A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Art Doll Swap - Sendouts 10/05/12  (Read 6603 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012 08:32:32 AM »

Thanks "mightyminniemouse" for answering my questions. I do love the the center piece & the sculpting is great!

Ok "lovesclutter can't find her camera so I'll post a few pics for her of what I made for her:

These magazines were the extras, they are old issues. mostly in the 70's I think.
I really love making her. It made me go a little outside of my usual sewing things.
Thanks "lovesclutter" for being my partner!
Also "Smmarrt"  thanks for organizing, it was great!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012 08:52:00 AM by Sharalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012 02:53:06 PM »

Thanks for posting pics sharalee. This doll has the most amazing little details, and I really love her, no name yet and I love vintage magazines. Guess I didn't tell you, but that is perfect.

I loved having you as my partner, and am so happy smmarrt organized this. This is one of the first dolls I've made that I love my self.

Your doll is named Francie Nolan. She used to live in Brooklyn in the 1940's or so. She loved trees and came back as the wishing tree. That's the basic story. It was a little more embellished but I forgot that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012 03:10:38 PM »

Thanks for posting pics sharalee. This doll has the most amazing little details, and I really love her, no name yet and I love vintage magazines. Guess I didn't tell you, but that is perfect.

I loved having you as my partner, and am so happy smmarrt organized this. This is one of the first dolls I've made that I love my self.

Your doll is named Francie Nolan. She used to live in Brooklyn in the 1940's or so. She loved trees and came back as the wishing tree. That's the basic story. It was a little more embellished but I forgot that.

Francie Nolan that's great! I love the 40's so that's great! I love that Idea for the
 story! I'm glad you like the vintage magazines.  Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
dessadoll
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012 08:49:04 PM »

I am officially anxious!!

The tracking number said my package was delivered yesterday.  But I haven't heard anything.  This is when I worry....is my partner ok?  Did she not like what I sent?  Did it really not get delivered??? 

GAHHH I hate being patient.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mightyminniemouse
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012 03:26:31 AM »

I am officially anxious!!

The tracking number said my package was delivered yesterday.  But I haven't heard anything.  This is when I worry....is my partner ok?  Did she not like what I sent?  Did it really not get delivered??? 

GAHHH I hate being patient.  Roll Eyes

When I checked the tracking number last night, it said it was checking the address. Not sure what that means. It's not like my place is hard to find or anything. I've gotten packages before, my damned bills arrive without issue. I WANT MY DOLLY DAMMIT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There comes a time is every woman's life when she has to say to herself "What the hell was I thinking?!"
dessadoll
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012 07:19:33 AM »

Thats bizarre.  How can it say successfully delivered.  And then 14 minutes later say "Item on hold at postal facility to verify address of recipient" That's bonkers!  I know I put the right address on there.  I checked it at least 3 times before sending it.  How far away is the postal facility from you?

-opened up a complaint ticket with CanadaPost.  They said someone at your address refused the package.  I just verified the address you gave me, and apparently they will try again to deliver it. I raised a stink that it said it was delivered already.

p.s. I won't post pictures yet, just so I don't spoil her for you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012 07:38:47 AM by dessadoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012 09:58:40 AM »

This is what I sent Ashley G. - she can't find all her camera stuff.
Usually, when I make something, I come up with a name and a story; I didn't this time but my office mate named her Blue Belle:

She is based on a Lori Brown doll that I saw in Stuffed Magazine (by Somerset/Stampington).
She turned out a bit larger than I planned because I did NOT make a paper pattern, which I normally do, so she's about 18" tall.

Here she is with butterfly wings, which slip over her arms. I used hair scrunchies:

Here is the back of the wings:  

And I made a mermaid tail also - the fabric is a lucky find from the fabric store - and it stretches!
So I didn't have to add a casing or elastic:

And as an extra, I made Ashley an 8" x 8" doll ideas book:

The back of the book:

I hope Blue is happy with Ashley and visa versa. She was fun to make. Not so arty but whimsical and fantastical, per Ashley's wishes.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012 09:59:42 AM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
susanab

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012 12:29:59 PM »

wonderful new dolls in the gallery!
mightyminniemouse--she's GREAT! at first i thought the face was sculpted clay, then i saw you did it in fabric. that's looks awesome and also that you went for the wire armature--pro!!

very earthy, lovesclutter! i really like her base, with all of those flowers, but her hair and head are crazy interesting. that had to take a lot of time--everything sewn on--i cant see any telltale signs of glue there.

and sharalee--that doll is such an art doll Cheesy you ornamented her beautifully and i love her sheerness. she's extremely expressive. very very nice!

smmarrt!! she's so stinking cute--butterfly wings!!! mermaid tail!!! i love bluebelle--i love that her arms are sooo long that she can cross them expectantly. so poseable and fun!

i love this gallery! these are so great!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.co m
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012 02:38:06 PM »

Yay, more dolls. I love her smmarrt. The mermaid tail and the wings are such a clever idea. I'm glad it is a smaller swap because of the organizing headaches, but I loved what I made and loved what Sharalee sent, and love all of the interpretations. CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE MORE.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Smmarrt

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012 03:03:31 PM »

I'm hoping that mine will be waiting for me when I get home. If the mailman doesn't leave it, then I'll be able to go pick it up tomorrow from the P.O.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Working
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
3-D Bugs coming soon....
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thai Chicken Cashew recipe
How to Make Spring Rolls
How to make Coconut Chicken Soup - Thai Foodcast
How to make a Papaya Salad or Som Tam - Thai Foodcast
Dashi-Braised Shitakes with Brown Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...