A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
747 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Hoopla Round 8 - Signups 9/28 to 10/25, claims 10/1 to 10/31  (Read 5313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« on: September 28, 2012 10:39:28 AM »

OHS R8 Gallery/Discussion

We welcome all levels of embroiderers! Please do not feel intimidated if you are new to this craft! We love all HOOPLA! Cheesy

I reserve the right to deny participation in this swap to anyone who has a swap profile that shows a history of poor communication and/or late sending.

Swap name: Ongoing Hoopla Swap Round 8
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: Averia and Homerof2
Sign-up date range: 9/28/12-10/25/12
Last Day to Claim: 10/31/12
Date to send item by: 3 weeks after you claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO
Additional Age requirement? No
*DC #s are required*

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

SWAP INFO
Who isn't in love with Hooplas right now? Who can't wait to fill a whole wall with inspiring stitchy creations? This swap is for you! This is an ongoing swap which will run until  the end of October and allows all the participants the laid back fun of claiming each other for themes and techniques. Each participant will be making hoopla that meets the medium requirement of at least 2 hours of stitching time for each claim they make. Itching for some 3-D fun, or dying for someone to stitch you up a fabulous quote? Join us!!

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*
When sending PMs, please label them as Ongoing Hoopla Swap with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Please send to Averia & Homerof2 and include the words "Ongoing Hoopla R8 swap (or OHS8) Approval in the PM title.
*Name of swap: Ongoing Hoopla Swap R8
*Craftster username:
*Email address:
*Your real name:
*Mailing address including the country:
*Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
*Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
*Are you a Friend of Craftster?
*Do you have access to a camera so you can post pictures here of what you receive? (if not, you need to tell anyone who claims you, so that they are able to take pictures before sending)
*Do you have a wish list of a minimum of 5 themes for swappers to claim from, detailing your likes and dislikes?
*How many claims are you allowed to have outstanding?
*Which craftsterers do you need to PM in regards to all approval, sending and receiving information?
*If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
*If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join this swap! Sign-ups are open until October 25. PM the organizer the above questionnaire to get started, and please wait to be accepted into the swap before making any claims.
Please make sure you are not late in any of your other swaps before committing to this one. Please make those swaps your priority.

HOW THIS SWAP WORKS:
Claims are made throughout the swap period. You have three weeks from the time you make a claim to send that claim.
You can make as many (or as few) claims as you want throughout the month as long as you never go over your allowed amount of outstanding claims. (An outstanding claim is a hoopla that has not been received; when that hoopla is received your number of outstanding claims goes down leaving you open to bring it back up to 2 or 3.) If, at any point, you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

FOCs are allowed to make a maximum of 3 outstanding claims.
Non-FOCs are allowed to make a maximum of 2 outstanding claims.
First time swappers are allowed to make a maximum of 1 outstanding claim.

Posting pictures of received hooplas is required for this swap.
If you are unable to do so, you are expected to contact the person who claimed you and ask them to please do so for you.

CLAIMING
1. Claims are made using the following procedure:

Person A (the swap organizer) will begin the swap by posting a list of themes in this swap thread.
Person B will choose a theme from one of A's themes and make a claim by posting his/her own list (see below for formatting of post).
Person C will make a claim on one of B's themes and post his/her own list.
Person D will make a claim on one of C's themes and post his/her own list etc...

This continues through the end of the month, when the swap organizer closes out the claiming part of the swap and continues this swap in the next round starting in the next month.

2. How to make a claim:
A claim post should include the following information:
1. The theme you are choosing and who youre sending it to.
2. The send by date (three weeks from the date the claim is made)
3. Statistical info about your current swap claims status:

Claims = Total claims
Sent = anything currently in the mail.
Received = the hooplas received by the people you've sent them to.
Formatted thusly (claims outstanding/claims sent/claims received)

4. Your location.
5. Your personal preferences.
6. Your list of themes.
7. *Optional* Any wist or pinterest that would be relevant.

