A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,705
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who Round 7 Gallery  (Read 24567 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissSadieMae
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2012 06:02:49 PM »

Those reusable bags are so awesome.. I want my own set now lol  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mthrasher138
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I ♥ personal swaps!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2012 05:53:02 AM »

Love the Ten apron and the Weeping Silence!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2012 05:44:25 PM »

I got the most wonderful package today from kittyherman!!  I'm so in love with it.

First, I got the cutest hair bows! The cream one says "Spoilers" and the red one has the Tenth Doctors 3D glasses on them.

I haven't taken them out of my hair yet Smiley

And I got a bunch of River art!! I love all three so much. As you can tell, they are already on my wall and I couldn't be happier!

I LOVE the gold glitter used in the River portrait!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2012 11:06:14 PM »

wow, the ten apron is genious, and those patches on the bag are great. love the tarrot cards and i'm pretty sure i'll have nightmares about that weeping silence tonight. those bows are so cute, i especially love the 3d glasses one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmyLynn98
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2012 07:42:37 AM »

Oh...mah...God, Shynii........YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
I got my swap goodies from Shynii and Friday and she is an amazing artist!!!

Shynii painted just all of the packaging with this beautiful outer space watercolor design.

I wonder what was in this little pouch...

OMG, it's an adorable portrait of Tom Baker!!!! Right now, I have this tucked into a mirror frame in my crafting room. I'm fighting the weirdest urge to color it, for some reason. I think I might scan it and save it as a JPG so I can "color" it later on in Photoshop without ruining her work.

A TARDIS pin and necklace. If you hold the TARDIS up to the light, you can see light coming through the windows. "The Doctor is in!" On the charms with the necklace, she translated my name into Gallifreian. AWESOME!!!!!

The jewelry came in this starry pouch, complete with a leather TARDIS tag, which has a cut out D for Doctor on the other side.

PSYCHIC PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But here we go...the best part...Shynii drew a beautiful, thoughtful portrait of #4 (that's my second favorite doctor and where I'm currently at in watching the entire series), and put him in a Gallifrian-themed frame with a clay Dalek adornment.

THANK YOU, SHYNII!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot. com/
shynii
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2012 12:18:30 PM »

Yay Amy! I'm soooo glad you liked everything. Since this was my first swap I was really nervous, but now I can see why these swaps are so popular - they're addictive!
I received an amazing package in return from AmyLynn98! First a group pic:

This is what my boyfriend and I found when we opened the package (well, my boyfriend was pretty excited so he kinda... ripped the box in half instead of trying to cut the tape)! Two very well made pieces!!!
The knitted Dalek (or crocheted? Doesn't matter cuz I love it!!!):

EXTERMINATE! (Pssssh, books don't stand a chance against a Dalek)
Even my kitty loves it!

And then, personally my favorite, the TARDIS bag!

Holy Bejesus this thing is awesome! It's such a great size, I think I'll use it to carry my books to and from the library (haha, books are bigger on the inside!)
And it even has POCKETS! Look at the pretty inside!

Thank you so much AmyLynn98!!! Everything was gorgeously made, I'm so lucky! This has been an amazing swap and I can't wait to do another round Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dr. Who Swap - Success!
Interested in Personal Swaps

My Blog: http://castlelabyrinth.wordpress.com
My DeviantArt: http://shynii.deviantart.com
MissSadieMae
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2012 01:28:41 PM »

I love those River paintings.. The one blowing the kiss is so cool.. And that drawing of 4 is so good along with the frame.. And the crochet Dalek I need a Dalek to add to my growing collection lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2012 01:49:40 PM »

The hair bows are adorable. I love the way River's hair looks in the wall art. Gorgeous.

The TARDIS pin, necklace, and drawstring bag are awesome.
Psychic paper! I want!

Cute Dalek! Did you use a pattern, AmyLynn? This guy looks cuter than any of the patterns I've seen.
And that bag is amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
AmyLynn98
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2012 02:01:49 PM »

The crochet Dalek used to be online, as a free pattern. However, I haven't been able to find it anymore, so here is the pattern here:

Materials:
Red Heart Super Saver yarn (6 oz), light grey or any worsted weight yarn, color of choice.
Black scrap yarn, approx. 3 yards.
F hook.
Stitch Marker(s)
Large eye sewing needle
Stuffing (fiberfill, etc.)
Button(s) suitable for plunger arm/head bumps

Pattern is worked from top down. Rows 10 and 22 are the rows that create the dalek's nose and arms (ch 5/ ch Cool. Do not make these stitches too tight or your dalek will have curly arms.

Please note: Mark each row, worked in rounds and joined by a sl st.

