A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 8 (signup thru Sept. 21, sendout Dec. 1)  (Read 108038 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady_Lilybell
« Reply #440 on: October 04, 2012 05:03:55 PM »

Stocking fabric came in, the solid color is too flat and a shade too light. The main fabric is so awesome looking. I'll just use the solid to make _____. I did place another order for whimsical fabrics.
 I have two notebook pages filled with ideas and notes. I have to thin the list a bit.

I did try my hand at _____ but got frustrated with the three "beginner" youtube videos (the host went too fast).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012 05:10:20 PM by Lady_Lilybell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 04, 2012 07:38:03 PM »

Lady_Lilybell: sorry to hear the youtube video's didn't help Sad I've been watching video's for many months for my new craft addiction, and there were some horrible, some good, some even fairly great. But surprisingly enough... the BEST I ever found was from somebody that... said craft wasn't even her hobby. Hope you don't give up and find some great tutorials.

Turns out I'm going to have to back off on crafting for a few days, at least. My temporary job had me scrubbing floors, cupboards, stairs, oven, top of fridge, etc... and I severely overdid it. My nurse neighbor thinks I have tendonitis now. Another friend thinks it's just over-used hand muscles. But regardless: using my hand hurts, except in such times it goes numb and tingly. Or cold and achy Sad (I think that's more "it's cold... and my hand gets cold and feels achy). So as soon as I post this, I'm signing off the computer, putting my crafting stuff away, and will be back to all the above in a few days when it heals up (hopefully that's all it will take).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Momof2!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #442 on: October 05, 2012 04:14:05 AM »

Well my little one was sick and out of school for two day earlier this week so my crafting had to be put on hold. I still have a list though, and hopefully I can get to the craft store and get a few supplies (maybe today, but doubtful).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexampersandra

Crafter. Librarian. Blogger.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #443 on: October 05, 2012 04:23:19 AM »

I have to regroup and reorganize so I don't get horrendously confused... I'm in four new swaps, plus making sure all my family/friend Christmas presents go right. Lucky for me, I make excellent to-do lists!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day." [Douglas Adams]
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: October 05, 2012 04:45:02 AM »

I have to regroup and reorganize so I don't get horrendously confused... I'm in four new swaps, plus making sure all my family/friend Christmas presents go right. Lucky for me, I make excellent to-do lists!

I'm totally a list person too...I have a stack of lists here on my desk!  There's a list of all the stuff I want to make for my partner, and then other lists--of what I have to do week by week, to fit it all in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #445 on: October 05, 2012 05:36:39 AM »

I make lists too!!  I'm in 4 swaps right now so the most important list is stuck to the wall right in front of my computer - it lists all the send by dates so I'm sure that each swap goes out on time  Smiley

Finished my stocking last night and I'm very pleased with how it looks - hope my partner will like it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thehappycrochetchic
« Reply #446 on: October 05, 2012 06:16:12 AM »

I recently made a swap notebook, where I list the name of swap, site (i swap on ravelry occaosionally too), due date, partner info, point and swap req., what i want to make, what i made, what i got, dc#, all that stuff, plus any ideas for projects related to that swap.  I would recommend this to anyone it is much easier for me to organize and know what is what, i think i need to get a calendar since we dont have one for some reason and have the due dates on there too....

i have a few store bought items but thats about it, i need to decide on what i am doing for my stocking so i can see if i have fabric or if i need to buy some, and start working on stockings, ive never made one, i have some patterns though so i think i will be okay and if not i know someone who can help me with it!`
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/

I love personal swaps!!
Message me...

Always looking to add to my hoopla wall...Wanna trade?
jmiller614
« Reply #447 on: October 05, 2012 10:17:49 AM »

still here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayleylujah
« Reply #448 on: October 05, 2012 02:50:13 PM »

Just checking in! Still crafting, but I am temporarily putting my crafts for this swap on hold while I finish all my Halloween themed swaps.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My jumbled blog of vegan rantings on food and crafts: http://limabeanlover.wordpress.com/
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: October 05, 2012 03:14:25 PM »

I've been MIA the past couple days as I was chaperoning an overnight field trip.  Sadly, I didn't get any crafting time, but I did get all my homework done for this weekend which means ... I GET ALL WEEKEND TO CRAFT!  WOOOOO!

I plan on making the stocking this weekend, which will be awesome to tick off the list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Origins of Betty Boop
The Origins of Garfield
Superhero Origins: Banshee
Comic Con - Damaged - Sam Worthington Interview
How to Drew a Picture Book
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...