A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first Hand Etched Spoon Pendant ^_^  (Read 6378 times)
Tags for this thread: pendant , spoon , etched , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oralabora
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012 11:23:08 PM »

No you are not over stepping boundaries. You are very helpful. I probably should have used the red bead on top of this one. I used the clear one because I was using soooo much red in the other ones I made. With this one I thought I should just mix it up a bit and use the clear bead. Also I didn't want to take away from the daisy image itself. I wanted the eyes to go directly to the daisies. But I will use the red beads with the daisies next time. I will be doing more tomorrow. I like the red bead too. Thank you.... I also like your idea of mixing ribbon and cords but I am a little nervous about doing that. Don't you think it might be a little over the top? I used chain because weeeellll honestly because that is how I seen the other spoon jewelry put together by other jewelry makers. I could take a chance and stand out even more then I am with the ribbon and cord. I'll just experiment with it and see how I can work it out. This is still all new to me. Thanks again for all the helpful tips. I appreciate it ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oralabora
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012 12:07:22 AM »

I see what you are talking about. I like the ribbon and the cord... I tried the ribbon and the cord together just now. I like it a lot. It don't seem to be over the top at all and it fits well with the spoon. I have to buy better ribbon and cord to really make it look nice but so far I like it. Thanks a lot again for the tip ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunfilly
Sew Sonny

"imagination is worth more then knowledge"Albert E

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012 12:40:19 AM »

Cool I saw your first post first, then was going to say try it you will visually see it is it is right, but you did that already lol!!! You will know, but you have to see it with your eyes first, then your creative mind will say yes that is right or no that sucks lol!!!. And like I said it depends on the diameter of the cord, chain, the ribbon or lace and of course the color, to make it right, if you use too thick of a ribbon and cord for the piece it would not work. The size of the material is what is going to make it or break it. Seems like you may have it though. It is all about balance. Experiment with different widths, mix medium with small, small with more small, or one bold big one that will not compete with the pendant. And I see your concern about using a red bead that bead is very big compared to the flower, so maybe a smaller bead. If you go smaller with the bead, you may be able to use more then one bead in that area.  Sorry I am over stepping my boundaries again the more I look at it the more I like the clear bead. I think the chain is throwing my brain off. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012 01:17:17 AM by sunfilly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DLPuckettDesigns

"What is in my minds eye flows though my body and then through my finger tips. That is me and my art."
Sonny Puckett
Oralabora
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012 01:21:48 AM »

Ooo wooow you are very helpful ^_^ I completely understand every thing you are saying. I will experiment and see what I can do and I have smaller beads so I will use those as well. ALL KINDS  of design are running through my head right now. Thank you soo so much. I can't wait to get started in the morning. I will keep you up dated on what I came up with. Thanks a lot again. You are a lot of help ^_^
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012 01:23:40 AM by Oralabora » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012 04:18:18 PM »

Very pretty!  I really love etching spoons with a Dremel, to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.[/center]
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012 01:43:00 PM »

your pendant turned out great! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
deeflutterby
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012 04:55:18 PM »

Looooooove the etching! I have been experimenting with spoons and was thinking I would try etching one. What type of tip did you use? I would love to see a tutorial too! Thanks for posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moblakely
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012 10:15:42 AM »

This is really pretty.  I like the addition of the clear crystal because it doesn't jump out, your eye kind of catches it last and its a wonderful touch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katieshelby
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012 12:17:37 PM »

This is very cool! I would definitely love to see a tutorial and the other pendants you have done so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012 12:07:36 PM »

Well, I've never seen etching on a spoon before either, but you have something great going on here!  Love the results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Prep Oily Skin For Makeup
KateBosworthSKII.Mov
Tips For Colored Hair, Lashes and Natural Lips
The Best Nail Art Tools for Under $10
Carly Rae Jepsen Hits New York City, Talks Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...