A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Multi- Partner Wall Art swap (sign-ups Sept 30- October 14; S.O. Dec 3)  (Read 24697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012 06:34:05 PM »

Would love to do this one - but my art is usually either ATC's or acrylics on canvas - one's far to small (unless I do lots??) the other far to expensive to post (I'm in UK) Sad
You could try to do two (or three, I just love sets of three) post card 5x7 pieces. Just a tad bigger than ATCs but still cheaper to sent... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlookyloo1
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012 07:14:15 PM »

this sound like so much fun Smiley some of my art don't turn out to good sometimes  Sad I will think about it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012 08:24:17 PM »

Would love to do this one - but my art is usually either ATC's or acrylics on canvas - one's far to small (unless I do lots??) the other far to expensive to post (I'm in UK) Sad
You could try to do two (or three, I just love sets of three) post card 5x7 pieces. Just a tad bigger than ATCs but still cheaper to sent... 

@Mini_mum Yes gozer is correct! We gave the to option of a sender making A SET of art pieces instead of one big piece just for that reason. We know it's expensive to send internationally Sad And there are a ton of crafters on here (myself included) that would LOVE to get more ATCs! I don't have nearly enough!  Grin
@mlookyloo1 THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BAD ART/ARTISTS!!!  Cheesy trust me, my drawings are well...my children barely understand what I'm making, lets put it that way ;P My cats don't look like cats! That's why I cheat and I trace if it's necessary for a piece. Then I play to my strengths, like color and proportion ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogprincess
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012 10:03:56 PM »

I am so stoked about this one. The long time frame in which to craft  / the stress free arting time  makes space for loads of awesome time.  I got some inspiration in the last art swap i participated in, some people made the art 3/D with netting and other things . It really made me go hmm. I used to be terrible at drawing and found that practice has helped. As to having incredibly talented parents i totally understand that . My mom is amazing.  Its actually one of the reasons i didn't start arting till  about 3 years ago. Now i love it Smiley I can't wait to start.

Tanya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012 11:51:08 PM »

Ahhh see that's my downfall there. I don't practice Roll Eyes My dad is a VERY talented artist. He told me to start with magazines since here are both objects and people in them but I wanted to learn to draw Manga Style ^^ (lol)
  I'm happy that you decided not to be intimidated by the success of your parents frogprincess and I'm excited to see what you're going to bring for us in the gallery!!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012 05:57:14 AM »

My Dad doesn't do any sort of art but my Mom is incredible! She is an art teacher for the elementary and she comes up with the most amazing things. I pale in comparison to her. I understand completely how you guys feel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012 08:39:07 AM »

My Dad doesn't do any sort of art but my Mom is incredible! She is an art teacher for the elementary and she comes up with the most amazing things. I pale in comparison to her. I understand completely how you guys feel!
NO WAY gozer! I ADORE your artwork!! Shocked I bet your mom is in awe of you too for coming up with things that she wouldn't ^^ I'm happy that I got my mom into quilting a few years back because we BOTH do it now and we have different input for each quilt. Sometimes she has an opinion that helps and sometimes I think she's crazy for putting certain colors together XD I love it though!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012 08:40:51 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pioneer9

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012 04:14:30 PM »

Finally sent my questionnaire... hoping some recent stress in my life can be soothed through some art-making. (Also hoping that my usual swap-anxiety does not make said stress worse instead!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenleahlynn
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012 04:48:19 PM »

this does sound like a fun swap, but i need to think over my time schedule. i love hanging out with kids because, they are so open to the process of creating instead of worrying about results. i always loved drawing but didn't think i was that good at it until a took an introductory class in college. i wish i had more confidence in myself earlier in life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
gozer

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012 05:23:08 PM »

Pioneer9, your fantastic. You have no need at all to stress. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Donut Chips Recipe
How to Make the Perfect Pie at Home
Nutritious Kid-Friendly Thanksgiving Treats
Thanksgiving Dessert: How to Make a Pumpkin Bourbon Walnut Tart
How to Make Peppermint-Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...