A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tips and tricks for the jewelry maker  (Read 759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunfilly
Sew Sonny

"imagination is worth more then knowledge"Albert E

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2012 04:14:31 PM »

Tip and trick One
Ok so you live in a small apartment you have several jewelry projects going on on you kitchen table, or a table in the living room, home comes the husband and/or kids, Whoe look at this mess we cant even use the table, clean this up, move this stuff out of our way, or the grand kids, ewe  shiny stuff lets take this stuff and hide it or steal it and take it home with us it is so cool LOL.

So you pick up your handy bead pad to move it and all your stuff rolls to the middle or falls on the floor.

Now in comes the handy dandy clip board, yea. clip your bead pad to the handy dandy clip board and move your stuff quickly out of the way and everything stays in it place the way you left it, and after dinner move it back to complete working on your projects, have several with different projects, they can stack up on top of each other, to move out of the way. You can even use it to do a project on the couch while you watch TV.

Tip and trick Two

Need to drill holes in metal washers, or metal but alas you do not have a shop, or any place outdoors you can drill holes, because your neighbors may complain about the noise. You have carpet and do not want metal shavings all over the house. It is dangerous to you and your loved ones and pets as well.

In comes the Handy Dandy drill station. Get a big box with a lid, have your husband or boyfriend or friend, make you a thick wooden  pad, mine is four plank's of pine stacked up and glued and screwed together. My friend drilled me some sink holes the exact size of my washers.  Now they do not spin when I drill them.  My box happens to be a huge sneaker box with an attached lid. Now when I drill all the metal shavings stay inside the box, yea.  occasionally I can take it outside and carefully deposit the metal shavings in a trash bag for disposal. When not in use it can be closed and stored neatly away on a shelf. I do plan on getting a prettier box some day, maybe one with a nice damask pattern on it.

One thing to remember which I did not think of at the time, when you drill the sink holes to put your washers in, first draw a straight line and line up all your sink holes on the straight line, when you drill use the straight line as a guide to drill the holes, that way your board does not end up being a big pincushion, because you are drilling into the same holes every time you drill.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012 04:30:38 PM by sunfilly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/DLPuckettDesigns

"What is in my minds eye flows though my body and then through my finger tips. That is me and my art."
Sonny Puckett
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Creative Suite 2 - How to Import Into InDesign from Bridge and Color Setting
How to Do a Photoshop Facelift
How to Import a Photoshop File Into Adobe Flash CS3
How to Create a Web Layout from a Photoshop File in Adobe Flash CS3
How to Use InDesign Essentials
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...