A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hoopla VS Yarnies Gallery!!  (Read 16959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Koreena
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012 07:03:01 AM »

I love all of these hoops!  It's incredible to see how many different things/ways to create them that people come up with.  Nice work ladies!  The werewolf one is so interesting~ How did you colour the moon, RebeccaJay?  Just neat.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebeccaJay
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012 09:02:36 AM »

I love all of these hoops!  It's incredible to see how many different things/ways to create them that people come up with.  Nice work ladies!  The werewolf one is so interesting~ How did you colour the moon, RebeccaJay?  Just neat.   Smiley

Thank you Smiley I sort of got creative with it! I wanted it to be at least slightly accurate, so I printed the image of the moon onto grease proof paper then pressed it on the fabric while the ink was still wet - this worked better than I had hoped, but was pretty faint so I took a q-tip and some black fabric paint and dabbed at parts to darken it up.

I wore the item that sent me today, it was so warm and lovely! I promise promise PROMISE pics tomorrow - I am all unpacked, have my camera, but out of batteries so will buy some when I go out in the morning Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lydiaharper
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012 02:52:43 PM »

The werewolf/moon is awesome!  And the Adam and Jamie hoops are great. Very creative.  I just love seeing all the different stitches/techniques used.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

banana731

procraftinator extrodinaire

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012 05:53:44 PM »

wow! great owl hats! And that mandrake is AWESOME!

I don't know what some of those hoops are about, but the stitching is great  Grin

The wolf is really lovely. I think stump work is pretty sweet. And my BIL would be so jealous of the myth busters hoop, it really does look like them! The rick roll made me  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm almost always typing with one hand...
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012 06:29:45 PM »

Thank you Smiley I sort of got creative with it! I wanted it to be at least slightly accurate, so I printed the image of the moon onto grease proof paper then pressed it on the fabric while the ink was still wet - this worked better than I had hoped, but was pretty faint so I took a q-tip and some black fabric paint and dabbed at parts to darken it up.

I wore the item that sent me today, it was so warm and lovely! I promise promise PROMISE pics tomorrow - I am all unpacked, have my camera, but out of batteries so will buy some when I go out in the morning Smiley
Oh my goodness! I had wondered if you had painted that fabric, it was too perfect for the moon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:dollface:.
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012 07:31:42 PM »

I received from bananaleg!!!!  the picture does NOT do it justice!! It's a wonderful teal color cowl that I can double wrap around my neck and its sooo soft! I wish it was big enough for my whole body!! thank you SOOOOO much bananaleg! it's perfect!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
banana731

procraftinator extrodinaire

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012 07:57:03 PM »

lovely texture! what stitch is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm almost always typing with one hand...
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012 12:39:59 AM »

I'm so glad you like it, dollface! I had to try it on to make sure it was a good length... and i didn't want to take it off. Haha.

banana, it's seed stitch. My favorite. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012 12:44:40 AM »

That werewolf hoop is so cool looking.

Ah, Rick Rolling... <3
"The hammer is my penis" is probably my favorite line from Dr. Horrible, so i will be pinning that for sure.

Lumpy Space Princess makes me want to watch Adventure Time. Haha.

Mythbusters... Hehe. Adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
RebeccaJay
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012 06:38:48 AM »

Argh, ok so this has been a long time coming, but here is my oh-so-beautiful yarnie item from the amazing PixieVal!!
It is a crocheted circle scarf, and I am in love with it. It is so snuggly and soft and warm! I think the weather must have known, because as of yesterday it is cold enough to wear it Smiley

here is the scarf laid out:

Here is a closeup of the stitches used:

and finally, an action shot (hurray for face censoring phone! Cheesy )

She also sent me an awesome extra! ...you guys in the states probably take these for granted somewhat, but they are IMPOSSIBLE to find in the UK - A FOAM CRAFT PUMPKIN! Cheesy
yeeeeey so phyched! No pictures yet, as I am midway through carving my forever pumpkin, but will pop on a picture when I'm done

Thank you sooooooo much PixieVal, this swap was the best!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Reuben Super Bowl Dip
How to Grill Chicken Drumettes
How to Make Kentucky Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops
How to Make Vegetable & Steak Grilled Kebabs
How to Cook Grilled Fruit
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...