A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ugly baggy tank to a formfitting halter!  (Read 5586 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

x__monique
« on: June 29, 2005 03:47:57 PM »

I found this website today, and I must say, I'm completely in love with it!! I've taken a fashion design/marketing class at school this last year, and was able to sew to my hearts desire there, but at home I don't have a machine. So now that school is out, I really don't know what to do with myself now that I can't sew! I've been planning projects and buying supplies, but it's all really useless unless I have a machine.

Anyways. So, in inspiration to do something crafty, and the lack of a sewing machine to do my projects, I resorted to cutting up old shirts Smiley Which was great fun!

Here's a tank I (literally) just did. I wish I got a before picture, but I got too carried away with the cutting.. :/  It was a baggy boy-style tank before..

And here's the after pictures!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/x_emogirl/P6290001.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/x_emogirl/P6290003.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/x_emogirl/P6290006.jpg

I have a summer dress from Wet Seal with that same style back, so that made me happy. I'm not too pleased with the front, however. It seems very plain... I'm thinking of adding some sequins or something. Any ideas?!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011 07:46:08 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tigger
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005 05:54:03 PM »

It's totally cute Grin, how did you get the back done? I think sequins is a great idea, or maybe an iron on picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jellyfish8706

Let's make it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005 06:01:27 PM »

Sequins could be cute, you could sew them on in like a flower shape or something, like maybe in one of the bottom corners.. by hand of course  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/kitschcouturebykelly
x__monique
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005 07:37:00 PM »

It's totally cute Grin, how did you get the back done? I think sequins is a great idea, or maybe an iron on picture.

It was really easy - I just looked at the back and cut two lines, dividing the back into three sections. Then I cut diagonally on each section. Then Tied them together!

I really hope that made sense.. I guess I can draw it out to make it more easy to understand.. I'm kinda bad at describing things :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

someperson

Oh, you've got the darkest eyes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005 07:46:53 PM »

I like the top...and your hair!  That's what I want mine to be like, except my bangs are toooooo thick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

youlittlerabbit
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005 07:28:37 AM »

nice top- and i remember when i first found this website- it was a feeling of elation, quickly followed by the realization that i would be craftster addict. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guitar*girl
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005 09:26:30 AM »

that's so cute! and i love your hair color...:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've lost my sanity; can I borrow yours?
x__monique
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005 11:06:09 AM »

youlittlerabbit: Yes! I've already cut up two shirts, made patterns for a dress and a skirt, tried out stenciling, and decided that I need to make my own earrings. Haha! I did all that yesterday! It was almost ridiculous... almost..  Smiley

someperson and guitar*girl: Thank you so much about the hair comments! I really do love my new hair. And I say new because I'm naturally a blonde..  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazyFool
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005 08:12:27 AM »

When the backs of the shirts are done like that they usually look really..slutty? But that looks compleatly awesome...It must be becuase the strips of fabrics are bigger...I looooove it!!! Might go try it.. Awesome though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well...Damn The Man!!!
Delziela
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005 08:28:20 AM »

I agree with crazyfool. Those tops I normally dont like, but you pulled it off quite well and I think it's adorable. I know what you mean about the whole craftster addiction. Now that its summer, I check back about once every hour to see if anyone has replied to my posts, but thats partly because I dont have ANYTHING to do but craft. (But who's complaining?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
-Joseph Chilton Pearce
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Good Morning Fried Egg Breakfast Recipe
Southern Oven-Broiled Catfish Recipe
Doggone Good Hush Puppies Recipe
Hearty and Healthy Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Hot Bacon Swiss Dip with Toast Rounds Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...