A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Noob Here, could use some help please? (in search of simple ami pattern)  (Read 1614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IOwn ThatGuy122
« on: September 05, 2012 12:58:47 PM »

Ok so I've been crocheting for 3 days now and am working on a scarf to get the hang of it, I'm happy with how it's coming along and am confident I've mastered foundation chains, double crochet and treble crochet.

so getting to the point I'd love to make an easy yet cute amigurumi, not too big mabey 5" give or take. The only problem is i have no idea where to start does anyone have a pattern that would be suitible for a total noob to try out or any advise?

I'd be very grateful for the help as I'd really like to take up crochet as a hobby.

Many thanks in advance
 Grin Grin Grin
xxxxxxx

p.s was going to upload a photo of my scarf but just spent 20 mins trying to figure out how and failed so i gave up, sorry ppz x (i did manage to put it in the photo hosting thing on this - just joined so whatever that is lol)

thanks again x
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013 01:08:28 PM by spikefan - Reason: added more descriptive title » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thickheaded crochet guy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012 12:10:35 PM »

Very easy one to start with.

http://arpelia.blogspot.com/2008/03/slime-amigurumi.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xyphir
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012 12:07:27 PM »

This youtube shows you how to make a ball - the basis of nearly all amigurumi bits. I learned how to do it visually from there, and then linked what it was showing me to a ball pattern. Helped that both patterns were yellow! hehe. It is really easy once you do it a few times through. I only learned over Christmas (2011) and now am so confident with my amigurumi that I want to make an entire zoo for my sandtray work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKBeu2BlhU

http://freeamigurumipatterns.blogspot.co.nz/2010/07/ideal-sphere.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaundryBunny
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012 11:45:08 AM »

Don't over think it.  Just like you've just started crocheting, just pick a pattern (like the ones posted) and go for it.  It's easier than it seems, but incredibly addictive.  You'll want to create every creature you think of soon.

It is a bit different from crocheting garments in that you'll be using a much smaller hook than normal so that you have a denser fabric that stuffing can't get through.  It's harder than using the recommended hook, but since you already know the basics of crochet it shouldn't be hard at all.

I actually just posted about this this week.  It only deals with gauge, but here's the link.  http://kansascitycrafty.com/how-important-is-gauge-in-amigurumis/

Can't wait to see what you make!  (And let us know if you need help posting pictures Smiley )
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012 11:51:11 AM by LaundryBunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochetmom85
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012 10:47:31 AM »

Honestly the best way to do it is to just jump in with both feet.
I started out like you just. All I knew when I first started was the treble crochet stitch. I youtubed tutorials and went from there. It does get easier the more you do.
I've up-ed my skills over the past two years and am fairly confidant that I can take on any pattern.
Just stick with it, trial and error and you"ll do just fine Smiley
Happy crocheting
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jedilady
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013 07:15:09 AM »

Yes, just jump in! I hadn't crocheted in probably 15 years (hated it then!) but then I saw the Star Wars amigurumi and got sucked in. C3PO was the very first thing I crocheted and I didn't have any problems at all.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Komekoro
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013 02:22:28 PM »

I've been working on amigurumi for about three years now, and I started with WolfDreamer's Mew. It was interesting. My tips:

1) Look up invisible decreasing. It makes your patterns look so much nicer. It generally goes something like this for single crochet - sc2tog: IN FRONT LOOP ONLY insert hook in front loop of 1st stitch, insert hook in front loop of second stitch, yo, draw through two loops on hook, yo, draw through last two loops on hook. Work regular sc in other stitches (aka through front and back loop) until next sc2tog. Repeat.

2) Stuff VERY firmly unless your amigurumi has a great shape on its own. Even though it isn't as squishy and cuddly, it will keep its shape better.

3) Keep your gauge/tension steady. In most amigurumi, unless you are trying to get the exact same size as the pattern, it doesn't matter what your gauge is as long as it is constant.

Feel free to message me if you have more questions! I'm also on Ravelry as Komekoro
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SassyCassie47
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013 08:04:55 PM »

This was my first Amigurumi pattern I tried: http://bearbunsstudio.blogspot.com/2009/03/snoopy-crochet-pattern.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
BBQ Baked Beans Recipe
Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese
Tips on Making Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Donut Making at Scoop De Jour
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...