I never set out to make little creepy chicken houses I swear. I'm not typically the creepy sort of type. But this project went that way and I let my creativity take the wheel and I like it
I was very inspired by the recent little house swap as well as some other projects recently that featured little clay houses and wanted to give it a try. But of course, me being me, I couldn't just have it be a house, it had to have feet it told me. And those feet turned into weird little bird feet.
I didn't necessarily think to make it all dark and grunged up but after burning the clay when I forgot it in the oven (oops) that started the cogs turning to that direction.
Here they are burned, whoops.
So to further the effect I added more sponging of stamp inks, black, red, orange, brown....I think that's all there was.
And the feet were made of a garden variety wire I picked up in the craft store no doubt. I wasn't sure what to do with them but just couldn't stand the way they were sooo.....green. So I covered them in hot glue. And then gesso, acrylic paint, stamp ink...yeah. And then all was well.
Now they're ready to fly the coop! Or at least waddle away...
I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments! Thanks for looking