A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoners Swap Gallery  (Read 28557 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2012 12:36:07 PM »

Domesticmamma - sorry to hear about your health worries.  I hope the baby is OK, and hopefully your problem is transient and easily resolved.  Good luck and good health on the rest of your pregnancy.  Your pieces are gorgeous and even if you can't send them to be abandoned, maybe you can abandon them in the future - it would be a shame not to share them like you intended - they are gorgeous.

Puamelia - would you mind sharing how you made those magnets?  I would love to make some of our own pet family - especially of Toby whom we lost this summer, and for my sister in law for her incredibly big pet family too.  I would really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012 12:38:46 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2012 01:39:44 PM »

Oh absolutely, Onyxnox! The link is here:
www.ambrosigirl.com/blog/tiny-polaroid-magnets/

Btw, I did not include the cardboard layer to increase the thickness... Hence I did not need to paint the edges = less drying time. I repurposed a business card magnet that was on my fridge. I used a glue stick to attach the photo to the magnet. I printed with inkjet on photo paper, so it was a little stiff already, but I had to be super careful applying the diamond glaze, taking care not to touch the photo with the tip of the applicator, or else the photo would smear.

And domesticmomma, it's true, they are gorgeous. Stay well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012 12:47:27 PM by puamelia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2012 03:03:25 PM »

puamelia, I'm STILL tearing up when I look at them or even think of when I opened them!  Such a thoughtful gift!
Sooooo....when are you going to the post office? Wink I'm just anxious to see if it got there in one piece!

Yay!  I'm glad you got to blog something.  Just got in from errands so abandoning will be under way shortly!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012 03:05:29 PM by ThriftyLiving4U » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
microjivvy
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2012 03:17:10 PM »

I cannot tell you how much I love that alien-themed art went to NASA.  It was meant to be.  Cheesy

pumalia, I think this is the link you meant to post was http://www.ambrosiagirl.com/blog/tiny-polaroid-magnets/

domesticmamma, the pieces are lovely. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MicroJivvy.com:  Whatever I happen to be working on.
My Pinterest
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2012 03:41:45 PM »

Thanks for the link - I saved it for future reference.  I think I will make that a holiday project - maybe make some for our holiday get together - I know the hostess - my best friend's mom (aka mom to all of us) would love to get a set of them of all our Christmas gatherings from the past too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2012 04:35:26 PM »

domesticmamma,

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Those pictures are beautiful - I love that poem, and it's fantastic it inspired you to create such beautiful art! You should share some photos of them on Neil Gaiman's Facebook page - I bet he'd be rather chuffed he inspired such gorgeous art!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady_Lilybell
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2012 06:25:01 AM »

I want to show everyone my Peanuts painting. It was called "I've got your kite." While I have 0 texture to the actual tree, I did give character to it. Think of the title as you look at the placement of the kite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

domesticmamma
Veni, vidi, vici.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2012 11:29:34 AM »

@Lady_Lillybell
Lovely work! I love Peanuts!

Maybe ill get an Angel to send my stuff to, but the purpose of this swap for me was to get back into art, to get inspired. Its been almost a year since I made art or dropped art and needed a little impulse. Thanks to the great discussion thread and ideas that you guys have put forward I was moved to start expresing myself thru art. Since finishing the swap package I made a bigger piece ! And now Im planning a BIG piece (by my standards). And I got my first Personal Swap proposal Cheesy
As you can see IM VERY HAPPY TO HAVE JOINED CRAFTSTER AND THIS SWAP! Thank you jmiller for letting this noobie in! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puamelia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2012 12:52:37 PM »

puamelia, I'm STILL tearing up when I look at them or even think of when I opened them!  Such a thoughtful gift!
Sooooo....when are you going to the post office? Wink I'm just anxious to see if it got there in one piece!

Yeehaw! THank you, thank you, so awesome, my husby brought the box home yesterday, but we had to run out to an event. I just took pics, and will be posting them in a bit. I am so touched by your small pinterest thing that you sent me - now I have to look up that recipe for homemade water colors, and aspire to paint like domesticmamma! ThriftyLiving4U, thank you for being an awesome swap partner! BTW, my first try at the personal swap item is being fixed, and I'll send that along too, because it wants to be yours. *sigh* The things I make are soooo... opinionated. LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puamelia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2012 12:54:17 PM »

I cannot tell you how much I love that alien-themed art went to NASA.  It was meant to be.  Cheesy

pumalia, I think this is the link you meant to post was http://www.ambrosiagirl.com/blog/tiny-polaroid-magnets/

Haha, thanks! so hard to type on a phone... I love the alien/nasa thing too. What awesome karma!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshoot for South by Southeast Book Cover with Blair Underwood
What John Irving Thinks of Mark Twain
Nell Stephenson on the Benefits of the Paleo Diet
John Irving on His Distaste for Hemingway
Richard North Patterson Discusses His Book Fall from Grace
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...