A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 90
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap Winter Market-Discussion Thread!  (Read 96337 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #520 on: October 30, 2012 10:21:53 AM »

Added a new wrap bracelet to my shop and an option for a custom wrap bracelet or cuff bracelet. 

I'm working on a couple items for my shop this week, as well.  Hopefully they go over well.  ^_^  And I hope to have something new and exciting to offer next week, if it all goes well.  I attempted to make pottery buttons during pottery class.  They were fired and now just need to be glazed.  I'm anxious to see how they turn out!  So, if enough of them turn out, I will be offering some up.  I made other things in pottery class, but nothing that I want to give away.  This is my first time doing stuff on the wheel, and its oh so totally fun!  Sadly, my classes are up and I will start a new set in January when I can afford it, but they are letting me finish up my stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
indigo_roses
« Reply #521 on: October 30, 2012 10:41:00 AM »

This is my first time doing stuff on the wheel, and its oh so totally fun!  Sadly, my classes are up and I will start a new set in January when I can afford it, but they are letting me finish up my stuff.

I know, isn't pottery great? I wish I had the time/money to take another class! I took it my senior year of college and I felt like I was in the studio all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #522 on: October 30, 2012 10:58:28 AM »

This is my first time doing stuff on the wheel, and its oh so totally fun!  Sadly, my classes are up and I will start a new set in January when I can afford it, but they are letting me finish up my stuff.

I know, isn't pottery great? I wish I had the time/money to take another class! I took it my senior year of college and I felt like I was in the studio all the time.

It does eat up a lot of your time!  I can see that if you are really into pottery that you really wouldn't have time for other hobbies.  I was going in three days a week, getting my money's worth!  I'm kinda glad its over with for right now because I was really getting cramped for free time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #523 on: October 30, 2012 11:08:11 AM »

I loved the pottery class I took as well but the leaving of the house really got in the way of my enjoyment.  Now if I had a wheel and a kiln in my house like some people I know I would be throwing clay like no tomorrow Cheesy  likely at my prime crafting time of midnight-2am....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Angelicus
« Reply #524 on: October 30, 2012 11:31:14 AM »

Thanks for all the job congratulations people Smiley Also, I hope everyones got through the storm safe and sound.

I've finally managed to update my shop a little bit - I'm now offering customised crochet fingerless gloves for 1 point Smiley I've got a whole range of (mainly acrylic) yarn at home and can do most crochet stuff so please just send me a pic or pattern if thats something you would like.

I've also got some clay ornaments on the go, which I should be able to put up sometime tonight/tomorow. I'm thinking of offering both unpainted and painted ones.

Is anyone interested in card making supplies? I've got quite a bit of stuff but make very few cards nowadays.

Also, I'm still really struggling to get decent photographs. I think that is half my cameras fault but even so...if anyone can point me in the direction of some good tutorials/have some tips that would be really lovely Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #525 on: October 30, 2012 11:54:39 AM »

I loved the pottery class I took as well but the leaving of the house really got in the way of my enjoyment.  Now if I had a wheel and a kiln in my house like some people I know I would be throwing clay like no tomorrow Cheesy  likely at my prime crafting time of midnight-2am....

Cheesy  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: October 30, 2012 12:11:12 PM »

Would anyone be interested in a horse's rear faux taxidermy similar to this except in a gray type horse?

I've heard from a lot of people that it would make a funny Christmas present  Wink I just happen to have a half a horse to spare so let me know haha.

Angelicus - A lightbox is an awesome way to get great pictures and not too hard to put together. You could search instructables for a bunch of simple tutes on how to put one together. Otherwise, natural light is your friend. And a simple clean background.

Glad to hear everyone is doing ok in the storm.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012 12:11:53 PM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #527 on: October 30, 2012 01:03:02 PM »

Angelicus, I second the recommendation for a light box! My pictures are a lot better when I use mine (just a simple homemade one). I made mine with a clear plastic tub, and when I'm done using it (and the lights have cooled) everything just goes into the tub for storage.  Smiley I believe jillybeans created a tutorial for one, which is where I got my inspiration from.

ETA: I just searched "light box tutorial" and came up with this post that has lots of links to easy ones to make - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349514.msg4073454#msg4073454
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012 01:30:53 PM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #528 on: October 30, 2012 01:13:07 PM »

Even if you don't want to make a light box (I LOVE mine now) but before I just made sure to not have stuff in the background...I would lay down a plain sheet of paper for the background or take pictures outside in natural light...that always helped.  One day, I carried my entire yarn stash outside to take pictures to list it on raverly...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iota1617

Wildness is a necessity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: October 30, 2012 01:32:03 PM »

I like to use a stretched canvas as a background when I can.  It's clean and bright but you still get a nice texture.  Michaels and JoAnns often have them on sale for 40% or 50% off.

And taking pictures outdoors in natural light always works the best. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ain't afraid of God, devil, death, nor destruction. Them's my four aces.

Wild Notions - http://www.wild-notions.com
Textile Designs: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/wildnotions
www.modernyardage.com/shop/category/shop-by-designer/katie-schrader/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 90 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Justin Somper Talks About Empire of Night
Editor Emily Meehan Talks About Hush, Hush
David Mas Masumoto Talks About Wisdom of the Last Farmer
Leila Sales Talks About Mostly Good Girls
Chuck Hogan Talks About The Town
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...