A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,457
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 38 Mabon Harvest Swap Gallery (Signups 8-12 to 8-20, SO 9-15)  (Read 10061 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2012 06:51:11 PM »

Will be doing my best to update status on Thursday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
whileitsraining
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2012 07:22:38 PM »

Well tracking says my second package was delivered yesterday so thesillyseemstress should have received both by now.  I do enjoy the fact they were mailed on the exact same day and time, but arrived an entire week apart.  That lay over in Jersey City must have been killer lol.

Wulf - I Love that shrine! What did you make it out of?  Would also love to get the pattern for the fabric bowl if you have one

The Autumn Man is absolutely fabulous! The coloring is amazing! What a great gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Witchhippie
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2012 08:53:50 AM »

I received a very generous package from mandykaye.

First she found this basket and sent it to me because I mentioned getting a wicker basket in order to make a traveling altar. It is perfect and I absolute love it!!

The ribbon was wrapped around it but when I open my package I just dug in when I saw the basket. So with that said, I cant get the ribbon back on the way she had it.

Inside the basket everything was wrapped in Halloween tissue paper.

First up are stickers, buttons and a fall floral garland.

And more stickers with a Halloween bag which my son has claimed to use for trick-or-treating.

Then she sent these rocks from a nearby river- I dont have her note in front of me so I forgot the name of the river. 

I have a large collection of rocks and crystals, so these will be well cherished.

She paint me this little box and filled it with different herbs.

She made me these beautiful necklaces and earrings.  My sister already stole the earrings!!

She made the mushrooms out of clay. I really like them.

She even made me a spoon wand which looks awesome in person!!

Lastly, she made me some herb pages for my BOS!

And better picture of my favorite one.

Thank you so much, this has truly been a great swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2012 01:27:27 PM »

Wow! So much great stuff! I love the colours on everything in this gallery - all my favourites!

I finally received from EmilyWilde yesterday. (I send four days late and my package gets there three days earlier. Hmmm...) I'd mentioned that I will be camping at our local Harvest Festival next weekend, so she sent me things that would be suitable for a makeshift outdoor altar.

First up, a sweet little box painted like a Gypsy vardo, and two little disks for placing offerings on. They're salt clay (is that right, Emily?), so they would be biodegradable if left outdoors. I love that.

Next, a slab of wood with a really striking Horned God design burned on it, and a tiny offering pail with Baba Yaga's name on it in Russian. Brilliant! But that's not all - Emily's woodburner was smoking up a storm...

The other side of the slab has Pan  and the Triple Goddess on it! And there's a second offering pot, this one with Thor's hammer, just to cover all the possibilities. The wood slab can be used as a portable offering table, or hung (or propped) up as an altarpiece. I love how practical it is. Cheesy

My favourite of all, though, is this wonderful knitted pouch. You've nailed my taste absolutely perfectly! I'm not sure what I'll put in it (it's the right size for Tarot cards) but it'll be well used. And with it, three little handmade leaf soaps (unscented - thank you!) that are almost too lovely to wash with, and a tiny bar of lemongrass soap from Powell's Books in Portland, just because Emily knows I love Powell's. That's so sweet!

And it was all topped off with this fantastic letterpress-printed card. Just beautiful. Thanks so much for all this, Emily! You've been a terrific swap partner!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2012 01:36:18 PM »

Oh, and for whileitsraining: I built the shrine out of thin plywood that I had left over from a larger project. It was lightweight and soft enough that I could cut it with a utility knife. I've made several of these out of foamcore before, and it works perfectly well too. The trick with foamcore is that you have to glue paper onto both sides of all parts, or it'll warp when you paint it. I've done that on the plywood too, just because it's cleaner and faster than painting.'

The fabric bowl was a pattern I copied from a thrift shop find. I didn't take any in-progress photos, but I want to make another one for myself anyway, so I'll take more photos and make a proper tutorial. It was really easy to make - you could even do it entirely by hand if you didn't have a sewing machine!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radmom
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2012 02:32:32 PM »

Man does the awesome ever cease?Huh LOL Awesome stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2012 05:45:05 PM »

I have a question - spell related.  I am moving in with my folks, times are a bit hard and I have to leave my house dormant.  I want to cast am invisibility - more to make it not stand out and a protection spell to make sure that all my stuff remains safe while stored here, any suggestions would be uber welcomed.  I plan to do this for Samhain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emilywilde
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2012 09:27:46 PM »

Wow, great pictures Wulf. I'm so glad you liked it! I wanted to make a bigger bag, but kept hitting snags with the cables (rookie mistakes, really), but I'm pretty happy how it turned out as a pouch. The discs are salt dough or clay: salt, flour, water and food coloring.

Monnie, I don't know any spells off the top of my head, but I know hanging rosemary on your porch/doorstep is said to keep thieves away. But on a prolonged absence from home I'd use it along with a spell of protection/invisibility. Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandykaye
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2012 10:50:19 PM »

Somthing non-magical you could do is maybe find a "junk" camcorder and hang by your entrance with a small sign about your property being recorded on your door along with a "beware of dog" sign out by the end of your driveway or in view from the road. I think "No Trespassing" signs actually attract attention in my opinion lol! As for magical...I know aloe plants protect the home and they are pretty hardy and go for awhile without watering....not sure about being in a cold temperature though....I don't know of any spells but you could place a chalk or salt ring around your property.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2012 01:28:56 PM »

I think Judika Illes has some invisibility spells in her "5000 Spells" book. I'll have a look and if I find anything good I'll post it to the Facebook group.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph landscapes with a Telephoto Lens
How to Take a Trees Portrait
How to Understand the Psychological Impact of Black and White
How to Understand the Power of Juxtaposition
How to Photograph Evocative Gestures
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...