A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: art/craft fairs in maine?  (Read 3336 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shsupernova
funny love

your chopsticks dance will win over his heart

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2005 05:17:56 PM »

we moved to portland 2 years ago, and i think i'm finally settled enough now that i'm ready to get back into doing art/craft fairs.  can anyone recommend some good ones?  or does anyone have suggestions on how to find info about them?  thanks in advance.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my website!  thecleverkitty.com
and my etsy shop!  www.thecleverkitty. etsy.com
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005 06:11:28 PM »

I was on vacation to Ogunquit for two weeks (I LOVE OGUNQUIT!!! Sorry.) and we went to a HUGE craft fair in South Berwick. It was the South Berwick Strawberry Festival, and even though there weren't that many strawberries, there sure were a lot of craft booths! It was massive... and I didn't care about no strawberries 'cause I'm allergic, anyway. (not that you needed to know that). The point is that the fair was huge and it's held during the last Saturday in June. There was a HUGE crowd, too... I think it would be worth the drive, though Portland isn't really THAT far from South Berwick. I think. (I'm bad with maps)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shsupernova
funny love

your chopsticks dance will win over his heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005 04:33:17 AM »

thanks candycanechild.  i will definitely look into that one for next year.  i found a website for it if anyone else is interested:  www.southberwickstr awberryfestival.com    (sorry, i can't seem to figure out how to post a link.  Roll Eyes  )

anyone know of any others?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005 04:42:37 AM by shsupernova » THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my website!  thecleverkitty.com
and my etsy shop!  www.thecleverkitty. etsy.com
Connie-Clays

Boo, boop, de do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005 11:21:19 AM »

i'm ready to get back into doing art/craft fairs.  can anyone recommend some good ones? 

http://www.newenglandcraftfairs.com/maine-craft-fairs.html

I've worked with Lois Taylor on and off for years! She runs a good show and is very accomodating. There are shows all around southern - central Maine, and I think she does one in Bangor too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Connie
ConniesClayCreation s.com

"Art is on the side of the oppressed"
-Nadine Gordimer - South African author

http://www.livejournal.com/users/maineconnie/
MishMoshStudio
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006 12:42:31 PM »

A couple more suggestions, if anyone's still looking--

The Common Ground Country Fair is a HUGE festival in central Maine, that attracts people from all over the state and beyond. It's an agricultural fair, but there's no rides or fried dough or anything-- just tons of arts & crafts, concerts, and organic food vendors, plus the more typical farm animals and demos. It has a great vibe-- lots of artsy people attend and exhibit, and people sell everything from high-end, precious stone jewelry and artisan furniture, to recycled metal sculptures, aromatherapy candles and soaps, and homemade jam. It focuses on things made/grown/baked in Maine, but it definitely has more craftster-type edge to it than your average country fair. You have to apply to be a vendor, and the more handmade your stuff is, the more likely you are to get in. I think there may be stiff competition and an exhibition fee, but it's worth it for the ridiculously huge crowds that attend every year, rain or shine! I've never exhibited, but have volunteered there for years, and it's always a really fun event. www.mofga.org for more info - just noticed the vendor DEADLINE IS JANUARY 28th, if anyone's interested!

Also, Ogunquit has a Sidewalk Art Show in the summer-- it's only one day, but there's always a good crowd(with locals and tourists), and there's a nice mix of all kinds of artists (photography, woodwork, sculpture, etc). According to the chamber of commerce website, it's going to be on August 24 this year. http://www.ogunquit.org/calendar/Web_Event_Display.cfm?eventID=823 for more info

It's so hard to find out about fairs when you're just starting out (like me!)-- anyone have other suggestions? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jamie Foxx on Horrible Bosses
Jennifer Aniston on Horrible Bosses
Charlie Day on Horrible Bosses
Behind The Scenes of Transformers: Dark of The Moon
Eddie Cibriani Talks About The Playboy Club
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...