A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: where do you find your plus sized tights?  (Read 2298 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coconutbells
Mama Cass

I love old timey things, and miniatures

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2011 01:40:02 PM »

I found this site, I like torrid, and I'm so cheap I check out thrift stores, so where is the finest place to purchase colorful fun tights that will stretch to infinity and not cause my thighs to rub into a forest fire? Shocked

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/2pack-Opaque-Footed-Tights-by-Comfort-Choice.aspx?PfId=114641&DeptId=9447&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011 09:12:34 AM »

Mine are mostly from Lane Bryant, though some are from Torrid or Silkies. I have not ordered from this site, but they have a fun selection: http://www.sockdreams.com/products/sock-collections/plus-sized/ You may also be able to pick up some novelty hosiery right after Halloween at the costume shops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011 10:06:16 AM »

I love We Love Colors!!! They are awesome! They have dozens of colors, stripes, and tie-dyed tights. They run true-to-size, or maybe slightly larger. They are a little expensive, but their tights last and don't bind up and torture you. I bought hot pink and several tie-dyed ones at the beginning of the winter, and I wore and wore them until it got warm with no snags, tears or damage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
iloveskirts

You can never have enough fabric!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011 03:29:12 PM »

I have a hard time finding tights.  I wear a size 24 but I'm only 5'3" so if I get them to fit my fat waist then they bag around my ankles.  I want pretty ones.  I'm tired of blue, black, gray, brown...and for a lot of the places I've looked at the cute ones stop right before my size.  I'm tempted this fall to buy a pair from Lane Bryant , cut off the toes and a couple inches, and then use a ball point needle to sew the toes back up and see if they run or if I can successfully make petite plus size tights.

I hope you can find ones that you like and that fit you.  I'm gonna go look at Torrid and see what they have.

Trisha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't ask God to bless what you're doing.  Instead, find what He's blessing and do that!
He who calls, equips
He who leads, feeds
He who guides, provides
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011 07:12:28 AM »

I'm also a huge fan of We Love Colors! I bought all my white nursing tights there for my school uniform. They lasted 2 years of daily wear and are still in great shape. All the other girls wanted to know where I got such fabulous tights.

I'll also buy footless tights from Old Navy. They're definitely one of the best fits I've found in stores.
There's also a store called Sirens. We have them in our local malls, but I don't know how wide-spread they are. I'm having no luck getting on their website. But their tights are super-comfy and I get lots of compliments on them. I've been stopped a couple times by curvier & plus-size gals asking where I got them for the same reason. Sirens is NOT a plus-size store, but there's so much give in their tights Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phantome
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011 02:20:44 PM »

I've bought some at Lane Bryant, but I think they tend to run small, and they're far too expensive for what they are. I like to buy mine a size or two big so I don't get that skin-pinchy thing going on, but LB doesn't sell them larger than a 26/28-ish (I'm a 24, so I buy them 26/28, but since LB runs small, they're still more snug than I want).

Anyway, I get mine at Catherine's Plus Size, which is one of the stores affiliate with LB (along with Fashion Bug, Avenue, and some others, who probably sell the same tights). Catherine's sells regular-plus and super-plus, up to a size 40, I think. I'm able to get my tights on the larger and more comfy size while accommodating the fact that they run small, and they only cost $10 a pair. So yeah, Catherine's Plus Size, good tights. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011 02:23:07 PM by Phantome » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is my signature; there are many like it, but this one is mine.
raewolo
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011 09:02:14 PM »

i was lucky and found some cute tights on clearance at lane bryant. sometimes i'm able to find a good pair at target or walmart, for like $4, but they don't last nearly as long as i'd like them too. otherwise i stick to torrid, but torrid is costly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stormtroopergirl
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011 11:50:20 PM »

A couple of tips that work for me...

When you can't get hold of the full tights you need, I buy thigh highs and wear them as really good sized knee highs.

Also, I have successfully bought a pair of cool tights I love that don't fit me and turned them into knee high/thigh highs.  First you cut the legs off at the top to make two separate legs.  Next cut the waist band off, halve it and sew each half into a circular band which you then sew onto the top of each individual leg.

I have tried this twice with good quality tights and it has worked really well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
High_House
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012 04:25:37 AM »

I know its crazy but Etsy, and edenfantasies both have a good selection off plus sized tights
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveskirts

You can never have enough fabric!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012 06:22:13 PM »

I took a chance and got some tights from We Love Colors.

I LOVE THEM!!!!  They're comfy, fit well, and don't rip the first time they come in contact with anything other than your skin or clothing. I have since purchased 6 pair, and I will be getting more. I love that you can get colors other than white, black, navy, brown, or gray in my size (24). It's incredible that they make tights in our size, and in colors that make us feel like we're pretty and up to date.

Trisha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't ask God to bless what you're doing.  Instead, find what He's blessing and do that!
He who calls, equips
He who leads, feeds
He who guides, provides
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Taco Bell President Withholds Breakfast From Canada
High School Students Invent Popular Spice Mix
Firehouse Chef Makes Guacamole Chipotle Chicken Wraps
How to Make Gruyere Grilled Cheese
How to Make Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...