A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,201
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing inchie swap 4 - inchies, rinchies and twinchies edition (su 23/9-23/10)  (Read 5005 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 23, 2012 02:58:22 AM »

***CLAIMS ARE NOW FINNISHED FOR THIS ROUND - THANK YOU***

Made by crazy8alien for noooitaremybirthday in the Inchies, Rinchies and Twinchies! Oh My! Swap -Aug 2011

Discussion and Gallery for OIS4

Swap name: Ongoing inchie swap 4 inchies, rinchies and twinchies
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Nilmerg
Craftster member who is co-organising this swap: will recruit if more than 25 participants
Sign-up date range: September 23rd to October 23rd 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after date claim was made
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? Yes - 16 years

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
*International shipping is required*
*DC #s are not required but you will have to resend if the inchie set is not received*

Details of swap:
Welcome to the ongoing inchie swap 4. This round has a little bit of a twist. You can request inchies, rinchies or Twinchies! For anyone who is not sure what and inchie, rinchie or twinchie is or how to go about making one, here is a great post on the papercraft forums by phizzychick (who makes amazing inchies!) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303188.0

You will need to make a list of at least 8 themes for people to choose from. I will put up my list first and will wrap up the swap by making the last claim. Once you claim you will need to craft and send within 2 weeks of the claim date. You can request 8 inchies, 8 rinchies, 4 twinchies or a combination (ie 2 inchies, 2 rinchies and 2 twinchies OR 4 inchies and 4 rinchies etc)

Everyone is encouraged to join. If you can contain your art to a square of 1 inch, you can make an inchie (or a 1 circle for a rinchie or a 2 square for a twinchie!)! With that said, please make your inchies/rinchies and twinchies with love and care. Whether you paint, print, stamp, color, draw, ink or embellish, spend a bit of time and energy making the inchies you send to the best of your ability. Everyone you claim should receive inchies you are proud to have made and would love to receive.

- Friends of craftster will be allowed 5 outstanding claims.
- People who have completed one swap or more may have 3 outstanding claims
- New swappers may claim once, and 3 times once the first claim has been received (once you have received a message from the organiser allowing this).

Once these claims have been received, you may claim again. You can make as many (or as few) claims as you want throughout the duration of the swap as long as you never go over your allowed amount of outstanding claims. (An outstanding claim is a set of inchies that has not been received; when that set is received your number of outstanding claims goes down leaving you open to claim again.)

Making a claim:
When you make a claim please use the following layout in the swap forum:

Send by 20th October 2012
Nilmerg to anothercraftster for seasons

1/1/0
(Claims made /sent/that have been received)

Hi, Im Nilmerg and Im from NSW, Australia. Id like to receive a mix or inchies, rinchies and twinchies in this round. My favorite color is red, and I'm trying to collect red. I don't like the color green very much. My style is..... Id prefer not to receive any adult or political themes, or gore. I have no allergies. I'm trying to frame my inchies, so please no 3-d elements that are deeper than... (please list here anything that is important for your partner to know)

My themes are:
1. nature
2. wild animals
3. children's books
4. Halloween
5. Christmas
6. cross stitched
7. astronomy
8. European

Please only claim from the last person in the list / chain. When you claim, you should message the person you have claimed and ask for their address. You do not need to message me when you claim, Ill read this on the forum.

Sending and receiving
You MUST message me (Nilmerg) when you send or receive. When you message me about a send or receive, Please title the message 'OIS 3 Sent' or 'OIS 3 received' and please copy the first 2 lines of the claim you made ie:

Send by 20th October 2012
Nilmerg to anothercraftster for seasons

That is Date, sender name, receiver name and theme. Without this information it is impossible to keep track of the claims.

A quick round up of some essential information:
  • Your list must contain at least 8 themes
    You should also include your preference for inchies, rinchies, twinchies or a mix.
    For each claim, you must make:
    - 8 inchies
    - Or 8 rinchies
    - or 4 twinchies
    - OR or a mix of the above. (For mixed claims: one twinchie = 2 inchies/rinchies. Make sure you send the equivalent of 8 inchies.)
    You have 2 weeks to make and send each claim
    You must resend if inchies are lost in transit (Remember to keep your receipts we might need to see them).
    Do NOT message me when you claim
    DO message me as soon as you send or receive You need to include the send by date, your user name and the user name of the person you have sent to/received from as well as the theme.

