A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 303,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Patter making  (Read 938 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 09, 2012 04:41:29 AM »

After 15 years of not sewing i found my sewing machine and dusted it of. I have made clothes, but my head is so full of ideas, and i cant find patterns close enough for me to have the skill to alter them. I also feal that with that level of alterations i would benefitt from learning to make my own patterns. So i need books, probably a lot of books, but what books to by, ore/and what online clases to take. I have loked at Pattern magic, drape drape and Pattern making (portfolio skills) on amazon, but i dont know if they are good, and if they would give me the understanding i need to design clothes ore if they would teatch me to make the clotes in the books. Hope that makes sens...i also want to learn to rub of patterns
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012 07:52:26 PM »

Hi! I'm just starting out again too! I have a hard time with patterns fitting properly/not at all in the style I want, so I decided to make my own.
I bought Cal Patch's Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified
It's a pretty good book - it keeps everything really simple and all the info is delivered well.
Plus, she tells you how to do rub offs!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013 05:50:45 AM »

Hi Bella,

I have taught myself to draft and modify block patterns using a book called 'Pattern Cutting and Making Up The Professional Approach Volume One' by Martin M Schobren & Janet P Ward. I have tried using a few different books but this one is by far my favourite. It shows you how to take measurements and draft a block pattern to your own measurements. It also teaches you to customise your block to create pretty much whatever you want. It doesn't have the easiest to understand layout but I have found that the content is excellent. I drafted my first trouser block using this book yesterday and it fitted me perfectly!

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The 10 Commandments of Using Concealer Correctly
Birchbox July 2015: Sample Choice and Birchbox Plus Reveal
10 All Natural Body Scrubs
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Review
VF NEWS: Anne Sofie Madsen - Fall 2015 - Paris - Runway & Interviews
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...