A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tons of easter egg wrappers  (Read 981 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

astarael
strawberry queen

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2005 11:48:07 PM »

me and my sister have collected tons of easter egg wrappers over the years and we're trying to think of a crafty way to use them up.  we've already made greeting cards and covered some notebooks with them, and we're all out of ideas now.

anyone know of a good project we could use them for???

thanks  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

unter dem mond, dem himmel, den sternen, hre nicht auf deinen verstand...nur auf dein herz

Swapping info: http://la--estrella.blogspot.com/2008/06/swapping-info.html

I'm up for personal postcard swaps - my handmade postcards (any theme) for your handmade or arty (store bought) postcards - PM
LRS
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005 07:06:15 AM »

More information please.  Are the wrappers foil?  cellophane?  what size?  All I can picture is Cadbury easter egg wrappers - but they often end up with some of the filling stuck to the foil, so I don't think you'd hang onto them for years.

LRS
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bags & purses:  Elaress.etsy.com
fabric bowls & boxes: ElaressAtHome.etsy. com
radio show/webcast:  www.FrugalYankee.co m
bElla
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005 11:23:51 AM »

Do you mean those plastic or cardboard coverings you put over/around actual eggs? Or candy wrappers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astarael
strawberry queen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005 08:24:35 PM »

they're the foil wrappers
THIS ROCKS   Logged

unter dem mond, dem himmel, den sternen, hre nicht auf deinen verstand...nur auf dein herz

Swapping info: http://la--estrella.blogspot.com/2008/06/swapping-info.html

I'm up for personal postcard swaps - my handmade postcards (any theme) for your handmade or arty (store bought) postcards - PM
nototouchthearth
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006 07:28:52 AM »

hey i was wondering what to do with those plastic coverings that go around the egg at easter, i think you boil them around the egg, actually.
mine are from when i was little and i have smurf and rainbow bright ones! what can i do with them besides decoupage? anyone? bueller?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties"
jodilee
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006 02:22:14 PM »

How about getting a piece of glass and drawing a picture on it with a black magic marker or felt pen. For example say you drew a plant in a pot with all the petals and things. Next paint all the surrounding of the glass black too. This leaves the drawing still transparent /glass. Use the coloured foil cut into pieces to fill in the plant in nice bright colours which will stand out against the black background. When done put the glass in a frame with the foil sandwiched between the glass and the frame.

This sounds very complicated and was harder to explain than it is to do. BUT we used to do this all the time when we were kids with wrappers off quality street sweets.

The effect is nice and all you need is an old frame with glass in , household black woodwork paint and some glue that dries clear ( you only use a dab here and there cos the glass in frame holds the foi lin place)

I hope you understand all this waffle. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeePea
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006 02:32:13 PM »

I'd probably make a cutlery set.. wrap them around the handles of knives/forks/whatever and then set them with varnish...

I don't know how dishwasher safe they'd be but you'd have dinner-ware for Easter time  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SparkleHorse
The Green Fairy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006 01:30:39 PM »

don't people make wallets out of candy wrappers? i guess they'd have to be plastic, not foil though.

jodilee...that's a cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"But why don't you scream now?" Alice asked, holding her hands ready to put over her ears again.

"Why, I've done all the screaming already," said the Queen. "What would be the good of having it all over again?"
LaughingLark
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006 02:00:46 PM »

It's been many years since I did this, and I don't have an example to show you, but I once covered an old picture frame with them. Not a valuable antique frame---just some beat up thing I bought for a quarter at a yard sale.

The ones I used were all different shades of blue and light greens, with no design printed on them, just the colored foil. I tore them into small, random pieces, and used a thin layer of glue to hold them in place on the frame. Before the glue was dry, I rubbed them down into the frame really well, so the design on the wood could be seen. I think I sprayed it with some kind of sealer when I was done. Basically, it was a foil collage of sorts. It was not very big, like maybe an 8X10 frame.

It came out pretty neat-looking, but I have no idea what the hell I did with it. I did have a watercolor I'd painted hanging on the wall for a while in this frame, but then we moved, and I have not seen it in at least fifteen years.   Roll Eyes 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use Light to Create Dynamic Images
How to Shoot marketing portraits
How to Photograph a Very Young Baby
How to Photograph a Nine Month Old Baby
How to Photograph a Dog in a Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...