
-Blank greeting cards, white or natural color
-Krylon metallic paint pens.  They are the best.  Gold and Silver.
-Paint pens in bright colors, Elmer's Paintastics are what I've used but others could be just as good, especially in bright pink, black, and white.
-Ceramic paint pens.  I really want to try this!
-Fabric paints.  I really want to try stamping/printing my own fabrics!  I don't know what brand is best.  Basic colors of the rainbow to start with, I guess!
-Gold and silver leafing.

Thank you in advance to anyone who claims me, especially coming in so late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012 09:25:38 PM »

I claim goddessgarb for something knitty. Whoo!

second claim, none sent

Hi! I am 22, currently working as a nanny and living with my boyfriend of nearly four years. My style is pretty haphazard--I never coordinate anything, so my decorating style is whatever I like, all cobbled together. I love bold prints and art deco and fun colors, but I'm not a fan of pink or orange. I love dark colors, like maroon and navy. I knit like a fiend (almost constantly) and also crochet, sew, spin, and dabble in paper craft and jewelry. No pets and no allergies, but my boyfriend is allergic to all nuts. PM with any questions!

Here are some themes/fandoms that can be used for wall art/hoopla: Stargate Atlantis, SG1. Sherlock (BBC), Star Wars (including Extended Universe; I LOVE Rogue Squadron), Whedonverse, Doctor Who, biology, grammar, knitting, embroidery, Futurama, Questionable Content, Girls with Slingshots, swear words, rick rolling, Portal, science fiction (in general), Mean Girls (I quote this movie ALL THE TIME), LGBT and women's rights, Disney movies, booze, steampunk, Geek and Sundry

** = really want

Crafts:

-  Knitting stitch markers. I love the little polyclay kind, but beads are also sweet.
** HOOPLA.
-   Wall art of almost any kind.
**  A corset-backed garter belt
** a crinoline/petticoat (my hips are like 36ish)
- If you were keen on decorating or making geeky underclothes, that'd be sweet. PM for sizes.
- Ceramic mugs/bowls/dishes. Pottery is one craft I know I'll probably not get the chance to do, so I love looking at other people's.
-   Handspun yarn
-   Shawl pins/brooches.
-   Cloth Napkins (I have a couple and I'd like to have a lot. Cotton or polyester is fine
-  This as a pendant or wall art: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810272596717/
- This gorgeousness: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810272313361/
-  An insertable pocket for totebags: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810272035582/
- A hip pouch like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810271313696/
- Some sort of garter-like thing that can go around my leg that I can put a flask in. Flask optional, obvs.
-  Art like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/253186810271096540/
- Little TARDIS plushie to go with my 5 tenth Doctor
- Drawstring or zippered project bags for knitting
- A decorated/embellished whiteboard or corkboard
Pretty much anything on or inspired by my pinterest (pinterest.com/brinnanza). I believe I've commented on everything I've gotten or made, so not those things. PM if you're not sure.

Supplies (All supplies packages are fine; I love thrifted)

*****  Embroidery hoops (I want to embroider all the things)
-   Spinning fiber (anything natural, any prep)
-   Large buttons, preferably in sets of at least four.
-   Thread (any color)
-  Tapestry needles. I am ALWAYS losing them.
-   Machine sewing needles (I go through them so quickly) regular, but also leather/denim.
**   Kool-Aid/dye for yarn/roving (especially need black)
   Awesome fabric--abstract/geometric prints, swirls, Amy Butler-esque, or linen. I love linen. (Linen-look cotton is also great)
-  Aida cloth/linen/cross stitch fabric
-  A jelly roll. I'm thinking about starting quilting but I want to start easy.
-   Resin kit
-  Felt (acrylic or wool, I don't mind either) (all colors, but especially white)
-  Embroidery floss, especially metallic. Also, perle cotton.
-  Corset boning
-  Alligator clips
- Picture frames to fit a 8.5x11 in picture (need three total)

Extras

Knitting/crocheting books (but pm first)
Paper crafting/card making books
EASY (like, hella simple) quilting books/patterns. I'm considering taking it up.
Back issues of Interweave Knits, Knit1, Knit Simple or Vogue Knitting (or any other knit mags; please pm cause I do have some)
I'll never say no to chocolate or candies, especially gummies.
Cinnamon tea (like Bengal Spice or India Spice. Only herbal, I don't like actual tea)
I looooooove table top games
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012 09:29:43 PM by ifallthraindrops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012 05:49:02 PM »

I am claiming ifallthraindrops for a pendant
(1,0,0)

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, and a rabbit.

