A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 3412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 01, 2012 05:08:58 AM »

Swap name: September Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 September 2012 to 30 September 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow raftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your pinterest site.  If you don't have a pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the August swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted.  

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.  

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: September Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012 05:16:01 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012 05:21:27 AM »

Discussion and Gallery

Swappers Name links to Pinterest
Bold and Blue = give love = claiming more than claimed
(1) Jexxican 2/0/2
(1) Casey1201 1/0/1
(3) deathbeforedishes 3/0/3
(2) smashu 2/0/2
(2) Breegy 1/0/1
(2) AuntieKar 2/0/2

(1) AMIFRIENDS 1/0/1
(3) Koreena 3/0/3
(1) stephfro23 1/0/1
(2) whenindoubtsew 2/0/2

Claims
Sent
Rec'd
Late with communication

Due Sep 18
deathbeforedishes --> Breegy for something hoop board inspired

Due Sep 19
AuntieKar --> deathbeforedishes for travel pillowcases for 2 princesses!
AuntieKar --> jexxican for dino socks for the kiddos

Due Sep 21
Breegy --> deathbeforedishes for a broomstick lace crocheted bracelet
Smashu --> Breegy for a pillowcase dress for her daughter
deathbeforedishes --> AuntieKar for something Quotables board inspried

Due Sep 22
Koreena --> AuntieKar for some Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub
casey1201 --> deathbeforedishes for some hoopla
smashu --> Koreena for a Beaded Wonder Woman bracelet

Due Sep 25
stephfro23 --> casey1201 for an item from her "art" board and one item from her "paper" board.

Due Sep 30
whenindoubtsew --> smashu for a vintagey type skirt

Due Oct 1
Koreena -->whenindoubtsew for some pretty hair accessories
Koreena --> Stephfro for a surprise
whenindoubtsew --> Koreena for some hoopla embroidery

Due Oct 3
jexxican --> AMIFRIENDS for some Hoop love!

Due Oct 4
AMIFRIENDS --> SMASHU FOR A HOOPLA "THE LITTLE PRINCE"

Due Oct 5
Deathbeforedishes --> Koreena for a derby pinterest surprise and a little treat for Chubbs

Due Oct 10
Jexxican --> whenindoubtsew for some Christmas hoops

September Winner: AuntieKar!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012 08:18:12 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

jexxican

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012 05:25:07 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM, USA.

I am a wife to a nerd and a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and a 6 month old baby girl. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do so note how those links go straight to their boards. Need info for sizing or anything just ask! I'm thinking I would really like some stuff for them to use for Christmas presents/stocking stuffers.

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open to interpretation, though I would really not like anything from the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though like I said, feel free to be inspired by it. The same with my "art" board, really. I don't have a lot of wall space, though I do have a hoopla/small art wall so feel free to make something for that. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little. Except my fiber. For some reason I'm trying to build a stash there, so if you want to send me something from my "Fibery Awesomeness" board you would be my best friend. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super., too.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I also really dig fall colors, being a redhead and all. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. I'm not usually very girly. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. My husband is straight up nerd. I think that's all there is to us.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012 05:28:41 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

Casey1201
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012 07:23:52 AM »

My name is Casey and I live in Colorado with my fiancee and our three fur kids. I work for the Humane Society as an Animal Welfare Officer and it is the most rewarding yet sad job.

I am open to whatever you want to create from my boards. I think the only one that I wouldn't want something from is the "Things I Have Made" board. I love aquas, teals, yellow (mustard to pale). If there are any pins that say they are for someone, I am ok with you crafting those too. Helps me out during the holidays! Feel free to craft for the fur kids too, "Dahlia" is a female Belgian Malinois, "Rocky" is a male Miniature Dachshund and "Daisy" is a female Miniature Dachshund. They are my little adopted kids  Smiley Let me know if you need any sizes or anything for any pins! Thanks for claiming me!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012 08:33:53 PM »

Hi! I am a mother of 2 wonderful daughters, ages 5 and 6. I live in Indiana, USA; though I am originally from California.  I will love anything you make for me.   Cheesy

I love the color peach and I love rainbows. I cannot knit and I don't machine sew very well, so receiving anything done in those mediums would be awesome.

