A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
752 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Manor-Restoring The House That Max Built  (Read 859 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FinishYourCrafts.com
« on: March 05, 2013 08:05:00 AM »

30 years ago if someone would have told me that my husband and I would be living in the house that his grandparents built, I wouldn't have believed them.  Yet, that is exactly where we are today and loving it!  The path has been a long one to get us to this point. We have much work ahead of us to restore what we and the family lovingly refer to as "The Manor"  I have been promising to share our progress and that starts now.  In time I hope to piece together the story of, The House That Max & Eleanor Built.

To view more "before" & "after" pictures on the original post go to: http://createcraftchere.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-kitchen-is-my-happy-place.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013 10:27:32 AM »

You are so lucky to have been left with so many treasures...it is nice to see that you have blended them in with your own personal treasures as well!  What a lovely job you did...the turquoise is lovely and more modern than the green..and it goes well with the black and white accents you used as well as the red...just so homey and vintage yet suitable for a modern family...

I could not help but notice that you used a very pretty flower crochet potholder for a curtain tieback...I have collected those for years and you have shown a unique way to use them so they are displayed for all to see!

Can't wait to see your adventures in future restoration work on your home...it is a labor of love...

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FinishYourCrafts.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013 12:39:39 PM »

Dear Alwaysinmyroom,

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me such a nice comment.  You really did sum up what I was hoping to achieve.  My collection consist of many things that I inherited from my mother's collection, what I have collected through gifts or things that I have picked up at estate sales.  Through the years I have learned to hang on to the things I love and to let go of the things I can.  ~Best Wishes

P.S.  About the crocheted pot holder, I loved that idea too.  I saw something similar in a magazine once.    Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JS

** 29 AGAIN?? ** Talk about recycling!! **

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013 03:17:15 PM »

Congratulations!  What a truly fabulous thing - able and willing to keep the familial homestead in the family; adding your own touches and styles yet maintaining the house's integrity; .. so many thoughts and emotions running through my head right now... FinishYourCrafts has worded it all so well ... This will be wonderful to watch as you delve into the projects ahead.  I love what you did with your potrack, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 4/5
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 1/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 4/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 6/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 7/29
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...