ONCE YOU HAVE MADE A CLAIM:
1. Send a personal message to the person you have claimed and request their address

2. You have 3 weeks to complete each hoopla (equivalent to at least a medium or 2 hours in crafting time), and have it in the mail to its new owner. You cannot have more than your maximum allotted claims outstanding (3 for FOC, 2 for non-FOC, 1 for new swappers)

ONCE YOU HAVE SENT OR RECEIVED A HOOPLA

1. Please PM the organizers (Averia & homerof2) and claimer/claimee when you send or receive a hoopla.
2. Label the message as Ongoing Hoopla Swap Sent or Received,
3. Be sure and include (1) the "send by" date, as well as (2) the theme and (3) who sent it

FEEDBACK
Positive feedback will be given when all of the hooplas you sent have been received. Good communication is vital and will be noted in feedback.

ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post them in the discussion thread or PM the organizers. This thread is specifically for claims only.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012 07:35:32 PM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012 10:44:04 AM »

Just to highlight:

Please make sure you are not late in any of your other swaps before committing to this one. Please make those swaps your priority.

ONCE YOU HAVE SENT OR RECEIVED A HOOPLA
1. Please PM both of the organizers (Averia & Homerof2) and claimer/claimee when you send or receive a hoopla.
2.  Label the message as Ongoing Hoopla Swap Sent or Received,
3.  Be sure and include (1) the "send by" date, as well as (2) the theme and (3) who sent it

ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post them in the discussion thread or PM the organizers. This thread is specifically for claims only.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012 07:48:53 PM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012 10:45:21 AM »

Hoopla Swappers (claims made, claims in transit, claims received)

3 claims
Averia (1,0,1)
deathbeforedishes (3,0,3)
Homerof2 (1,0,1)
mthrasher138 (1,0,1)
psyche (1,0,1)
WhimsicallyObsessed (3,0,3)

2 claims
Alliekat914 (1,0,1)
Dr. Craft (2,0,2)
hanshotfirst (1,0,1)
haroldlovesmaude (2,0,2)
RetroGypsy (3,0,3)
twisted5whispers (1,0,1)
whenindoubtsew (2,0,2)
Whitterp (1,0,1)

1 claim
skatergirl1007 (1,0,1) Welcome first time swapper!

Claims List

Sent
Received
Late w/ communication
Contact the Organizers ASAP!!

whenindoubtsew --> Alliekat914 for anything Firefly hoopla   10-22-2012
Averia --> whenindoubtsew for Discworld   10-22-2012
RetroGypsy --> Averia for 'Anything that inspires you'   10-22-2012
WhimsicallyObsessed --> RetroGypsy for a wizard of oz hoop   10-22-2012
skatergirl1007 --> WhimsicallyObsessed for a Nightmare before Christmas hoopla   10-23-2012
whenindoubtsew --> skatergirl1007 for anything cute panda hoopla   10-24-2012
Dr. Craft --> whenindoubtsew for pinterest/quote/Seuss   10-24-2012
deathbeforedishes --> Dr. Craft for  Mathematics!   10-25-2012
WhimsicallyObsessed --> deathbeforedishes for a cute monsters hoop    10-25-2012
Homerof2 --> WhimsicallyObsessed for Interesting patterns involving color combos   10-25-2012
WhimsicallyObsessed --> Homerof2 for anything from my Funny board on Pinterest   10-25-2012
whitterp --> WhimsicallyObsessed for a matryoshka hoop   10-29-2012
deathbeforedishes --> whitterp for Literary   10-29-2012
psyche --> deathbeforedishes for an owl hoop   10-29-2012
haroldlovesmaude --> psyche for the Mario Baddies theme   10-31-2012
RetroGypsy --> haroldlovesmaude for "Futurama"   10-31-2012
Alliekat914 --> RetroGypsy for "Dr. Who"   11-02-2012
mthrasher138 --> Alliekat914 for Big Bang Theory   11-05-2012
haroldlovesmaude --> mthrasher138 for Powerpuff Girls/Mojo Jojo   11-05-2012
deathbeforedishes --> haroldlovesmaude for microbes   11-07-2012
Dr. Craft --> deathbeforedishes for chemistry/Chanukah   11-13-2012
hanshotfirst --> Dr. Craft for retro fruit   11-15-2012
twisted5whispers --> hanshotfirst for cat inspired   11-15-2012
RetroGypsy --> twisted5whispers for a wedding date/theme hoopla   11-16-2012
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012 05:45:14 AM by Averia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012 11:03:23 AM »

Reserved
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012 06:45:18 PM »

Let's open things up - Alliekat914 made the last claim for Round 7 so she is up first in Round 8!

