A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what should the primary paint be?  (Read 545 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BattleAxe
« on: September 13, 2012 05:15:06 PM »

Hi all,

I have a new home with a large L shaped living/dingin room.  Right now its a nice kinda kacki green neutral and flat.  Problem is, its too dark in the room as it is during the day and I feel like I'm in a cave.  There are three large floor to almost ceiling windows but they're all north facing with a tree out there too. 

Seeing that its such a large room,  wanted to paint it something brighter but also have some personality.  I was going to do two walls (the inner corner of the L) in a dark purple... almost blackish kind of purple.  Something like this...

I was going to do a yellow with it.  But I"m not sure what colour of yellow.  I've waivered between neutral yellow/beige, to bright yellow to a more orangey yellow. 

Anyone have a suggestion of a nice yellow?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012 07:49:38 PM »

I came home from Canadian Tire with Lemon Zest from Origins by Benjamin Moore today. It's on the second page in the top row, third from the right. I picked it because, compared to it's nearest competitor, it was very consistent from indoor fluorescent lighting to daylight at the front of the store. It shades ever so slightly towards the green, perfect for the energizing, vintage-y feeling I want in my craft room Cheesy

Your best bet is to grab a whole bunch of sample cards and take them home. That way, you can compare different shades of purple and yellow at different times of day to determine which ones you like best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BattleAxe
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012 03:44:48 PM »

That's a very nice yellow.  Right now I'm leaning towards Himilayan Morning which is on the same page as yours, second row, 5th from the right.  Its a little more green but I think I would be happier in the long run with it.

I find it doesn't look the same on the computer as it does on the chip though.  And I've tried different computers.  Unfortunate.

I will look for yours when I return.  I have a huge stockpile of yellow samples from all over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Fabric
How to Engrave Your Drinking Glasses
How to Decorate a Shadow Box
How to Tie the Sheet Bend Knot
Where Is the Best Glass Blowing Museum
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...