A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fibre swap fall 2012 Sign up Sept.29- Oct.5, 2012  (Read 9306 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2012 07:03:21 AM »

hahaha...yea wool washing day never works out well for me either.  I gave up on that awhile ago!

I'm dying my wool tomorrow night...so it can be ready in time for send outs. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2012 09:46:16 AM »

Dyed dried and wrapped.  Now to make my something crafted...pattern in hand, now to get some time to myself...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
jexxican

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2012 10:49:32 AM »

When do we get a gallery? I'm ready for my partner to receive! I sent Wednesday so she should be getting it like today or tomorrow? YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
.:dollface:.
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2012 01:02:16 PM »

My dyeing day didn't go as planned either Sad  So I'm trying to figure something else out.  On the plus side I've picked out my ____ for the small _____, but I always get swap anxiety before I make my items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2012 03:06:07 PM »

We have a gallery!   You missed the announcement, Jexxican.  And I forgot to put it in the first post.  Go back a page Wink

I meant to pull out the drum carder last night.  Maybe I'll get to it tonight.  And maybe I should try to find my way to the sewing machine so I can create my small.  I guess there's only 1 week left! Eeeeeep!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012 03:07:41 PM by Belladune » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rodelphia
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2012 10:06:14 AM »

I've got mine all dyed and wrapped too, I'm just working on my crafted item. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2012 10:30:16 AM »

Apparently the person I got the fleece from isn't necessarily the best to get from, either. Another friend with sheep was telling how the other friend lets her sheep run through wheat fields and that she'd never ever get a fleece from her. It was rather extra dirty. Plus, being my first time, I didn't really know what I was doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2012 01:31:24 PM »

That happpens.  I've had that experience too.  And depending on the fleece, sometimes its worth it.  I'm currently dealing with a chunk of rather gorgeous (way more gorgeous then a merino, it's incredibly soft ) Short Shetland.  But it's sooooooooo ful of VM it's rediculous, but I still wish I'd have taken that whole fleece. The wool is AMAZING.  If it's just a regular old wool, and full of VM, I don't want it. 

I pulled out the drum carder and the diz last night.  I've never dizzed off the drum carder, but I'll be doing this again.  (ps. .:dollface:. knows that's what I'm doing,  we've disscused Smiley )  I love the way it turned out.  So now on to the crafted small and I'll be good to go!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

breabadair
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2012 10:23:05 PM »

When do we get a gallery? I'm ready for my partner to receive! I sent Wednesday so she should be getting it like today or tomorrow? YAY!

It's here today. But I had class. By the time I got to the office, I found a sign that said "Closed at 6pm for an employee meeting". It was 6:30. I was sad. I'm going to pick it up before class tomorrow Tongue So, pictures tomorrow! Also, I got a B on my German midterm. I thought I'd do worse so I'm thrilled. Your box will be out soon. I'm going to take it with me to class and find a post office box. I'm pretty excited for you to get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2012 06:35:43 AM »

It's here today. But I had class. By the time I got to the office, I found a sign that said "Closed at 6pm for an employee meeting". It was 6:30. I was sad. I'm going to pick it up before class tomorrow Tongue So, pictures tomorrow! Also, I got a B on my German midterm. I thought I'd do worse so I'm thrilled. Your box will be out soon. I'm going to take it with me to class and find a post office box. I'm pretty excited for you to get it!
Hooray passing your midterms! Boo meetings not letting you get your package. Hooray sending out soon! Boo sleep deprivation making me sound like a crazy. Sorry, ladies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bamboo Tools to Tend to Your Terrarium
Birthday Craft Ideas for Children
How to Create a Summer Camp Survival Kit
How to Make a Travel Scrapbook
How to Frame a Baby Hand Tracing
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...