My name is Allison, I'm 31 and live in Ottawa, Ontario. I live with my dog Ruby a cute spoiled little Jack Russell Terrier.

Themes I like:

Anything Firefly
Pinterest Surprise (http://pinterest.com/allison_tovell/hoopla/)
Star Wars
Big Bang Theory
Cherry Blossoms
Nurse Jackie
Supernatural
Celtic Knots
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012 10:39:02 PM »

Yeah - let's do this!!

I claim Alliekat914 for anything Firefly hoopla (I <3 Firefly too)
Send date 21st October 2012
1/0/0

Hi - I'm Kylie from Coffs Harbour, Australia
I live with my hubby and 2 puppies and am just finishing up a craft room with my very own hoopla wall! I am really lovin hooplas at the moment. I get drawn to unusual, humorous, quirky, vintage, steampunk, and contrasting fabrics/colours/styles. My favorite colors are blues/greens/foresty/ocean-inpired colours.  I am not a big fan of main colour being reds/yellows/pinks. I love mixed media in hoops (throwing a bit of material/felt/buttons and charms etc).
Themes:
   TV shows New Girl (I rock a lot of polka dots), Adventure Time (Im the sexiest adventurer ever - Tree Trunks), Big Bang Theory (Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock - Bazinga), Community (Donde Esta La Biblioteca Inspector Spacetime Troy and Abed in the morning), Parks and Recreation (anything Ron Swanson, April Ludgate or Leslie Knope), IT Crowd (Weve Come Here to Drink Milk and Kick Ass and Weve Just Finished Our Milk)
   Movies Ghibli studios (Totoro, Arriety, Howls Moving Castle), Wes Anderson movies (Rushmore, Life Aquatic, Darjeeling Limited), Inception, Ellen Page movies (Whip It, Juno, Smart People), Avengers movies (Thor, Ironman, Captain America), Tim Burton (Alice in Wonderland, Dark Shadows, Sweeney Todd, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, Sleepy Hollow, 9), Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
   Anchors/ships/mermaids/narwhals - mixed with vintage
   Mandalas
   Libraries/books
   Cameras/photography
   Day of the Dead
   Steampunk
   Music lyrics Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Birds of Tokyo, Beatles, Snow Patrol,
   Quotes (Pinterest boards Hoopla and Embroidery and Quotey-Quote-Quote have ones that have jumped out for me)
   Urban Thread inspired embroidery
   Redheads
   Fairy Tales
   Dr Seuss
   Gustav Klimt (artist)
   Discworld (Terry Pratcett)
   Jane Austen
   http://www.365luckydays.blogspot.com.au/ - love these hoops
My Pinterest  http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/

This is my first ongoing hoopla so if I haven't done things right please let me know - off to PM Alliekat914!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012 03:39:22 AM »

Eeek, so many choices!

I claim whenindoubtsew for Discworld, send by 10/22

About Me: My name is Laura and I live in Maryland with my husband, 3 kids, a dog, a cat, and a mini rex rabbit

I love cross stitch and embroidery and I have a large wall set aside for hoops. It has had many beautiful additions from swapping, but there is a ton of room left to fill.

I am a huge fan of Firefly/Serenity, steampunk, and the color blue in all shades. Most rooms in my house are white or beige with blue accents, my living room is pale green. I need some color. I'm trying to make our house feel something like a beach cottage (even tho we are about 30 minute drive from the Chesapeake bay) but the house has more of an overstuffed, cluttered, lived in feel.

Here are my themes!

blackwork
    monochromatic in blues
    a mini cross stitched quilt (any pattern)
    silly frogs/tree frogs/faerie frog
    Celtic knotwork
    Meowth/Team Rocket
    Pirate wench/pirate girl
    a dark/goth faerie
    Princess Bride
    Pinterest surprise
    Anything at all that inspires you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RetroGypsy
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012 08:12:41 AM »

Hey everyone! So excited to be hoopin' it up!

