A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Round 7 Gallery  (Read 25382 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivoryh1632
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2012 03:25:36 AM »

adoring all the love for 10, awsome stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2012 10:40:47 AM »

I love Eleven doll. I feel like i would put him in my purse and take him everywhere with me if i had one. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
mthrasher138
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I ♥ personal swaps!

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2012 01:29:31 PM »

Love the Tardis pin cushion and the bracelet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2012 09:08:49 PM »

There are so many neat things in the gallery, I've been able to look at them, but haven't had a chance to reply (I wish there was a mobile app because I usually check out the pics on my phone, but I always have difficulty writing replies). 

I've seen a lot of people have printed on fabric.  What methods do you all use?  I iron on some heat and bond and cut the fabric to regular paper size and run it through the printer no prob.  The only thing with this method is that then I have the heat and bond papered to the back.  So far it's worked out fine and I've just ironed the printed fabric onto whatever medium I'm working with (paper, wood, other fabric...).  But I'd like to know of another way to do it in case I don't plan on 'gluing' the fabric to anything.

Moving right along, I'm happy to report that I've received a great package from Bunnie Boo!  I had to go to the post office to pick it up and I was so excited, I ripped into it before leaving the parking lot!  I was very pleased with what I found!

I love this little guy!  I sat in the car and put him on my keys right then.  He's so cute!!

Next I found an excuse to begin a Hoopla wall!  Ten is my fave, so Bunnie Boo created this cross stitch pattern just for me  (thank you so much Debbie, it made me feel special to read that  Grin)!  She was afraid that his face is too chubby, but I think it's perfect!  I love that he has little rosy cheeks!

Next I saw a Dalek on some canvas.  At first I thought it might be a bag, but upon closer inspection, I saw that it was a cushion cover!  I love the placement and curve of the word "Exterminate."  I put it on a couch cushion as soon as I got home, and guess what...it fit perfectly!!

Last but not least was the heaviest item...  The pages are all unlined, so I'm excited to use this for some zentangles, ideas, and probably a lot of "Bad Wolf" doodling!  Bunnie Boo did a great job with the panels on this.  I'm not sure what she used, but it looks amazing!  The paint is two-toned, so it gives the journal just the right amount of character!   

Thank you for everything Bunnie Boo.  I love it all!

PS - I hope you receive your package soon and like it as much as I like mine.  I sent it nearly a week ago and it hasn't even made it out of the yet Sad.  I'm hoping it goes on a plane tonight, defies time laws, and makes it to you by the end of the week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2012 11:32:05 PM »

Another awesome TARDIS journal! The Dalek cushion cover is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
ivoryh1632
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2012 12:29:57 AM »

love that dalek pillow. also, did you paint your house key to look like the tardis? that's awsome.

as for the printed fabric question, personally if i'm printing an image straight from the computer i use a gel transfer method, and then seal the fabric with a textile medium. other than that i just use a screen print or freezer paper stencil or just trace an image onto the fabric with carbon paper and paint it by hand. but i'm also interested in what other people are doing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spoopy
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2012 04:29:47 PM »

OMG I recieved my package from Medusalisa today! It is insane and amazing! It might take me a day or two to post pictures (I'm crazy busy at work and one of the items got a little damaged and I want to try to fix it). Get your pinning fingers ready though guys I have so many awesome things to show and I was spoiled to the ends of the universe! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lancmaltby
Vintage collector and crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2012 06:44:43 PM »

Printing on fabric .... I found this amazing product that you can print a picture onto fabric. I used it to make the picture of the Tardis for my pin cushion. It's called Lumi http://lumi.co/. They were on kickstarter back in August and I was able to  buy a kit and use it for this swap - I totally love it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2012 10:49:31 AM »

I received a couple of days ago, but had some issues with iTunes and my cell phone. They are resolved now, so I introduce my lovely package from the_canadian_lynx:

first, every thing was packaged in this sturdy blue tote with 10's hallmark:

and inside!

a surprise bag with:

jelly babies!

and:

and:

(red fez cufflinks)

and:

Thank you, Lynx, for all your hard work! It was a  great swap and you were an awesome partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
Spoopy
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2012 03:03:36 PM »

I recieved a few days ago from Medusalisa, I'm sorry it took so long the store I'm working at is moving and the last few days have been insane since their have been moving guys taking product to the new store (which is a few doors down in the strip mall) and the store was open during all this so I pretty much worked and then went to bed! Anyway my package is amazing and I was spoiled so much! Take a look at be jealous!  Grin

First up is a set of knit TARDIS wrist warmers right off my pinterest! I have warn them already and they fit perfect.

Next is some awesome pop art of the master, 10th doctor and a dalek!

Next is a piece of the TARDIS! I almost screamed when I pulled this out of the box.

And here is I think my favorite part of the package, A FREAKING REMOTE CONTROL DALEK!  Shocked

Isn't it amazing! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Sadly the car had been turned on during the trip so the batteries are dead, but when I get some more (it takes 6 and I don't have that many lying around) the exterminating will begin!  Grin

I also got some Texas things since that is where she is from. I didn't get a picture of the cups but I did of this:

I can now make Texas toast!  Wink (I laughed when I first realized this!)

Thank you so much Medusalisa! This has been like the best swap ever, I was so happy and excited about everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Volume in Your Hair for Christmas
Messy Braids Hairstyle: Backstage at Nicole Miller Spring 2014 Show
How to Do Retro Rockabilly Hair
How to Use Dry Shampoo
How to Do Bright Ombre Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...