A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Covert Art Abandoners Swap Gallery  (Read 26872 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fancybutch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012 07:07:56 PM »

those are beautiful little pieces of art, each one is so special and unique. Great job.  I would love to find one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012 07:14:29 PM »

Those canvases are awesome!! I love the color and texture  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012 07:16:29 PM »

Those are all beautiful.  I am very intrigued by the crackle painted #2, and the bird one I love too. 

I still have to abandon my last three.  I could kick myself, I was downtown today and forgot to bring them with me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
ThriftyLiving4U

Walking around with paint on my fingers

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012 10:39:03 PM »

So, all of the house guests are sleeping and although the alarm is going off in 3 1/2 hours I really wanted to post!
When puamelia and I sent each other an email when we were first paired up we thought it was great that we were both going with a recycled theme.  Her goal was to not spend any money on this swap, other than postage.  A very lofty goal, that I could not achieve... I had to by more beads (40% off at Michael's though).  We both even used a recycled mailing box!  Her creatures are so creative.  I love the hair.  All of the heads screw off, some have various materials or notes/poems.  Even her tags were great!  Each creation has a name...although she'll have to share why they're all EEE endings

And here are individual pics:

Allie

Baley

Maley

Millie

Naley

Sally

Aaaannnd I was poking around puamelia's pinterest and asked if she wanted to do a personal swap as well.  I am soo happy that she said yes, as she sent me these:

Polaroid magnets (not the red clip, just for scale) of my fur babies who are no longer here.  I truly teared up when I opened these.

I thought I was going to keep Sally but I'm now torn between THREE! 
I am so excited to start abandoning!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012 10:43:56 PM by ThriftyLiving4U » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to swap for art of my fur babies

My Pinterest
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012 05:52:22 AM »

Those magnets are so sweet!

I LOVE the mermaid - that is ingenious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
jmiller614
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2012 10:31:36 AM »

Puamelia, those items are equally ridiculous and amazing! Haha. And Leap's art are fabulous too. I am totally rethinking what I sent. Can I take it back? Well next swap.

Here is what fancybutch sent!

Beautifully decorated boxes. This one has already been torn apart by me.

And a tiny alien portrait now hanging in my office. Smiley

I've already rescheduled my day tomorrow so that I can abandon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012 10:40:11 PM »

Quick note... Computer battery died, not holding charge. Using phone.yuck! Love everything so far. Love the 2 too! Daughter is 5, sally is what she names everything, so when faced with 6 names, they all ended up rhyming. So happy you are happy, was super fun. Going post office tomorrow to see what came. Have fun with house guests!
ACK need to blog before you abandon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
domesticmamma
Veni, vidi, vici.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2012 08:19:23 AM »

Hello!
Ive been missing since Tuesday and already people are receiving!  I dont know if I mentioned this before or in the swap thread, but im 7 months pregnant. On Monday some test results showed that I had extremely low blood sugar and had to be kept in the Hospital untill they figures out what was wrong. I didnt have a phone and spent most of my time sleeping. But now im home and better, I have my package ready to send. I dont want you guys to think I didnt take this commitement seriusly, I did! I had my stuff ready for the send out but since its been raining non stop for days here, the paper was a little soggy. I was afraid of mailing it out like that, the paper is think but I didnt want to take any risks. Sadly my send out was delayed because of how !@$#$!! I felt, lying in the hospital with no phone (I slept most of the time anyways).

Anyhoo, I really wanted to share my package with you guys even if I dont get to send it to microjivvy anymore, I changed my original idea for this one when I realized they were going to be shipped to Florida (very similar weather to Puerto Rico's).
I was browsing a charity flea market and found a lightly used children's watercolor kit. I had never bentured into this medium so I bought it (just $2!) I got a watercolor sheet of paper and I cut (more like riped) it to 6 pieces and got to playing.
With getting ready for another baby also comes back the fun childhood memories, in particular faery tales. I love faery tales, and sharing them with my daughter (4 y/o) is our favorite before bedtime activity. Neil Gaiman's poem "Instructions" has been a favorite here for ages, and it inspired the drawings/paintings (Huh) I made for the swap.
There are important life lessons in faery tales, we must never forget that!
Now on to the pictures!

The scan makes it look crooked, but its not. The colors are more vibrant in person!

Here is the poem if you want to read it http://www.endicott-studio.com/cofhs/cofinstr.html

I would love to hear your opinion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2012 09:16:42 AM »

puamelia those jar creatures are really fabulous, so fun and creative, and I love that you went with recycled materials.  I love the notes inside that show through, very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2012 12:11:46 PM »

Ok, Thrifty I blogged a short paragraph, so abandon away!

Those magnets are so sweet!
I LOVE the mermaid - that is ingenious!
Thanks Onyxnox! xo I loved the magnets too - I made some of my girls, just need to get more magnet backings. And the mermaid was actually the 2nd one I made, trying to use up the medicine bottles. Younger daughter was on antibiotics, so I have one more... The tail was from my poppet "boneyard", a mock-up for my most recent mermaids for the Mini Poppet Swap. I'll have to make another tail now!

Puamelia, those items are equally ridiculous and amazing! Haha.
Thanks jmiller - I'm having a ridiculous and amazing few months so it is coming out in my work lol! I just finished another quiz for microbiology and 3 days of 12-hour shifts and I can't believe I'm awake right now.  Grin

puamelia those jar creatures are really fabulous, so fun and creative, and I love that you went with recycled materials.  I love the notes inside that show through, very cool.
thanks fancybutch, love your little alien & spaceship!

Originally I wanted to use clear bottles and turn them into dolls, and have you kinda see what's inside them i.e. what they are about, what they are thinking. I went with recycled because I really have waaaay too much stuff saved. For instance, anyone want toilet paper tubes? I've got tons. Also, I've got way too big of a craft stash. Sadly, I didn't make too big of a dent. And remember the lightbulb? I never decided on a good way to attach limbs, so it is still in my workroom. Anyone have any good ideas?

domesticmamma, I'm sorry about what you're going through, best of luck with this baby. Your paintings are so beautiful! I suck at watercolor, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Home Remedies for Acne
A Month Without Makeup; One Girl’s Quest to Find True Beauty
Beauty Routine Tips from Day to Night
Hair Loss Prevention Advice
Soak Away Your Stress with This DIY Bath Soak
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...