I choose Averia for 'Anything that inspires you'

A little about me...my name is Selena. I just recently relocated from Las Vegas to North Texas, I am originally a California girl, from the Bay Area. I live with my Mr and we have his teens here every other week..twin boy & girl.

Here are some things I dig:

Day of the dead
Pin-ups (fave artist is Elvgren)
Music
Old school microphones
Cameras
Old school tattoos (love Sailor jerry style)
Angels
Wings
Dr. Who (David Tennant is my fave Doc)
Women and fashion of the 1940's - 1950's
Baking/aprons
Crowns
Wizard of Oz
 Virgen de Guadalupe
Once Upon a time (the series)
Vampire Diaries
peonies
The Ocean/beach
'Land of make believe' (song by Chuck Mangione)
Zombies
Sewing
Purses
Stitching/embroidey
A combo of any of the above
Something from my pinterest ... http://m.pinterest.com/retrogypsy/

Have fun stitchin it up!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012 12:23:10 PM »

I'm gonna make a claim on Retrogypsy for a wizard of oz hoop! Cheesy
 Send-out date 22nd of October

I'm Dee from Ohio. I love variety and all kinds of colors and styles. Smiley I'm married with a 4 yr old daughter..  I'm planning on moving soon and have decided I'm going to do my kitchen in matryoska maybe gnomes as well with mushrooms and etc.. That whole cute style. My livingroom will be an enchanted forest but I want a hoop wall with a variety of things (maybe several hoop walls eventually I LOVE hoops!) My bathroom will be sea /aquatic I think with mermaids and sea creatures

Steampunk history meets old timey futuristic ideals

Dragons

Gnomes

unicorns

zebras

Mermaids/dolphins/Stingrays/random sea creatures/plants and shells (your choice!)

fairies

Adventure time - (Ice king or Lemongrab related would be AMAZING but really anything Adventure time related would be sweet! <3)

roses my daughter's middle name and she was named after my beloved grandma.. Roses have a special meaning to me and my favorite are peace roses with yellows and pinks.

Interesting patterns involving color combos bright (not murky muddy olive type) greens with purples, Yellows with pinks, purples with black and blues. or Rainbow! Cheesy I'm not afraid of color! Your choice Wink

Funny Meme style kitties

Forest animals - Owls, Foxes, squirrels, deer, skunks, chipmunks etc...

Matryoshka - Nesting dolls

Nightmare before Christmas

cute and creepy

zombies

pirates

"The Mighty Boosh" related hoop (any character is great I LOVE that show)

Dorky jokes - Pirate with a steering wheel in pants sayin "ARRRRR its driving me nuts" for the hubs he finds that joke too hilarious
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012 09:41:55 AM by WhimsicallyObsessed » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
skatergirl1007
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012 05:28:40 AM »

I claim WhimsicallyObsessed for a Nightmare before Christmas hoopla.
Send out October 23
1/0/0

Hi my name is Raina, I live in Minnesota with my parents and siblings. My sister has a little dog which is a cutie. I love purples, reds, blues, and greens. I also really like black. Pink and orange are not favorite colors but I like them. I love to read
so anything book related is good. I like cute monsters. I love love love pandas!! Halloween is my second favorite holiday. I like the cutesy zombies. I also like fantasy things like dragons and gnomes.

Hoopla swap themes that I would like to receive

1. Any thing Firefly and Serenity
2. Any thing with cute pandas
3. Something themed around Sherlock Homles from BBC
4. Harry Potter, I love Dobby, Sirius Black, and Dumbledor. I also like when Ron goes "Why spiders? Why couldn't be follow the butterflies?"
5. Criminal Minds, Garcia is my favorite character
6. Lord of The Rings, I love Legolas and Gimli's relationship in the movies
7. I love Parry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb
8. books I like are Wildwood, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Inkheart, and the Hobbit
9. I like the Resident Evil movies
10. I am a Mario fan and right now I am really into Borderlands
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012 05:30:14 AM by skatergirl1007 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pour Acrylic Paint
JohnK Explains Cartoon Construction Pt. 2
JohnK Explains Cartoon Construction Pt. 1
Chocolate Painting with Spoon
Student’s ‘Rape Culture’ Artwork Banned from School Show
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...