A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,909
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chocolate Party  (Read 1875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suchakaren
« on: June 29, 2005 11:48:36 PM »

Hi there! I am a bit of an ansomniac (or however you spell it) at during a late night conversation with a friend of mine about Starburst, we began discussing chocolate, which led to the idea of a Chocolate Party. Here are the ideas for the party so far:

- The invitations will be actual chocolate bars, we are replacing the labels with ones we make ourselves.
- There weill be semi-formal (like church dress kinda) dress code which consists of white, cream, browns, and blacks.
- The only food served will be chocolate. We will do this potluck-style with ideas ranging from chocolate pizza, to chocolate fondue, to hot chocolate or chocolate soda (Ew! lol) and your staples: brownies, cookies, cakes, etc.
- We are watching the old version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory during the party (well, having it on in the background) and going to see the new one afterwards.

If you guys have any suggestions for decorations or anything else it would be very appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Giggles
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005 01:50:43 AM »

That sounds uber awesome! lol um maybe since u were gonna take the wrappers off of the chocolate bars u can use them to create a sort of decoration? I have no clue! lol u might want a stash of 'real food' cause sometimes after u eat a lot of something u cant stand it anymore! lol iono just somethin i thought Undecided

Kiss momo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art is amazing in any of its many forms.
Love is unexplainable.
Life is worth so much more than you can imagine.

Currently: In love with Daniel Donayre.
Reading: Johhny Got His Gun.
Starla

It's a piece of cake!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005 02:52:06 AM »

Um...can I come.  No really...please! Grin
Anyway for decorations maybe you can make big Hersey kisses out of aluminum foil.  Or cut out big circles from colored paper and draw/paint a big M on them for M&M's.  You could string them together for a banner or to go around tables or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ming
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005 07:24:58 AM »

There is a mexican dish that uses a savory chocolate sauce called mol. I don't particularly care for it (didn't like the texture.... or the taste), but I'm sure you can find a recipe for it online. I think they usually cook the sauce with chicken, that could help with having some "normal" food around to eat. Don't forget the strawberries dipped in chocolate. Good way to get some fruit into the system, but still enjoying chocolate!

I'm waiting eagerly for the new Wonka film... Road Dahl is my favourite children's literature author... although his "adult" stories are great too. A little dark, but I love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gette13
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005 09:18:32 AM »

Ohh!  So much fun! 
How about place settings of those chocolate initials you can get in dollar stores? 
Or placemats made of Hershey's fabric or something....I once made a fleece blanket for a chocolate friend in M&M fabric. 

Or, maybe give everyone a 'take home treat bag' with chocolate lip balm and other goodies!   

Don't forget the chocolate covered coffee beans, almonds, peanuts...(i could go on for hours!)

Perhaps watch the movie Chocolat in the background, or have the soundtrack playing....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be bold.  If you are going to make an error, make a doozy, and don't be afraid to hit the ball."  Billie Jean King
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005 12:07:21 PM »

That sounds great!  I agree, be sure to have some healthy food too.  I'm sure after hours of chocolate eating your guests will appreciate the carrots you put out for them.  Otherwise you'll have people throwing up all over the place. You could make a pinata filled with tootsie rolls, hershey bars, etc.  Pinatas are always fun.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005 12:15:29 PM »

i am fascianted by chocolate clay roses (just google chocolate clay). i had some as favors from a wedding years ago, and they were soooo good! it's basically a mix of melted chocolate and corn syrup, and you mold them into roses. they'd be great decorations- i'm sure everyone would be sooooo impressed. they'd look super on top of dark chocolate cupcakes with white chocolate icing and chocolate roses or butterscotch chip roses (in keeping with the clothing guidelines, of course  Smiley ) on top for decoration. what a fabulous idea for a party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
diyrulzduh

craftin my life away

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005 01:51:19 PM »

a)it would be cool to talk about or incoporate somehow tha politics of chocolate and how fair trade chocolate is really awesome because most chocolate has really bad karma due to how we get it. my friends wrote a zine about it and if you wanted maybe i could mail you a copy and you could read about it and think of something to due around that
b) one time i was at a party where there was alot of melted chocolate in a pot and tha only way that we could eat it was to lick it off domebody else(thats for a more scandalas party) but hey, chocolate brings out tha best, or worst in us after all
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stevenjames
what are you gonna make today?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005 06:24:59 PM »

Hi there! I am a bit of an ansomniac (or however you spell it) at during a late night conversation with a friend of mine about Starburst, we began discussing chocolate, which led to the idea of a Chocolate Party. Here are the ideas for the party so far:

- The invitations will be actual chocolate bars, we are replacing the labels with ones we make ourselves.
- There weill be semi-formal (like church dress kinda) dress code which consists of white, cream, browns, and blacks.
- The only food served will be chocolate. We will do this potluck-style with ideas ranging from chocolate pizza, to chocolate fondue, to hot chocolate or chocolate soda (Ew! lol) and your staples: brownies, cookies, cakes, etc.
- We are watching the old version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory during the party (well, having it on in the background) and going to see the new one afterwards.

If you guys have any suggestions for decorations or anything else it would be very appreciated!

If it's a sit down dinner, you can create edible, handwritten place cards.  You would melt chocolate chips and pour into a sandwich bag.  Snip the tip of the bag and pipe out the names (in cursive) onto wax paper, allow to set and pop those babies off the paper, you can stick them in the top of double chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

learn how to torch enamel: http://macaroniandglitter.com/classes

follow me on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/stevenjames
Robyn Lisa
Avid Reader

Jewrific

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005 11:29:40 PM »

everyone has had great ideas so far!

maybe a chocolate eating contest?

also, you mentioned chocolate pizza, it would be fun to have a chocolate pizza bar, so everyone can make their own, with their own toppings and such

for placemats you could make factsheets about the history of chocolate and laminate them so people can take them home as parting favors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Resculpt with Filter Manipulations
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Blowing Up a Planet P.2
3DS Max 9 Tutorial - Blowing Up a Planet P.1
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.4
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.5
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...