Ongoing inchie swap Claims from October 1st to October 31st 2012
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (Nilmerg):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing inchie swap 4 (OIS4) inchies, rinchies and twinchies
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? YES
(This is a requirement of this swap.)
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
No DC# is required for this swap. Are you aware that you must resend if your inchie set gets lost in transit? YES / NO

How many claims can you have outstanding at one time?

What 4 pieces of information are you required to send to the organiser (Nilmerg) when you send AND receive?

Do you have access to a scanner or camera?
It is preferred (and polite) that you post photos of your received inchies in the gallery. Please inform your claimers if you do not have access so that they can take images before they send.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions please post them in the discussion thread or PM the organizer. This thread is specifically for claims only.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

(thanks also to the ongoing ATC swap organisers as I have used some of their organizational rules and text)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012 01:27:31 AM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012 02:59:18 AM »

Swap Participants:

5 Outstanding Claims
Nilmerg
seeuudee
Pioneer9
Smmarrt
kimchery

3 outstanding claims
Dr. Craft
goddessgarb
meowari

1 Outstanding claim

POSITIVE FEEDBACK HAS BEEN ASSIGNED FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS - THANK YOU

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012 12:38:42 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012 03:00:28 AM »

Please remember this thread is for claims only, please keep chat to the discussion / galley found HERE

LIST OF CLAIMS

Send by 15th October 2012
Dr. Craft to Nilmerg for non-paper (black and white)
Goddessgarb to Dr. Craft for fruits
Nilmerg to 'goddessgarb for a combination of themes

Send by 17th October
Seeuudee to nilmerg for artists choice in b&w/green theme.

Send by 18th October
Smmarrt to seeuudee for books/reading/libraries and single color textures and one artists choice

Send by 19th October
Pionneer 9 to Smmarrt for twinchies in a variety of her themes
Dr. Craft to pioneer9 for inchies, a combination of whimsical creatures and collage with photos
Nilmerg to dr. craft for a farm animals
Smmarrt to Nilmerg for b/w and green inchies and rinchies with nature, time, fingerprints and artists choice

Send by 25th October 2012
Seeuudee to Smmarrt for Sewing theme

Send by 27 October 2012
Dr. Craft to Seeuudee for single colour textures in inchies

Send 28 October 2012
Smmarrt to Dr. Craft for inchies in foreign languages, farm animals and hobbies

Send by 1st November 2012
Seeuudee to smmarrt (sorry, more inchies from me!) for (probably) Harry Potter theme

Send by 5th November 2012
Nilmerg to Seeuudee for favourite quote or sayings
meowari to nilmerg for (B&W) Zentangles, Non-paper, Buttons, and Artist choice.
Pioneer9 to meowari for cats and possibly other themes

Send by 7th November 2012
meowari to pioneer9 for whimsical/ quirky monsters or creatures and collage/ mixed media involving vintage photos.
Dr. Craft to meowari for vintage advertisements and tactile

Send by 8th November 2012
Kimchery to Dr. Craft for fruits, foreign languages, or farm animals

Send by 10th November 2012
meowari to kimchery for things with wings, glitter, and ?

Send by 11th November 2012
Smmarrt to meowari for a mix of Boston, Edward Gorey and hands

Send by 13th November 2012
Nilmerg to Smmarrt for a surprise!

***CLAIMS ARE NOW FINNISHED FOR THIS ROUND - THANK YOU***

Sent
Recieved
Contact organiser ASAP
Feedback left
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012 12:27:14 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012 02:18:14 PM »

Here is my list up a bit early, to provide some inspiration for yours.....

