A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: milk&cookie BFF embroidery  (Read 1101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

p.kok
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 26, 2012 11:58:24 AM »

This is one of my first digitizing projects that I think came out pretty good. I made the illustration in adobe illustrator (inspired by a "milk and cookies" google search) and then digitized it with PE design which I'm really really slowly learning how to use (it came with the machine:)). I still have trouble understanding different kinds of stitches and settings for the stitches (which you can obviously see on the hearts:)).

I would love any kind of feedback and suggestions on how to make it better. If anyone wants to try and stitch it out themselves (and give me some feedback) I would love (LOVE LOVE) to send you the file ( i can also change the word "Mleko" on the carton to the English word milk, if you want:)). But any comet would help! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012 12:18:37 AM »

I can't help you with your machine, but your design is delicious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
amarok
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012 10:42:40 PM »

i thought that this was a hand embroidery.. i would maybe suggest you try out a different program or try finding some good tutorials on how to use the one you have. i'm not familiar with the one you said came with your machine, but i'd imagine it's not the best option out there.. although, maybe you're not aiming to do all your embroideries yourself in which case it's fine. my Husqvarna Viking embroidery software damn near drove me crazy, but now that i've had a day lesson from a guy who sells Wilcom and Pulse programs (which run up to 15 000 euros.. YUP.) i learned the best techniques and so on. i can recommend Stitch Era embroidery program by Sierra Software, but not everyone understands how it works, you need a bit of an understanding with embroideries before diving into that one.

what you need is to JUST DO IT! Smiley you learn by making stuff and making mistakes and thinking how it would look better and then finding out if you can manipulate the stitches in that way.  i've found it most helpful to buy Urban Threads embroideries (www.urbanthreads.co m) and just sit at the machine as it embroideres and just trying to think "now, why does it stitch out like that?". for example, sometimes it can look very weird starting up, when the machine does a bit from that side, then moves to the other side, but usually it comes together in the end and you realize that all those connector lines in between are covered with stitching. that's just a "for example". Smiley but to make truly awesome embroidery, you need some lessons, either with a real live human or on the internet and then also by watching things stitch out, things that are REALLY well made (i.e. the UT desings Wink and then taking note of that. here's some AWFUL stuff that i've made four years back, when i was losing my mind with my embroideries and really needed something else http://susitaika.com/amarok/how_to.html there you can see how the Husqvarna Viking program worked for me. for comparison, you can see the things that i've created since with Stitch Era right here on this part of the forum Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
MrBeamo
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012 04:35:31 AM »

I like this.  It's cool.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deadsweaters

There's no space for anything but dreaming.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013 01:40:22 PM »

i love food buddies!  This is very cute. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013 02:03:16 PM »

Yay milk and cookies! I love the design. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013 04:03:35 AM »

This makes me happy! I think it's cute! Wish I had helpful advice, but I only hand embroider.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Matchmakers Steve and JoAnn Ward Discuss Crash Course In Love
Ted Fishman Guides Us Towards a Shock of Gray
Novelist Sandra Brown Introduces Her New Novel Rainwater
Jeannette Walls Talks About Her Audio Books
Author Jenny Han Talks About Her New Novel the Summer I Turned Pretty
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...