A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fem! 11th Doctor Costume  (Read 2581 times)
Tags for this thread: 11th_doctor  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

11denson
Basically, I have two speeds. Hostile or smart-alek. Your choice.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2012 05:04:14 AM »

In honor of the 7th series debut, I decided to throw together a fem!Doctor cosplay. 11 is my favorite (even though 10 was my first), and for those who don't know, 11 wears a variety of different shirts throughout his era. The bowtie and suspenders usually switch back and forth from maroon to blue.
I finally decided to go with the ensemble he wears in the episode 'Closing Time', which is a light blue shirt and maroon bowtie and suspenders. He wears his greatcoat and also gets a Stetson at the end. Unfortunately, I don't have either of those things, but I plan drafting a pattern for a 'female' version of the greatcoat. The stetson...to be honest, I HATE stetsons, so I'll just keep my eye out at flee-markets, peddlers malls, yard sales and whatnot. Because I'm not paying $20 for a cowboy hat. Maybe $15, but that's pushing it.

*Jacket (Goodwill)-- Nothing was changed, but I'm considering putting an inside pocket on the left. The brand is 'Hot Kiss'...whatever that is...

*Shirt (Goodwill)--- Literally nothing special. I bought it white and used Rit Dye (Navy Blue). The trick is to not add too much dye to the water and only dunk the fabric in once or twice. I'll be changing the buttons. I also need to alter the sleeves so they don't stick out of the jacket.

*Shorts (Goodwill)--- The ugliest things on the planet. The pictures I have so far are of them before they were altered. Believe me, they look a lot better now. I'm getting rather fond of high-waisted bottoms. They are so dang comfortable. You can easily find tutorials explaining how to alter them. just look it up on YouTube.

*Shoes (Goodwill)--- Originally from Rue 21. When I bought them, they were a bright tan color. The material is made with leather-look-a-like, and I wanted them to look blackish. First I tried black polish. It made the color darker, but not what I wanted. It was too shiny and not dark enough. I then painted it over with black acrylic and that did the trick. However, the paint is chipping off, so I'm not quite sure what to do about it. But it gives it character, so I might not paint over it or anything.

*Tights (Target)--- On sale for $4. Bullseye.

*Bowtie (Handmade)--- I used this tutorial: http://www.angelaosborn.com.au/diy-bow-tie-free-pattern/
And this to learn how to tie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoUre0ugkmI
I've ordered a pre-tied bowtie from amazon, but I'm getting attached to the one I made~

*Suspenders (Claires)--- Found them for half the price: http://www.claires.com/store/goods/Tweens/cat890002/Suspenders/p43936/Tape-Measure-Suspenders/
I had already had them before deciding on this cosplay. Of course, they are not maroon. I tried two different methods before deciding on the last. First I tried dying with watered down acrylic. Didn't work at all. Then I tried simply painting the color on there, but it looked pretty bad. So I just settled with this method (who knew it's so difficult to find maroon suspenders?!)-- I took the same fabric from the bowtie and put the fabric over the suspenders. They don't stretch, of course, but they look the part and that's all that really matters. I hadn't modified them yet when these pictures were taken, but I'll have pictures redone soon.

*greatcoat--- I'll be drafting a pattern from a trenchcoat I already have: http://compare.ebay.com/like/270832990285?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar
(I've got the orange one). It'll need modifying, of course, but I have a feeling it will be a while before I even think more on this.

Thanks for looking, everyone!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012 08:18:21 AM »

Very cute!  I love the little jacket. I love eleven!! I love your hair! Smiley

If I saw you on the street wearing that, I would know you were a Whovian!

Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
Lizzythellama
Cooking

All hail the mighty llamas!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012 12:46:27 PM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I try to cook something, I end up eating it before I'm done.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tie-Dye Your Cheesecake for a Festive Easter Feast
How to Make Candy Dots, the Homemade Way
Hummingbird Cake Recipes
How to Make Flowerpot Desserts
Treat Your Sweet Tooth to This Chocolate Mousse Crumble
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...