I love hats! I'd love the one on my Peachy Goodness board... I'd love anything knitted or crocheted really.

My husband is allergic to rabbits and incense gives me very bad headaches
So, no rubbing bunnies on what you make.   Wink

My Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/leilaninaomi

All my boards are fair game, though my 'Things I've Made' board may not be the best to choose from.  Cheesy We love Doctor Who, Lego themed XBOX games, Ruby Gloom, and My Little Pony in our home. Anything geek is cool too. The hubby is a Freemason/Shriner and I need to start on his Christmas gifts, putting that out there for when I get a board for him going... one of these days...

I am open to receiving crafting supplies as well.

Be inspired or make me a replica! It's up to you!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012 03:28:59 PM by deathbeforedishes - Reason: I forgot an Oxford comma. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012 08:38:42 PM »

Hi! Im Ash from Ontario, Canada. Ive recently graduated with my Masters and just about to start working as an apparel designer after being laid off so Im pretty excited. I also do costume design in any other spare time I have. I live with my sweetheart who appreciates but is not craftily inclined himself (something I think will eventually rub off on him, he learned to hand sew this Christmas!). Im hoping to use this swap to get some pretty things for myself (especially if I can wear or use them at my new job) and help reduce my Christmas present list for all my lovely family and friends.

Colors I like: black, saffron, mint green, greys. Reds and purples, generally bright colors. Vintage palettes are great although I generally stay away from light pinks or yellows which clash with my pale complexion. Right now love anything tentacles, foxes, things related to such geekery as adventure time, venture bros, studio ghibli, harry potter, doctor who. In general love fairytales, fables and horror. If you want any measurements at all, just PM me and I can give them to you! Im fine with upcycled materials, sustainability is an interest of mine and I love vintage!

For my boards, stick to WANT! [mostly stuff for me] and Swap Ideas - Xmas [mostly holiday dcor wishes in Nightmare Before Christmas / Adventure Time themes and presents for friends and family that I would love to receive!]. I dont need duplicates of what Ive posted. If you feel inspired by a pin, use your imagination! I dont have a supply claim.

And the fun stuff. Ive got a lot of allergies! Smoke, perfumes and synthetic scents, cats, gerbils, certain plants, moulds, certain metals (Im okay with sterling silver or gold). With the metals, it isnt severe and if I know something will be rubbing against me that I will react to I can clear nail polish on it, problem solved. I also have a bunch of food allergies such as derivatives of corn, wheat, dairy, mustard family, grapeseed oil, anything fermented. Dont let that scare you off please!

My pinterest: http://pinterest.com/smashworks/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012 08:51:15 PM by smashu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
Breegy

Craft On!

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012 08:08:31 AM »

Ola! My name is Bree and I live just outside of St. Louis, MO.
I am a graphic design student and employee at my local college, I am a mother of a 1 year old little girl, and a girlfriend of 4 years to a wonderful man.

I don't have a particular expertise, but I learned how to crochet this year, although I'm still really slow at it =X. I absolutely cannot sew, neither by hand or with a machine. I just dont have the patience. I would love some sewn items, and I have a whole pinterest board worth of items for it. I would also love some stuff for my daughter, she has a bunch of boards just for her and her (pending) bedroom.

I am a slight nerd and I am obsessed with Firefly.  My pinterest can either be interpreted losely or strictly. You can use your best judgement =).
And Likes: I like stripes, india inspired designs, shabby chic, floral, lace, and antiqued designs/styles. I like bold, dark, jewel, and fall tones. I can never get enough of brown! I like all metals. Owl anything! Lavender, Hippy, and Coffee scents. Turquoise (the mineral, not particularly the color).
And Dislikes: Hotpink, reds, and purples. Fruit scents and minty scents. Anything super girly (unless it's floral or lace). Butterflies, polka dots, asian influences, dragonflies, cartoony flowers, pretty much anything that goes along with that "peace, unity, and love" trend. Although, I DO enjoy tie-dye in dark colors.

