A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
873 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Samhain Round 39 (SU 9-30 to 10-6, SO 10-27)  (Read 12174 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2012 04:57:53 PM »

Witchhippie, I hope your son's ok. That sounds like a terrible way to spend your birthday, and must have put an end to any Samhain or Hallowe'en celebration too.

I think the hair and makeup looks absolutely fabulous on you, HG! It's always great when masquerade lets us try out looks that normally we wouldn't consider, but which may really suit us. One of my colleagues at work said today she wore a red and pink bobbed wig for trick-or-treating last night, and she caught a look at herself in the mirror and thought "Hey, this really looks good on me!" Now she's wondering if her usually very conservative hairstyle is really the best thing for her!

We rarely get any trick-or-treaters at our house (in a bad location for it) but last night there seemed to be few anywhere in the city. It was cold and a bit rainy here, but ordinarily that wouldn't keep them away. I wonder if Hallowe'en is going to survive here for another generation.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2012 07:51:15 PM »

You look great Hawkeye!!

My day didn't go so well. My son's Birthday is also Oct 31, so I went home early from work to get things ready for his favorite dinner and cake. When he got home from school he didn't feel so well, I was hoping it was his nerves. He wouldn't eat his dinner or his birthday cake. So I went ahead and got him ready and did his makeup for his costumes and he started vomiting and said he wanted to go back to bed.  We didn't get to have a Halloween.   Embarrassed
He is home from school today with a 102.4 Fever.  Cry Cry

When he's better we will redo his birthday but Halloween will have to wait until next year!! Undecided

How is everyone with the storm?

So sorry to hear that!

Storm beat down cold rain but nothing that a Great Lake resident can't handle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2012 06:06:03 AM »

I'm so sorry Witchhippie. Sad Next year will be better!
My kids were Vidia and Terence from the movie Tinkerbell. Mariann decided. Merrick was SO happy to dress up!
I'll show you when I get the camera from the car. We arrived last night and I didn't felt like unloading the car, we went straight to bed.

The weather for the actual trick-or-treating was great. No sun but no wind either. There was impressive finds on Tuesday but nothing broke.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2012 12:59:15 PM »

The storm wasn't too bad. It was 4 days cooped inside a 1000 square foot house with a 16 yo & 14 yo teenage boys...
I've almost recovered, but the house isn't looking so hot.
Almost finished with part 2...
Just need to clean off table for work space. Then again, we're ordering pizza and the table needs to be cleaned so we can eat together... hmmm...
Hoping to mail tomorrow morning.
I will take pictures before I mail.
The law of three  - right?

I wish healing energy for those who need it.
Blessings and gratitude - Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
whileitsraining
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2012 03:25:14 PM »

Hello everyone! I finally sent today Sad  The base got hit with a pretty good amount of wind, and there were alot of cracked power poles around. There was one literally split in half and bent over the main road to get to the commissary! My family and I were without power from monday afternoon to thursday afternoon, but its been chaotic the last two days with them fixing the power poles.  The base was "closed" Monday thru Thursday with parts of it still closed yesterday.  Hubby's office building is just off post and it didn't get power until last night so he had a free week off of work.  with no power stuck in the house with me and 4 kids....not super relaxing.  The luckiest thing though was that our house and the wind were parallel to each other so there was no significant damage to our house.  The wind was crazy, but I snuck outside a couple of times just to stand in it (plastered up against the side of the house lol) so beautiful at the same time. 

the 30th was our anniversary so we grilled steak and used the campstove to make some veggies and rice to go with it.  It was very romantic with about 20 candles lighting the table so the little ones could see their food lol

Since we were without power hubby and I both got to get the kids out trick or treating which I think is a first for us.  The kids had a blast and even the 20month old was excited! She loved all the people ooooing and ahhhhing over how cute she was in her little owl costume. 

So all and all I really really appreciate electricity Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2012 05:01:10 PM »

Looks like you made the best out of the situation, whileitsraining!

I said I'd show my pixies:

Every one thought my little guy was a girl. Apparently boys can't be dressed as fairies....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2012 04:46:04 PM »

I love the pictures of the little ones on your blog, Andrann, where it isn't until the third photo that Merrick has turned around and you see his wings!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2012 06:06:32 AM »

I think little boys make the best fairies!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2012 11:28:38 AM »

Part I came out even better than I hoped it would.
Part II is almost finished - just about had a meltdown yesterday when the bulb burnt out on my sewing machine.
If you're in the US please remember to vote.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
whileitsraining
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2012 04:05:34 PM »

I received today for hawkeyes girl! i love it!!! will get some pictures taken and posted in the morning Smiley Thank You!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zebrafish Book Trailer
Ellen Crosby Talks About The Viognier Vendetta
Meet Media Personality Tavis Smiley
Sarah Beth Durst Talks About Enchanted Ivy
Daniel Yergin Talks About The Prize
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...