A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoners Swap Gallery  (Read 25848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2012 08:14:48 AM »

So it's my last day in seattle and over the weekend I went art abandon crazy with one of my best friends! I even already heard from someone for something I think maybe I put out maybe onyxnox I'm not sure yet. Therell be a bunch of pictures when I get home  Cheesy ooh and my friend was so excited about it all that she asked to take two of onyxnoxs books so she can abandon one on her day trip to las Vegas!! And the other to drop at her work in this hip little cafe - she wants to spy on it to try and watch what happens when someone finds it. And don't worry I made her promise to send me pictures so I can share them with you guys !!

P.s. I kinda chickened out dropping some art at the Charlotte nc airport...I forgot about all the bomb protections/warnings and don't want to run the risk of getting onyxnox in trouble since her contact info is on it. Am I just being overly paranoid?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

microjivvy
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2012 10:15:17 AM »

Am I just being overly paranoid?

Absolutely not.

... or if you are, I am, too.  Cheesy

Given the justified/not justified hyper-sensitivity of airport personnel, I wouldn't risk it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2012 11:53:21 AM »

I would not chance it...people are scared enough at airports...I doubt that anyone would even pick up the dropped art out of fear...friendlier places would be best--parks, dog runs, shopping places, restaurants, etc.  I have put small things in the tubes at banks and driven away! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2012 06:48:51 PM »

Yes - I would hate to find out I'm on the no-fly list, listed as a terrorist or something because of a mini book :/

I have the last two items to abandon, but I keep getting diverted from my planned places or it keeps raining when I go out :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
fancybutch

« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2012 08:26:39 PM »

Finally nice enough weather to finish abandonning silvermoon's wonderful happy pills.  I left the last two at another bus shelter, and in a bicycle basket.  Not interesting enough for pictures since similar to previous drops, but I actually saw the guy find the one in the bicycle basket a few minutes later and he seemed very interested, and chatting about it to his girlfriend (assumed).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2012 10:33:44 AM »

I've not been able to abandon unseen... :/ I always keep one or two in my bag as I wander... will try again today when we head out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
meowari
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2012 11:03:38 AM »

I just wanted to jump in and say how great I think this swap idea was!
I wasn't in it, but I think I check this gallery as much as the swappers do. It makes me so happy when people write about seeing their art being picked up! In such a fast-paced, never-stopping-to-smell-the-roses world, I think it's so nice that you guys are out there trying to make someone happy by doing this. As soon as I finish the swap I just started, I'm going to work on making some art to abandon around my neighbourhood!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2012 08:03:22 PM »

Bittersweet moment...I have released all the art into the wild!  I wonder if my partner will hear anything back.

I left the first piece at a craft fabric show.  I figured most of the people there were creative individuals who would enjoy a little bit of inspiration.  No one picked it up while I was looking around, but  I ended up circling back to the booth before I left and it was gone.

On my way home that night, I stopped by a new superstore.  It had just opened a few days before, so it was very busy.  During one of the brief intervals while I was the only one at the entrance, I slipped the art into one of the many shopping carts waiting for customers to take them for a spin.  It was still in the cart when I finished my shopping and I heard a mom tell her kid not to take that cart because there was something in it.  I left the art though, because I figured either a customer would actually look and see that it said "Free Art," or a worker would come across it and it would hopefully brighten their work day.

Later, I stopped by the library to pick up some audio books for my daily commute.  I left one of the canvases on the shelf with the mystery books.  It seemed to be an appropriate location.  It was near closing when I left it, so I'm thinking somebody probably found it the next day.

Later that week I went to the post office.  Again, it was close to closing time, so I left it in the lobby that's always open for PO box customers.

I left the last one at a gas station window.  The window gets a lot of traffic, so it seemed like it would be quickly discovered.

It's neat that some of us have dropped at the same locations in different cities.  It makes me wonder if I'll visit the library, post office, or gas station one day and come across a fun little craft waiting to be found!

This was a fun swap, thank you JMiller for being such a wonderful swap hostess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2012 08:11:43 PM »

I love all of your abandoned pics.  I however, was trying to be sly and haven't been nearly as lucky at taking pics.  The Georgia World Congress Center was today's drop point and yesterday's was a window sill outside of REI.  I thought both places would have people who had either traveled far from home or were travelers in spirit and would enjoy art from far off Hawaii.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
microjivvy
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2012 12:21:48 PM »

I abandoned my first piece today (if you don't recall, I was delayed because of a sick pet -- who is doing much better).

I had to be at the courthouse (I volunteer as a court-appointed advocate for children in the foster care system) and while I was extremely nervous about abandoning at the courthouse, I really believe that the people at dependency court need more light in their lives than just about anyone else.

So I bucked up and abandoned one piece.  There were just too many people around to do more ... as it was, I pretended to be texting to take pics, lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Solar System - Photoshop
How to Create a Pong Game Part 2/2- Scratch
How to Create an Abstract Design Element - Photoshop
How to Resize Pictures - Adobe Photoshop
How to Use the Motion Blur Filter - Adobe Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...