Send by ?? Oct 2012
Nilmerg to 'acraftster' for 'atheme'

0/0/0

Hi all inchiers Im Elaine and I live in Rural NSW, Australia. Im finishing off an inchie frame that is simply black and white (or greyscale, but no colour at all) and I'm also about to start one that is green. So if you could keep all of your inchies to just Black and white OR green, it would be much appreciated. 3D elements are fine, I prefer to recieve individual inchies rather than ones that go together to form a bigger picture. A wise swapper (smmarrt) once said to me Id prefer a badly hand drawn inchie to one covered in stickers and I tend to agree  Wink

I'm interested in recieving Inchies or Rinchies, but would prefer not to recieve Twinchies please.

I'd love it if you could add your username to the back of the inchie too please.

Themes:
1. Artist choice go on have fun, I love to see what people choose to draw
2. Celtic knots / pictish symbols or runes
3. Silhouettes of women - faces, hair, pregnancy, breastfeeding, bodies etc. (not sexually explicit please - but tasteful nudity is all good)
4. Nature - trees, flowers, leaves, vegetables etc
5. Zentangles
6. Music
7. Time
8. Farm
9. Finger prints
10. Steam Punk
11. Non-paper
12. Buttons
13. Flowers
14. Containing Crochet or knitted
15 CHRISTMAS - Any and all colours are fine for this theme only - non religious please.

Or inspired by anything on my inchie inspiration board http://pinterest.com/nilmerg/inchie-inspiration/

CLAIMS ARE NOW OPEN - Have fun  Wink
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012 03:47:49 AM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dr. Craft
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012 07:02:45 AM »

Dr. Craft to Nilmerg for non-paper (black and white)

1/0/0

Good morning from cloudy Ithaca, NY where the leaves are starting to turn beautiful colors. I recently learned about inchies and became quite enamoured with them, but have never swapped. Therefore, I'm willing to take a wide range -- any material, any color, etc. I tried to create themes that provide my partners with substantial flexibility. I'm a person who gets excited with surprises, so I'll like anything. Here are my themes:

1) serial (a set of inchies that together tell a story)
2) fruits
3) foreign languages
4) happy
5) flowers
6) celebrations (non-religious)
7) farm animals
Cool hobbies

THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012 10:53:04 AM »

Goddessgarb to Dr. Craft for fruits

1/0/0

Hello!  This is my first inchie swap, though I've done some ATC swaps and included a few inchies to try, and they're super fun.  For me, they're a way to get past artist's block, and seeing how others do the same is so inspiring.  I haven't swapped in awhile and figured this would be an easy, fun, inexpensive way to start up again.  3-D or flat is fine, as I will mount them without glass, and I prefer inchies or rinchies.  Thanks!  Okay, so here are my themes:

1.  Your favorite quote
2.  A song lyric
3.  Sewn, either paper or fabric
4.  Portraits
5.  Lace
6.  Beaded
7.  Watercolor
8.  Red
9.  Orange
10.  Yellow
11.  Green
12.  Blue
13.  Indigo
14.  Violet
15.  Foreign (non-English) words with translation
16.  Handmade stamps
17.  Maps
18.  Tiny book
19.  Glitter dust or pen (not the big pieces of glitter, please)
20.  Sand art
21.  Moving parts
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012 10:54:45 AM by goddessgarb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
nilmerg

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012 02:12:30 AM »

Send by 15th Cotober 2012
Nilmerg to 'goddessgarb for a combination of themes

1/0/0

Hi all inchiers Im Elaine and I live in Rural NSW, Australia. Im finishing off an inchie frame that is simply black and white (or greyscale, but no colour at all) and I'm also about to start one that is green. So if you could keep all of your inchies to just Black and white OR green, it would be much appreciated. 3D elements are fine, I prefer to recieve individual inchies rather than ones that go together to form a bigger picture. A wise swapper (smmarrt) once said to me Id prefer a badly hand drawn inchie to one covered in stickers and I tend to agree 

I'm interested in recieving Inchies or Rinchies, but would prefer not to recieve Twinchies please.

I'd love it if you could add your username to the back of the inchie too please.

