A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 90
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap Winter Market-Discussion Thread!  (Read 98155 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #860 on: January 04, 2013 06:02:41 PM »

Calluna! I live about an hour away from Solvang! They have the BEST Ableskivers (sp?) ever! So delicious and their candy store--especially the salt water taffy---if worth splurging on  Wink

Oh! I didn't realize that's where you live -- I was born in Ventura and semi-grew-up there!  Grin  Have you met DesignVigilante yet? (I still need to)

I'm so glad that tentacle bag went to suereal; she really is the perfect recipient!
I'm making a blank book over the weekend for my supervisor's birthday. And making another hat for someone else, and some snazzy armwarmers for me (I got me a skein of Red Heart Boutique Magical that I'm really excited to play with). Then starting some yoga classes, somewhere in between.  Cheesy I really haven't made progress on anything to offer in the next round of STS yet!  Embarrassed And one of my resolutions is to develop my outer-life instead of hiding in my inner world all the time (I love my inner life, but it's time I start bringing some of its awesomeness out to share!)...which means somewhat less art and crafting, when I sense that I'm using it as a crutch to wall off the rest of the world. Maybe it will also mean more yakking on Craftster, though.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 04, 2013 08:28:50 PM »

What is everyone doing craftwise? And what are they interested in for the next STS round?

I have started sock knitting but not getting very far on the second sock. The yarn I need another ball of is discontinued. I think I'll wait a few weeks before frogging it, though, in case the ravellers I pm'd are still away. I haven't desiced what to do for the next round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #862 on: January 05, 2013 06:18:58 AM »

I'm not sure what I'm going to offer in the next round.  I made a couple of wallets from a pattern I bought on impulse that I might put in.  I am going to change some things about the construction to suit my needs now that I have the basic idea down.  I really need to destash so things -- my craftroom is plugged up with stuff!

I understand the concept of using crafting to avoid real life, calluna.  I started art journaling and I can't stop. Things just came together finally -- I've been wanting to do this for awhile.  I bought a video from cloth paper scissors on clearance a while ago and watched it when I got home from DC after Christmas. Since I got a beautiful journal from avesthal in the STS appreciation swap this year, I decided to paint some backgrounds just for fun.  Now I can't stop.  I got a journal with backgrounds already painted from alteredmommy some time ago (in the random swap maybe?)  and between these two books, I am spending an inordinate amount of time . . .  I can't decide if this is much needed inner life exploration or a cop out! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #863 on: January 05, 2013 08:55:24 AM »

Happy New Year, everyone!

I might have yarn to offer, since I seem to have bought too much here lately...

I've been getting into knitting mittens lately, and am interested in making
some like this:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dainty-bubbles
or
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/long-flap-fingerless-mitts-worsted-weight-version
or
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spruce-tree-mittens
or
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fetchingly-cute-mittens
and on & on & on   Smiley
is anyone in need of mittens?

eta:  I forget when the next round starts, so maybe mitts would not be appropriate
for spring?  will keep pondering....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013 08:56:37 AM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #864 on: January 05, 2013 09:04:41 AM »

Next round starts in February, kayrun.  Snow doesn't melt around here until late April, so I'm always needing mittens.  Right now I'm wearing blue mittens, one each from two different pair I've made but lost mates to.  I don't think anyone notices.  If they do, I don't care.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #865 on: January 05, 2013 09:07:57 AM »

Next round starts in February, kayrun.  Snow doesn't melt around here until late April, so I'm always needing mittens.  Right now I'm wearing blue mittens, one each from two different pair I've made but lost mates to.  I don't think anyone notices.  If they do, I don't care.  Cheesy

LOL -- love the last part of your post!

thanks for the info~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #866 on: January 05, 2013 12:09:14 PM »

I'm hoping to offer Alice in Wonderland tags/cards in the coming round.  I want to play more with paper and I am feeling like coloring so hopefully these will come together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #867 on: January 05, 2013 03:07:55 PM »

Speaking of paper, the givers and needers swap needs "needers" who would like to received papercrafting goods!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #868 on: January 05, 2013 09:41:02 PM »

Calluna! I live about an hour away from Solvang! They have the BEST Ableskivers (sp?) ever! So delicious and their candy store--especially the salt water taffy---if worth splurging on  Wink

Oh! I didn't realize that's where you live -- I was born in Ventura and semi-grew-up there!  Grin  Have you met DesignVigilante yet? (I still need to)

I just noticed this comment, it's funny that you mention me. IsikkahJai is my cousin (well, technically my husband's cousin but we're still family Smiley ).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #869 on: January 06, 2013 09:14:25 AM »

Its a small Craftster world Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Needlepoint with Wool
How To Wind The Bobbin On Your Machine
How to Use an Embroidery Hoop
How to Make a Basting Stitch
How to Back Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...