A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
817 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Portland Area wedding reception sites?  (Read 1894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 27, 2006 10:26:48 AM »

Okay, so this isn't a craft related question, but Leah the craftster goddess asked this same question in the MA area, so I thought I would follow her lead and ask the same one but in your area.

Does anyone know of a good, different, interesting, beautiful place to get married in the greater Portland area?

I live down in Boston and it's hard to know all the good spots!

Thanks for any ideas you might have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspo t.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
dory14ksmith
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006 06:34:07 PM »

There is a dignified park/cemetary area in the historic West End of Portland.  It looks over the harbor, and has some handsome, rich looking colonial homes in the backdrop.  I used to live there and loved to walk/run in that area.  It's a place that you only go to if you live there/know someone that lives there, quiet and distinct.  Check it out if you have the time.  Also, there are some (read maybe, 3) tiny ancient churches in Cape Elizabeth...do some reasearch online...it's worth it...  If this is a destination wedding, also consider Peaks Island...no cars, just a ferry ride and an amazing arrival.
....also, this is completely out of the way, but Deer Isle is terrificly quaint, seafaring town....it's a wonderful winding drive up Maine's working coastline to the tiniest of island towns.
I hope this isn't an overload...believe me i've got more ideas...but feel free to ask if you'd like to hear more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ko
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006 01:30:42 PM »

dunno if it's already happened? but i would highly recommend the forestry conservation area - they're got a cute little stone-floored room & huge park! also - the beach!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Organic Face Mask for Smooth, Hydrated Skin
Follow Just One Step to Lighten Dark Spots and Acne Scars
5 Daily Steps to Get Glowing Skin
5 Best Spring Perfumes
Rouge New York: A Makeup Salon
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...