Themes:
1. Artist choice go on have fun, I love to see what people choose to draw
2. Celtic knots / pictish symbols or runes
3. Silhouettes of women - faces, hair, pregnancy, breastfeeding, bodies etc. (not sexually explicit please - but tasteful nudity is all good)
4. Nature - trees, flowers, leaves, vegetables etc
5. Zentangles
6. Music
7. Time
8. Farm
9. Finger prints
10. Steam Punk
11. Non-paper
12. Buttons
13. Flowers
14. Containing Crochet or knitted
15 CHRISTMAS - Any and all colours are fine for this theme only - non religious please.

Or inspired by anything on my inchie inspiration board http://pinterest.com/nilmerg/inchie-inspiration/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seeuudee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smile!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012 11:41:44 AM »

Due 17th October
I claim nilmerg for artists choice in b&w/green theme.
1/0/0

Hiya. Im Gini and I live on the South Coast of England.

I am happy with you picking one theme for all 8 or 1 from 8 different themes. I am also happy for several inchies to join together to make up a bigger picture. Please could you put your Username and your inchie creation date on the back of each inchie.

Inchies or twinchies please, would prefer not to receive rinchies, but if there is one that you just need to do, I wont think badly of you!!  Grin

I completely agree with the sentiment Id prefer a badly hand drawn inchie to one covered in stickers.

Themes:
1.   Joss Wheedon related buffy, angel, firefly anything goes
2.   Books/reading/libraries
3.   Twilight books or films related
4.   Your favourite word or quote
5.   Anything role play related live, tabletop or computer game related
6.   Lord of the rings
7.   Single colour textures
8.   Artists choice
9.   I would love to put a frame together of all the inchie swappers I swap with, so I am looking for an artists choice inchie from each swapper that I swap with, with the inchie representing you.

I will update my post each time I receive one, so if your name is on the list, sorry, but I dont need another one from you.

Sakaki
Teamama
Nilmerg
Yoopidou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012 11:55:47 PM »

I claim Gini/seeuudee for books/reading/libraries and single color textures and one artists choice.
Send out 10/18/12.
1 claim/0 sent/0 received

Hi - I am Susan from San Francisco, CA. I would love twinchies but you can make a combo of all three - your choice. I'm easy.

My themes are:

1. Craftster
2. Sewing
3. Birds
4. Food
5. Drink
6. Art and Artists
7. Harry Potter spells, teachers and creatures
8. Paris

I love words on my inchies, rinchies and twinchies. And if you're so inspired, I'd love some fabric inchies, rinchies or twinchies! I use some in my art and travel journals and some will be used in my altered puzzles.
Thanks and have fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in late August
Fall Dotee Swap - Sign ups NOW!
pioneer9

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012 03:12:47 PM »

I claim Smmarrt for twinchies in a variety of her themes.
Send out Oct. 19
1/0/0

Hi. Im Valerie from NJ, USA. I love whimsical/ quirky art, in whatever your best medium is. I mount these in various art journals, so please keep them fairly thin (a layer or two of cardstock or watercolor paper is fine; corrugated cardboard or heavy/ rigid embellishments, not so much). Please nothing religious or scented. If you're making inchies, I would prefer "standalones" rather than ones that have to be combined to make an image. Any combination of themes is fine by me.

I would prefer twinchies or inchies.

Themes:
1. whimsical/ quirky monsters or creatures (from your imagination)
2. whimsical/ quirky people
3. collage/ mixed media involving vintage photos
4. characters from the TV show Battlestar Galactica (newer version)
5. the TV show Carnivale
6. the TV show Flashpoint
7. the TV show Farscape
8. the TV show Being Human (UK version)

**PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA OR SCANNER. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD TAKE A GALLERY PHOTO BEFORE SENDING, AS I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO. (sorry for the inconvenience!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Look Airport Chic Instantly with These Must-Have Travel Pieces
Jessica Biel Dazzles in a Nude Oscar De La Renta Dress
Off Book: Fashion of Artists
6 Stylish Olympians Who Have Amazing Off-Duty Style
Kate Bosworth Perfects Her Daytime Polish in Printed Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...