A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September 2012 OPS D&G  (Read 10051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stephfro23

the best bubby a mama could have. 1997-2011

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012 09:09:38 PM »

I was thinking of something like that too jexxican!

As its getting colder I'll have more time for crafting, and when I get another supply of super glue (oh yeah Grin) I'll try my hand at putting them back together. Since some pieces are too small to recover, they'll have charming cracks and missing bits. I think they'll make lovely conversation pieces and can use them for keys when I walk in the door, or all three as candy dishes.

Who cares if the have holes and can't hold liquid? There are so many other things I could use them for!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Koreena
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2012 02:17:44 PM »

I seriously almost cried a bit when I opened my package from deathbeforedishes today...  It is so very thoughtful & meaningful ~ I almost don't even know what to say!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this package and am so very thankful that you chose to send it to me! Thank you!

First off, an INCREDIBLE hoop.  Incredible.  It is freakin cute AND it's inspired by my roller derby league's original logo Smiley

From our website:

Her amazing interpretation:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detailed shot (so you can see the puffy yarn texture, too):

She let me know that she left the year off of the skate so that the piece would be timeless ~ I love it!  Now to practice self control (and selfishness) and keep the hoop for ME.  We have 2 co-founders who have basically given up their lives to run our league, and tomorrow is Carla Dioxide's birthday.  She would love this.  Must keep for self. Must keep for self.   Grin

The gift that deathbeforedishes made for Chubbs is a super (super) cute Ninja Turtle toy  Cheesy  She let me know this was her first time changing colours in a crochet project ~ Wow, you did a great job!  This is going to be a treasured toy for him, I am sure.  My SO is going to loooove it too Smiley

deathbeforedishes~ I can't say enough about how happy I am with this package.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for spoiling me  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2012 02:35:03 PM »

Those are too awesome. DBD, you did a great job on both, but especially the hoop. Makes me want to skate just so I can get awesome hoops. Yes, I saw the one you got in the other swap as well, Koreen, super spoiled Canadian that you are. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2012 09:49:11 PM »

I got an amazing package from whenindoubtsew yesterday. She had claimed me for a vintagey type skirt. Not only was it made with kick ass vintage fabric, she was mindful about the colors (which I love), the size and length are perfect, and the style is adorable!!! (my picture doesn't do it justice). I CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR IT!!

Next, an adorable crocheted bracelet!

As I opened up the package further, I realized there was an extra surprise.. She had made my OH a t-shirt of his favorite Adventure Time character. YAY!

Thank you for making such thoughtful and lovely gifts! And thank you especially for thinking of my OH, he was very excited to have a surprise and something he loves!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
jexxican

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2012 04:15:17 AM »

Great package! That skirt is super cute and looks super comfy. I bet it will look great on Smashu.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2012 09:23:47 AM »

whenindoubtsew - I don't know how you have enough patience for international shipping  Hahaha  Wink  This is making ME crazy, and I'm not even receiving!!!  Hope that the package finds its way to you soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2012 12:35:38 AM »

whenindoubtsew - I don't know how you have enough patience for international shipping  Hahaha  Wink  This is making ME crazy, and I'm not even receiving!!!  Hope that the package finds its way to you soon!

I know - but I love swapping so much I have worked on my relaxation and patience skills  Cheesy I am sure it is getting close - I will let you know as soon as it gets here. Hope your hoop from me makes it soon as well  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Carnivorous plant swap - sent
Half a hoopla swap - sent
Lexophiles Unite - crafting
Vintage Halloween - crafting
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012 04:19:45 AM »

OK - I got really spoilt today with both my OPS packages arriving.

From the lovely Koreena a stash of beautiful hair accessories - I was lucky to make it out of the door at work with them all as a couple of my work colleagues mentioned loudly how they were the only clips that work in their hair!! I held on for dear life though as they are gorgeous and colours that are exactly 'me' so I will be wearing them alot. Sorry about the pics guys - it was dark at home when I had a chance to take them but I really wanted to show off my goodies  Tongue

And a lovely card and monkey knot toy for my puppies - it will get tested tomorrow at the beach  Cheesy

And from the awesome Jexxican two adorable Christmas hoopla - I can't wait to put these out when the rest of the Christmas  deccies go up. I love everything about them - stitching, colours, images - just incredible  Grin

Thankyou Koreena and Jexxican - you guys rock  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012 04:22:19 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Carnivorous plant swap - sent
Half a hoopla swap - sent
Lexophiles Unite - crafting
Vintage Halloween - crafting
jexxican

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2012 04:51:08 AM »

Glad you liked them, whenindoubt. Seeing them in the gallery, though, I feel I should have spruced them up a bit more. Funny, anxieties don't usually set in after my partners receive! Eek!

Love those clips Koreen sent you, though. That was a nice package all around but I'm pinning those little round circles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2012 05:26:02 AM »

Koreena ~ those hair clippies are so cute! You did an amazing job.  Cheesy I am honestly tickled pink that you love the hoop I made. I was hoping that you would.

Jexxican ~ I think the hoops are so pretty. You did an awesome job. I may be copying your snowman one for my upcoming holiday crafts.   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Giant Dust Storm Engulfs City In Arizona
Tips to Stabilize Your DSLR Videos Without a Tripod
Building An Indoor Flying Space & Aerial Photography Tips
How to Properly Photograph Fireworks
Secrets to Taking the Best Selfie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...