The mannequin is slightly larger than me, so the dress doesn't look like it fits right. No worries, it was made for me, not the mannequin.
Recently, I have decided to create a few Lolita dresses. The prices of some I had found online were.....out of budget.
I used this pattern: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77268.msg3086149#msg3086149
Added sleeves. Okay, more like straps.
Added lace to the front two seams.
Added lace at the bottom (hardest part)
Zipper in the back.
And made two small bows to put at the top of the lace. The bow on the left side of the dress (right in the picture) is uneven, but that's because the strap was sewn off center of the front seam, but I was too lazy to fix it when I finished.
I got this pretty lace at JoAnn's. It was perfect. I had to keep walking back and forth deciding whether or not to get it.
It's not a very neat bow, but my long hair usually covers it. Plus, you can't tell from far away.
I used a cheap petticoat from Hot Topic.
Anyway, this was so much fun (and easy!) to make, and I plan on making more in different colors/styles.