A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,804
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheters VS Knitters Swap 2012 (SIGN UP SEPT 29- OCT 14: SEND OUT NOV 14)  (Read 21373 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012 08:04:19 AM »

I will post on the WIP Wednesday board to see if we can't get some more!

or else, it might be time for you crocheters to learn to knit! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012 03:05:29 PM »

Well I there you have it go out and find some knitters girls. Just kidding but if we do have too many crocheters there might be some who if willing trade with other crocheters. I hope it there wont be a need for this. If you would be willing please pm me. I will only do it as a last resort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Whysteria
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2012 06:25:14 AM »

Every time I even think about learning to knit my head hurts XP I may try some day but I already have so many crafty hobbies maybe I shouldn't add another XP
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2012 08:32:51 AM »

I learned to crochet from fantasticmio and am so glad I did!  To be able to do both really keeps me from being bored with yarn...

I think knitting is way easier than crochet, but that is because I learned it first as a child...I like things about both (kinda hard to drop a stitch when you crochet!)...I can't wait to see who I get as a partner!  I just hope that my knitting needles are not being used for current wips!  ha ha At least with crochet, you can use the needle for more than one project at a time! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2012 09:31:10 AM »

I just hope that my knitting needles are not being used for current wips!  ha ha At least with crochet, you can use the needle for more than one project at a time! Grin

LOL - mine always are - which is why I have more than 1 pair of the sizes I use most, and then I make use of stitch holders, smaller sized needles and waste yarn if I still don't have enough  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2012 10:15:10 AM »

I heard learning to knit after you learn to crochet is twice as hard as the other way around because you're using both hands with knitting. That information intimidates me all the more!

I just hope that my knitting needles are not being used for current wips!  ha ha At least with crochet, you can use the needle for more than one project at a time! Grin

Wouldn't that make it more motivating to get your WIPs done? I hate having WIPs, they make me feel so unaccomplished. I think that's why I like swaps so much is because I have to get my projects done or I get a bad rap and then people would get mad and sad and wouldn't want to swap with me and I might get kicked out and oh, the anxieties! Christmas presents can be late, no problem, but swaps? I do it often enough (yikes!) but it sure does make me feel sour inside. I think I'm babbling again and I'm not even officially signed up for this swap yet. Oops! Sorry friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2012 10:32:39 AM »

I have multiple size knitting needles and crochet hooks, especially size K, since it seems to disappear the most!  So, no, my WIPS do not get done any faster! Cheesy  I think I have more crochet WIPS because I prefer crochet for large projects like afghans...my oldest being about 25 years old... Grin (I am reworking an afghan that my mother started and never finished...I hope to get it done before her 85th birthday!)...

mini_mum--I like using circulars the most because you can unhook the points and leave the project on the cords...I bought lots of extra cords Grin  We are horrid, aren't, we? Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sylvani
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2012 12:47:31 PM »

Sent in my questionnaire, whoohoo!  Grin I just can't wait to start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012 05:43:16 PM »

First off Welcome to Sylvani  First time swapper.

Second off, I too have lots of WIPs (work in progress) But swapping and presents I am good about getting done (presents most of the time) I start a project for myself, then it gets set aside and not finished.  My H hooks walk off all the time for some reason, I for the longest time stored the hook with the WIP, but now I put a piece of paper or on the pattern I right the hook size so I dont end up not haveing what I need. But using the circular needles and leaving the cord attached is a good idea.
I have tried to knit, and I have a couple rows on a needle but that is the extent. I find it takes too long because I learned to crochet as a child but refound my love for it as a college student.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2012 05:45:38 PM »

Right now we have an even number swappers So I will wait to join others in pairs from now till sunday. That way we dont end up with an odd number. Plus we have a pretty even knitter to crocheter ratio too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Use the Image File Management in a Digital Camera
Learn how to Use Exposure Settings in a Digital Camera
Learn how to Understand File Formats in a Digital Camera
Learn how to Choose a Digital Camera
Learn how to Take Digital Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...