I love cross stitch and embroidery and I have a huge wall set aside for hoops. It has had many beautiful additions from swapping, but there is a smidge of room left to fill. I am a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades. Most rooms in my house are white or beige with blue accents, my living room is pale green. I need some color. I'm trying to make our house feel something like a beach cottage (even tho we are about 30 minute drive from the Chesapeake bay) but the house has more of an overstuffed, cluttered, lived in feel.

Crafted Wishes:

~Anything inspired from my wists http://www.wists.com/averia or pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/averiakrazy

Sewn:

~wrist or upper arm pocket large enough to hold an ipod touch.
~nautical themed/embroidered throw pillow cover in 16"x16" size. Feel free to send unstuffed, I have pillow forms. (I know they are boring, but beige/cream/navy would be best colors)
~Weighted thread catcher for my sewing table
~charger pocket http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066675091/ (yes, I just received the most lovely one I could imagine, but I could use more of them)
~Messenger Bag - preferably black or brown
~fabric baskets/buckets
~embroidered pin cushions
~flannel pajama pants
~wrap pants in black, navy or natural

Knit/crochet

~knit cats - any style
~Crocheted market bag maybe like http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066046975/ (yes, I just received a perfect one, but like the lovely charger pocket, I could use more of them)
~Kaleidoscope Hot Pads maybe in mostly blue shades? http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957066007925/
~charcoal grey or black bag - maybe like http://www.cogknition.org/patterns/quinn/

Jewelry

Full moon TOLP - Like PFD's Fire Crackle Agate Blue Moon in Gunmetal Wire http://pinterest.com/pin/216383957067136577/
~Leather wrap bracelet (here's a tutorial for ideas http://www.rings-things.com/blog/2011/03/08/how-to-make-wrapped-leather-bracelets/#.T2kvTtVvAbA)
~Seaglass locket inspired by http://www.etsy.com/listing/68547409/liberty-locket-seaglass-ss-chain?ref=sr_list_30&ga_search_submit=&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=beach+glass+jewelry&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
~Seaglass pendants inspired by http://www.etsy.com/listing/58452628/blue-sea-glass?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=sea+glass+pendant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade or http://www.etsy.com/listing/74687558/sky-blue-sea-glass-necklace?ref=sr_list_2&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=sea+glass+pendant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
~Jasper and copper pendant inspired by http://www.etsy.com/listing/72774553/double-trouble-mauve-and-copper-necklace?ref=sr_list_20&ga_ref=auto&ga_search_query=jasper+pendant&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Other crafts:

~homemade soap - especially fond of grapefruit scented or lavendar scented but would love any

~stenciled or bleach painted t-shirt (prefer long XL fitted women's t's - nautical designs, ocean creatures, or quotes inpsired from my pinterest would be loved)
~Upcycled sweater boots from urban threads tutorial http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=333544.0
~Anything made out of firing cobalt blue wine bottles in a kiln
~hoopla art - especially steampunk, nautical or beach themed. ideas at http://pinterest.com/averiakrazy/embroidery-i-love/
~Ribbon towels like http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=JC&Screen=RIBTOWELS
~Altered or fabric covered journal/book
~Unusual bookmarks, any media
~Hand made stamps

Supplies: (i'm very happy to get leftovers, scraps, bits and used)
~silk thread for embroidery
~linen fabric for embroidery
~a book on stumpwork
~Would love to get the precut 2.5" strips of fabric that JoAnn's sells in little round bundles in any patterns/colors
~fabric - Would especially love a variety of 2"x12" or larger cuts in any pattern/color for a scrappy quilt.
~Rotary cutting mat bigger than 4x6 but smaller than 18 x24
~fabric - Crystal Fusion designed by Karen Combs http://www.avlyn.com/collections/crystal-fusion_latest/
~stencils for glass etching
~cardstock and or scrapbook paper - especially victorian themed or steampunk themed
~card making supplies - anyone with a cricut want to go wild sending me miscellaneous shapes?
~patterned flanel, something with blue, other than pinstripes and polkadots (making paperless papertowels for my blue kitchen)
~evenweave 28 count or higher. I have a bizarre love for 28-count evenweave, but would like to try a few things in a higher thread count
~poly clay molds - especially victorian or steampunkish, but any would be appreciated.
~embellishments for scrapbooking, brads, chipboard cutouts, stickers(especially relating to family, dogs/beagle, cats, camping, cub scouts, girl scouts, soccer & basketball)
~empty scrapbooks
~Chain maille links/jump rings - must try it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Helen Thorpe Talks About Just Like Us
Meet Author Posie Graeme-Evans
Meet Author Anne Easter Smith
Rebel Angels Book Trailer
Unpretty Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...