Body:
1) Ch 6, sl st in to first st to form ring.
2) Ch 1. 2 sc in each st all around (12 sts)
3) Sl st to join, ch 1. *sc in nxt st, 2 sc in nxt st * Repeat from * to * (18 sts)
4) Sl st to join, ch 1. *sc in nxt 2 sts. 2 sc in nxt st * Repeat from * to * (24 sts)
5) Sl st to join, ch 1. *sc in nxt 3 sts. 2 sc in nxt st * Repeat from * to * (30 sts)
6) Sl st to join, ch 1. *sc in nxt 4 sts, 2 sc in nxt st * Repeat from * to * (36 sts)
7 - 9) Sl st to join, ch 1. Sc in ea st. (36 sts)
10) Sl st to join, ch 1. sc in each st to st #18. Ch 5, turn, 4 sc sts in outside loop only. Continue Sc in next 18 sts. (36 sts)
11 - 13) Sl st to join, ch 1. Sc in each st (36 sts)
14) Sl st to join, ch 2. *hdc in back loop only nxt 5 sts, 2 hdc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to * (42 sts)
15 - 16) Sl st to join, ch 2. *hdc in back loop only nxt 6 sts, 2 hdc in nxt st * Repeat from * to * (48 sts)
17) Sl st to join, ch 1. *sc in nxt 7 sts, 2 sc in nxt st. * Repeat from * to * (54 sts)
18) Sl st to join, ch 1. Sc in each st (54 sts)
19 - 21) Sl st to join, ch 2. *fpsc in nxt 4 sts, bpsc in nxt 4 sts. * Repeat from * to * (54 sts)
22) Sl st to join, ch 2. *fpsc in nxt 4 sts, bpsc in nxt 4 sts* Repeat from * to * for entire row. On 17th st, sl st around post, ch 8. Turn, sc in back loop only (7 st). Sl st in fpsc of st 18. Continue bpsc in nxt 2 sts. *fpsc in nxt 2 sts, bpsc in nxt 2 sts* repeat from * to * (12 sts). Sl st around post of st 29. Ch 8. Turn, sc in back loop only (7 sts). Sl st in fpsc of st 30.
*Bpsc in nxt 2 sts, fpsc in nxt 2 sts.* Repeat from * to * (54 sts)

23 - 25) Sl st to join, ch 1. Sc in each st. (54 sts)
26) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 8 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to * (60 sts)

PC=popcorn stitch
27) Sl st to join, ch 3. *Pc in nxt st. Dc in nxt 3 sts.* Repeat from * to * (60 sts)
28 - 29) Sl st to join, Ch 1. Sc in ea st (60 sts)
30) Repeat row 27
31 - 32) Repeat row 28
33) Sl st to join, Ch 3. *Pc in nxt st, dc in nxt st, 2 dc in nxt st, 1 dc in nxt st. Pc in nxt st, 1 dc in next 3 sts.* Repeat from * to *. (68 sts)
34) Sl st to join, ch 1. sc in ea st. (68 sts)
35) Repeat row 34
36) Sl st to join, Ch 3. *Pc in nxt st, dc in nxt 4 sts, pc in nxt st, dc in nxt 3 sts.* Repeat from * to *. Dc in remaining sts (68 sts)
37-38) repeat row 34 (68 sts)
39) Sl st to join, ch 1. 2 sc in nxt st. sc in nxt 33 sts, 2 sc in nxt st. sc in nxt sts (72 sts)
40) St st to join, ch 1. *sc in nxt 10 sts, 2 sc in nxt st* Repeat from * to *. Sc in nxt 3 sts (76 sts)
41) sl st to join, ch 1. Sc in ea st, sl st in last st to finish. (76 sts) Leave a length of yarn approximately 1 yd in length to stitch base to body of Dalek.

Base:
1) Ch 6, join with sl st to form ring.
2) Sl st to join, ch 1. 2 sc in ea st (12 sts)
3) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt st, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (18 sts)
4) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 2 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (24 sts)
5) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 3 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (30 sts)
6) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 4 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (36 sts)
7) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 5 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (42 sts)
Cool Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 6 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (48 sts)
9) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 7 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (54 sts)
10) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 8 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (60 sts)
11) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 9 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. (66 sts)
12) Sl st to join, ch 1. *Sc in nxt 10 sts, 2 sc in nxt st.* Repeat from * to *. Sc in last sts. Sl st to finish.

Stuff dalek body with fiberfill, shape with hands to desired plumpness. Sl st base to bottom opening of dalek body.

Add decorative stitching detail to dalek using large-eye needle and black yarn. Stitch button to end of right arm of dalek to create a manipulator/plunger arm. Add other buttons as desired for head bumps or jaunty accessories. EXTERMINATE!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay me! My zombie garden gnome was named a 2013 Featured Project: Home Sweet Home: Interiors & Exteriors! Thanks for voting for him!

Check out my posts on Geek Crafts or at amylynn98.blogspot. com/
ivoryh1632
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2012 03:56:36 PM »

Thanks for sharing that pattern! That dalek is great, the tardis bag looks amazing and those drawings are so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear PVC Vinyl Skirt
Your Thong Could Be Sabotaging Your Health
5 Fabulous Looks That Support Breast Cancer Charities
Get The Rachel Bilson Style
3 New Ways to Style a Striped Sweater
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...