A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,929
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoners Swap Gallery  (Read 28565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jmiller614
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2012 10:17:57 AM »

JMiller614 -- OMG you witnessed a find!!! I love that the space shuttle was there, and even a blimp in the sky! Great drop!

You know, I was actually a little scared. I decided afterward that maybe it was not smart to drop a small box in a crowded place. Just with all the security changes in recent years....

I think because the abandonned art is in tiny boxes, it was a good thing I abandonned the other ones in places they would easily be found, but would not appear threatening.

I hadn't even thought of this until I was leaving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2012 02:11:21 PM »

Ooh right... Us with our good intentions, it's so easy to forget about the negative connotations of a  package.
Well, glasses fixed now, having out at the mall playground, considering another drop. It's so hard to not be seen and take a photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
fancybutch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2012 08:14:30 PM »

jmiller I love that you did this by the passing space shuttle! and you saw someone find it, that's so great.

I did my first drop this weekend, left one of silvermoon's happy pills and tags in a baggy (since it was a bit rainy on and off) at a well used nature walk area buried inside the city, a place called Evergreen Brickworks, the path walks up towards these stairs so I'm sure someone would have seen it within a little while of leaving it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
Summer6061
Summer break in full swing

Lookin' good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2012 09:17:48 PM »

I love seeing where everybody is abandoning!  It's really neat that we get to hear from some of the 'finders!'  I wonder if anyone will send my partner an email about the pieces I've abandoned... 

So far I've abandoned four pieces of art and have one left.  I have pics of all the abandonments, I just need to find some time to upload them.  Hopefully I'll get a chance soon! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastination is killing me slowly...I'm going to put an end to that first thing tomorrow!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2012 06:48:21 AM »

Cool pic of the shuttle being moved!

I am not sure I would pic up a baggie left out--with my luck, it would be someone's lunch from a month ago...Cheesy ;(

I have been thinking of how best to package up random art so it won't be tossed or mistaken for garbage...I think maybe clear gift packaging with a ribbon?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jmiller614
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2012 11:05:48 PM »

Finally, my abandonning pictures!

I tried to take one or two each night on my runs. It gave me more incentive to go for the run and I thought it might be more covert. One was abandonned at the shuttle viewing. The others...

Caltech.

I walked around campus and found this awesome hook in the wall outside one of the building. Fancybutch had convenient ribbons to tie with.

I was only planning on abandonning one, but I walked by another building with labs. All the lights were on and people were working so I thought it might be a nice surprise if someone found something on the way home. This one was tough. People kept walking toward me so I would wander away and wander back. I pretended to talk on my cell phone. Pretended to look lost. I ended up placing it on a pedestal (in the front of the picture you can clearly see the ribbon).

The next night I headed to the Pasadena Playhouse. I thought this might be a good crowd (note bottom left of image).

Next night I headed to city hall. There are a lot of homeless who sleep here plus it is bustling during the day. I wanted to be a little more "covert" in hiding this time (inspired by the awesome first hiding place at the gas station for the swap gallery). Next to city hall there were a row of newspaper dispensers and the free apartment finder one. So I put it in there.

And then I was sort of sad to be out of things to abandon.

I hope we hear back from the finders. Fancybutch did include notes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmiller614
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2012 11:07:05 PM »

I know that I was quite a bit delayed on posting pictures of my drops, but please remember to add to the gallery when you get a moment. And don't forget to abandon your pieces!

We are still waiting on a few of the internationals to be received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2012 08:50:32 AM »

You guys are serious covert abandoners!  I am enjoying seeing how and where you find places to hide these gems! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

microjivvy
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2012 08:59:10 AM »

I notified Leslie and jmiller, but just wanted to post here -- I have a very sick cockatiel who is requiring force-feedings every half an hour for 10 hours a day... so it's going to be a bit before I'm able to abandon.

Poor baby's health is slowly improving, but he's pushing 20 years old, and is requiring a lot of TLC right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2012 09:04:05 AM »

oh I hope your baby feels better soon microjivvy!

And I hope my partner can post a picture of what I sent because I seem to have erased the one I took Sad    I will get out and abandon this week, since receiving we have had torrential rain and SNOW-I've not left the house much Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap 2014 Winter Market SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VF COLLECTIONS: Tommy Hilfiger Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
VF NEWS: Elie Saab Spring/Summer 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
British Man Spends $150,000 to Keep Up With Kim Kardashian
5 Makeup Tips to Look Younger
Is Makeup Making You Look Older?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...