All my boards are fair game aside from the swap fullfilled/recieved boards (even the xmas one has a green light, if you feel in the mood), as I made that pinterest for the sole purpose of using on craftster as a wishlist. =) I also have a "Gifts" board so feel free to help me with those as I have a lot of family that need a lot of gifts.  (it's pretty much all crochet, as that is the only "big" thing I can do, but I'll attempt to add other stuff) Also, I prefer not to get supply packages, unless it's yarn. I love yarn.

And as a first, I have NO allergies. Although excessive cat hair tends to get me stuffie, so don't send me any balls of cat hair =D. Also, if you are a smoker, that doesnt bother me as I am also a smoker (I like pointing that out because smokers are minimal on this website and its always a relief to me when I don't have to be obsessive about washing my hands every time I smoke. haha).

Pinterest
Was that long enough? haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012 09:19:58 AM »

Hi!  I'm Karly, and I'm from Grand Rapids(area), MI.  I live with my hubby, and currently my parents as we are between residences.  I am a Bus Driver, and after-school teacher for a local daycare/pre-school, and I love to craft (duh!).  I have a 9 y/o step son, 2 nieces (one is 3, one is 2), and at least one nephew on the way (in Oct.) with another baby niece/nephew coming in March.  My Hubby and I love the outdoors, sports, movies, and gaming.  We are geeks, and proud of it!

My Pinterest www.pinterst.com/mrshoss is full of goodness.

All boards are fair game, except for Future Home, Someday Baby, and For School....as we have no baby, no home, and I do the school stuff at school.  Feel free to be inspired, as I don't expect exact replicas.  I would love help getting gifting started for Christmas, and if you need any sizes, feel free to let me know.

I'm super excited to be a part, and will love anything you send!

Karly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012 05:24:01 PM »

Hello everyone  Cheesy

I'm going to keep my bio from the August swap for now, hope that's OK!  My name is Koreen & I live near Niagara Falls in Canada.  **I have an American PO Box for swapping with people from the US**

I am mom to a giant boy who has just come to school at the university where I work.  My job is to provide "cultural activities" for students who have come to Canada to learn English & it suits my absolute love of learning about other cultures perfectly.

My current obsessions include playing roller derby (go Niagara Roller Girls!), all things crafty, spending time with family & friends, and relaxing with a good book or movie when I have some spare time. Which is almost never haha.

I am allergic to dust, mold & cigarette smoke, but don't think that those things should really affect what I receive...  I don't have any pets at home, but often spend time/craft at my SO's house and he has a cat.

All boards on my pinterest are fair game and supplies are great   Boards that will probably be easiest to claim from are: "I want these things. Bad", "Decor Ideas", "Things I want to make (or have made) for me", "Crafty Supplies I need" and "Jewelry".

I love blues above all but like most colours except for pastels and neons.  I love bracelets, earrings & necklaces and silver is my preferred metal...  Hand stamped charms are amazing, if you ask me.

My apartment is sadly boring when it comes to decoration... You know that place you decide to live 'for a little while' and don't really make it home?  Well, I've been there 4 years now... Think some wall art or hoops to start a hoopla wall would be pretty awesome.   I love trees, words & quotes, birds, books, silver, retro/pin-up images...  There's really not much I don't love.

I guess that's enough about me for now!  Questions about sizing or specifics for projects are welcome

Have a great day everyone!
 K>
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012 12:28:03 PM by Koreena » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AMIFRIENDS

I LOVE MONKEYS!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012 02:27:20 PM »

Hello, I'm Perla and i'm from Mexico . I love crafting since Ever! My favorite colors are pink, turquoise, teal, rainbow colors, purple and lime green, i don't like neons.

My faves boards are:
-quotes
-hooplas
-amigurumis
-dolls
-for the home.
 I'm not alergic to anything so, happy Crafting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I DON,T NEED TO GET ORGANIZED. I JUST NEED A BIGGER CRAFT ROOM =)

Im up for personal swaps...

My wists:
http://www.wists.com/AMIFRIENDS

my pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/amifriends/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Completing the Severed Witches Finger Part 2/2
How to Make Halloween Eyeball Bites
How to Make Crunchy Spiders Treats
How to Make Bloody Worms Treats
Removing Turkey from a Deep Fryer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...