A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Bellatrix for the Wicked Tin Swap  (Read 994 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 24, 2012 02:43:06 PM »

I was lucky enough to get a spot in the ever epic Wicked Tin Swap of 2012.  I got paired up with the fabo goatgoddess.  We were required to make a list for our partners to choose from.  Originally I was going to pick Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmatians, but it just never worked right.  But, the inspiration faery finaly whacked me with her stick of "Do This and Not That" and told me to make baby Bellatrix Lestange from Harry Potter instead.  Everything fell right into place and I finished it in a day....the day before I had to mail in fact (it helped a bunch the cacklcoo gave us TWO extensions Grin *bows deeply in uber respect for their mad cool orging skills*).  So lets get on with the show..

The Bellatrix Lestrange Play Set consists of Bellatrix, her mansion, her pet snake, and her rattle.

She is made from an original Trolls doll body (it had no head when I found it, so it wasn't me who ruined a vintage toy), and the head of a doll that I couldn't identify.  I tried to set the head at an angle to mimic how a toddler has to look at grown ups.  I repainted the doll face to try and make it look more like  Helena Bonham Carter might have looked as a toddler.  Her eyes are red right now because we are looking at the moment that her snake teaches her to "bring some life" to her rattle.  Her hair is made from some unwound poly cording.  I hand sewed it to some felt and then glued it to her head.
Her dress is made from a bit of a vintage lace collar made of silk crepe.  She has tiny skull beads on her hand sewed booties and a gold pin for her fuzzy black diapers.

Her pet snake is felt.  I sewed it ruffly by hand to help it look a bit scale...not compleatly sure that part worked Grin.  her Death Eater rattle is made from a skull and cross bones bead with the cross bones cut off, the end of a wedding bubble wand, a glow heart bead, a bingo chip to support the head, and a smiley face bead to cap the top.

The Lestrange mansion is made from a Bandage tin (I had to upgrade a few sizes after I put all her hair on her, she wouldn't fit in an Altoids tin..).  I covered most of it with part of an Irish linen tea towel and some lace paper in the same tones as her dress.  I feel quite clever about the pillars.  The are made from Gitterman thread spools, scrabble tiles, and a wooden ball.  The mantel is made from heavy craft foam and the little plastic letters that stores used to make signs with. (the green astrix covers a way to dirty for pictures fingernail Grin)

The poem is a spin on the classic "There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her fore head.  When she was good...well..that never really happened, but when she was bad she was HORRID!"

Considering it was a one day project, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out
Thanks for looking Grin

(and thank you for the new pic loader craftster rulers.  That was SOOO much easier!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Challenge Vote Please--http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431933.0#axzz2uu2i2vML
To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to kno
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012 01:01:09 AM »

How amazing is that! I love all the wee details and the fact that you used a troll body and a different doll head: I would never have guessed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012 05:47:25 AM »

I know I was in that swap and commented before, but it's still awesome. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/sonjaboo
http://pinterest.com/tuukkasmomma/

I am on a mission to collect an ATC from every state in the U.S.! Would love to trade ATCs with anyone interested!
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012 09:33:12 AM »

Thanks y'all! 

No worries SonjaBoo, I don't mind hearing it twice Grin

Antdigger, I tried some other doll bodies, but they looked more like little girls than a toddler.  Then I remembered my headless troll and it was just what I wanted Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Challenge Vote Please--http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431933.0#axzz2uu2i2vML
To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to kno
nmcakemom07

All this acting normal is EXHAUSTING!!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012 02:05:42 PM »

I love it.  Another great project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Given a cape, tiara and a strong cup of coffee, yeah, I could rule the world.

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/nmcakemom07/
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012 01:36:41 PM »

Amazing! This is why I will never join an altered tin swap. Stuff like this is WAY too intimidating! Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012 01:59:01 PM »

gozer!  With your mad drawing skills you have NO reason to be intimidated.  Now I'm going to have to pester you every time altered tin swaps pop up Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Art - Turkish Sentinel by Charles Bargue
How to Paint Reflectivity
How to Oil Paint with Hall Groat
How to Oil Paint
Ambient Art - Van Gogh
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...