A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Those popular Glitter Shoes, paint questions  (Read 2744 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the_essence
« on: September 12, 2012 10:14:09 PM »

Hey everyone!

So I've been itching to make one of those pairs of glitter shoes everyone seems to be making these days Smiley I still need to buy the shoes, but I was at Michaels today and saw glitter acrylic paint.

Most of the tutorials I have read use either mod podge or glue with loose glitter, and then an acrylic sealant spray at the end to hold in the glitter. So I was just wondering if any of you wonderful crafty individuals have tried glitter paint on your shoes? Does it stay as well and is it as sparkly?

At Michaels they had two brands of glitter paint, Martha Stewart (and her fine loose glitter has been on a lot of tutorials I've seen so that's good) and FolkArt's Extreme glitter. I want a champagne-y gold glitter and I didn't seem to find that in Martha Stewart's colors (Sandstone looked promising but the actual glitter pieces didn't look right), so I bought Champagne in FolkArt.

Here's what the FolkArt bottles look like (it's not those big tubs, although maybe it's the same product?)

So I guess my main questions are:

1) have you used acrylic glitter paint (FolkArt or Martha Stewart) and does it work well on shoes? Is it glittery (I want super sparkly  Grin)?
Or should I just buy the loose glitter and use mod podge?

2) have you used Martha Stewart's glitter paint in Sandstone and does it look like the color on the bottle? Does it look like a golden champagne? Or reddish (which is what it seemed like) Something like this? http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/anderson-gold-glitter.html

3) Do you have any method you've tried that you just recommend to get super sparkly (but sturdy that won't drop glitter everywhere) shoes, and I just shouldn't bother with over-thinking it  Cheesy

Paint just seems easier than mixing all that glue so just wondering if anyone had any experience with it Smiley
Thanks so much for any help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

busyasabee22
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013 07:38:48 AM »

The glitter paint is not fulll coverage but it will work on top of opaque paint
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christmas Origami - Folding a Dove
How to Fold an Origami Turkey
How to Fold an Origami Paper Tank
How to Fold an Origami Paper Spaceship
How to fold an origami square base
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...