A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: genie pants for Burning Man  (Read 1602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

julibooli
maker extraordinaire )'(

adventure on the sewin' seas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 28, 2012 11:26:09 AM »

I didn’t give a damn when these were trendy, but I really like genie pants for Burning Man. They’re comfortable for lounging and look great while dancing. I can also layer leggings underneath for chilly nights, and you can’t beat that!

I made the pattern myself. Each leg is a single piece, and the un-gathered waist is about 8 feet wide. I prefer the more gathered look of the silver pants, which were my second pair.

The waistband can be pulled up high, or slouched down around the hips. The leg bands can also be pulled up to my calves, making the leg pouf out more. Pouffy legs!

more photos (including action shots) and info on my blog: http://madebyjulianne.com/?p=4271
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012 11:32:50 AM »

Those silvery ones are so glamorous. Just stunning for evening, with the striped pants for everyday wear.  This is a very practical comfortable style too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyLynn98
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012 12:11:44 PM »

No, those green striped ones are awesome! Those are everyday wearing pants right there!  Grin

***Rocks***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot.com/
charlieandwillow

Professional viking-tamer & bear-wrangler.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012 03:52:59 PM »

So at this point it's pretty much a given that I love everything you make, but I *really* need to ask where those shoes are from?! They're clearly comfy as all get out because you're dancing like a loon pretty much every time we see you in them. They're flippin' adorable and I think I need them in my life. By the by, those silver pants are very clearly Dancing Pants. LOVE.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

julibooli
maker extraordinaire )'(

adventure on the sewin' seas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012 04:26:15 PM »

So at this point it's pretty much a given that I love everything you make, but I *really* need to ask where those shoes are from?! They're clearly comfy as all get out because you're dancing like a loon pretty much every time we see you in them. They're flippin' adorable and I think I need them in my life. By the by, those silver pants are very clearly Dancing Pants. LOVE.

The brand is Charles&David, circa 2004. And their style seems to have changed completely since then. When I left for a 6-month backpacking trip I got rid of every single pair of heels I owned, except for these. And I hardly ever wear them, mostly for photos, but they are always awesome anyway.

And interesting that you're cataloging my shoe collection.

Yaaaayyy pants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Time of My Life Book Trailer
Jonathan Maberry Talks About Rot and Ruin
Embassy Book Trailer
Brian DeLeeuw Talks About In This Way I Was Saved
Meet Author Brad Thor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...